Jungle Chogath is top-tier (Another guide by 5HITCOMBO)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phasebladerz

09-20-2010

what tier is cho? and i was wondering about the runes you have set up why is there no magic pen or any of the other runes you had in the other cho guide

Krackor

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasebladerz View Post
what tier is cho? and i was wondering about the runes you have set up why is there no magic pen or any of the other runes you had in the other cho guide
Runes on junglers are usually best when optimized for jungle progression rather than harassment/teamfighting like a typical champion's runes would be.

Attack speed is one of the best choices for increasing jungle dps, and especially on Cho once you get some ranks of E it's far better than mpen or arpen.

Mana regen seals aren't needed for jungle Cho since you'll have blue buff most of the time. The only other ways to go for seals is either armor or dodge, and since they're about the same in average mitigation in jungle, it usually comes down to player preference.

Again, since mana regen isn't needed for glyphs, you can either go with CDR or magic resist. I can't say why 5hitcombo chooses CDR over magic resist though.

5HATCOMBO

10-20-2010

I've actually been running pure attackspeed runes on him lately because it makes you dominate their jungler so much harder. I also have a second route I take nowadays that I think is better if you want to gimp their jungler over instead of hitting a gank at 4, and it involves starting at their wraiths with smite/rupture/auto and going their wraiths -> wolves -> your wraiths -> stone golems bluepill then their wraiths again if they're up followed by your blue if he's defended it. Pretty much always I'm going cloth + 2 pots + ward (ward their wraith grass at 1:40 when you're doing their wraiths, it's worth it) then boots -> HoG -> Aegis/Rylais depending on MU (used to be RoA until last patch) -> GA -> finish Randuin's or get Banshee's Veil, depending on MU. After that it's just situational items and you're never going to get much further than this unless it's a mad close hour long game. Try to get an Oracles mid- to lategame and keep their wards off the map and their stealthers in check. I've also been running 1/8/21 lately for improved summoner cds, and that comes into play (smite their wraith and it's up in time to smite your wraith or your blue buff).

Anyway yeah, Jungle Cho is awesome nowadays.

USS BUTTPEE

10-20-2010

One question, what in the world is NLR?

LiquidEagle

10-20-2010

Needlessly Large Rod 1600 gold part of zyonga's ring

USS BUTTPEE

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidEagle View Post
Needlessly Large Rod 1600 gold part of zyonga's ring
Oh. Well I feel stupid now.

Warrrax

10-25-2010

I really enjoyed this guide and it inspired me to give it a shot...as a level 10 summoner. I had to make a few adjustments to get it working better as you can imagine.
So I am here to NOOB up your guide for ya!

Masteries: It would be nice to have the longer jungle buffs and mana regen, but I went Offense 10. With few points you can't afford the fluff to get to something good.
Offense Mastery adds TWO damage per point vs creeps and works on spells too (except for Vorpal.)
That plus 2% crit, 4% attack speed and Smite makes it all worthwhile.
Any extra I put into Armor. This made a surprisingly big difference, especially if you get a lucky crit early.

Summoner: Heal is pretty great. I'd love to have ghost, but you have to be able to live through the jungling experience, right?
I always use the Heal when fighting the Blue buff at level 2. Its helpful throughout the game too.

Runes: 30 level 3 runes is SIX TIMES more power than 10 level 1 ones. Thats a lot of difference to overcome.
Marks should be attack speed. Seals should be cooldown reduction probably cuz theres not much else.
However, Glyphs should probably be Dodge or something instead of mana regen.

Items: Cloth armor +5 pots works nicely. I upgrade the cloth armor to a Ninja Tabi which gives more armor and speed boost and the dodge is nice.
Then I go with a Soulstealer if I think I will be able to get some kills, then start tanking it up.
A Rylai is pretty strong too due to the HP gain and the permanent 15% slow that your spikes now inflict. Stacking the slow with your Rupture is helpful too for the opener.

Skills: I start with VORPAL SPIKES instead of rupture. While rupture deals 80 damage, it eats mana which you will NOT be able to recover unlike the big boys. Starting with spikes gives you +20 damage vs wraiths/wolves every second! After wolves youve leveled and have a full mana pool to unload on the Blue Buff guy. Spikes also eliminates the Rupture-positioning-hoze that happened too often. Starting with a normal autoattack would ensure all foes ate my spikes.

Playstyle: Ive finally gotten to the point where I can kill wraiths, wolves, blue buff, their wraiths, their Redbuff, their golems and still have about 1/2 my health. This took a while to achieve and lets me go Gank top with red/blue buffs active if the enemies are beat up. At the least, I can go spam a few ruptures at them if the positioning isnt good. Hopefully my heal cooldown is ready which will boost me to full to let me gank.
I then B, buy ninja tabi and some pots and back I go!

onethreeone

12-23-2010

What did this last patch do to jungle cho? Still as strong, or is the lower health / mana return from level ups a hindrance?

acidleak

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterslicer View Post
Hey 5hitcombo, I've tried to follow everything in your guide as much as i could, but i just keep dieing whenever i do blue buff. i'm only summoner level 20 though and i don't have enough IP to buy the all the suggested runes which i'm guessing is why i'm failing so hard. I've jungled with Yi and WW before without the proper runes, but is there anyway i can do that with chogath?

When i use cloth + 5 hp pots, i get golem to 200 life (smited) then i die, and when i use a red pot + 5 hp pots, i can kill him but end up with like 160 life and can barely finish the jungle once, with really low health the whole time. Then when i go for the enemies jungle (usually no jungler) i die at golem again unless i b pill and heal first. ANY advice would be really nice as i don't wanna lane with chogath anymore, and i really enjoy your guide :P
also what ive noticed is that if you dont have the required runes, go full def mastery. as it is im running full dodge runes starting with E and i can blue at lvl 1 where if i dont def mastery blue is iffy at best and it is really annoying to be called a noob jungler.

acidleak

12-27-2010

question: why do you start with rupture? it seems to me that spikes would be much better as they have a much much higher dps. if you start at wraiths you have 80 dmg per atk(hits for 20 on each creep) instead of a one time thing.

great guide though, gave me some ideas, ive been running a jungle cho(or 1v2 if we have a jungle, i like that just as much as jungle, if it is a 1v1 then total gg) thnx