Please stop picking these champions on dominion if you're on my team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

07-29-2012

Anivia
Annie
Ashe
Brand
Cho'Gath
Gangplank
Garen
Gragas
Karthus
Katarina
Kennen
Miss Fortune
Morgana
Nidalee
Sejuani
Sion
Tristana
Trundle
Tryndamere
Twisted Fate
Varus
Veigar
Viktor
Vladimir
Xerath

They are subpar picks, and are poorly suited for the game mode in comparison to other champions.

On the other hand if you are ever on the enemy team, I highly encourage you to pick one of these champions. I do enjoy the free wins.

Downvotes inc.

NamKim

07-29-2012

The problem is that we are technically playing on "Normal." And Normal is often where people are suppose to experiment with different champions.

A person playing ranked plays to win. So, he will try to pick champions that would maximize his chances at winning. However, if he is playing Normal, he would probably pick champions that he wants to try out or just have fun with.

Fanaticmogg

07-29-2012

You listed 25 champions.

That is nearly a quarter of all champions in LoL.

And some of those picks are disputable.

Genericke

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
You listed 25 champions.

That is nearly a quarter of all champions in LoL.

And some of those picks are disputable.
Half of the champion roster is going to be an above average pick for dominion, and the other half below average.

otirruborez

07-29-2012

i play viktor a lot and win just fine. nobody knows what he does.

The Muesli

07-29-2012

I'll agree with you if you change your wording from "sub-par" to "not imbalanced on dominion". Some of those champs like Sion and Trundle can play exceptional dominion games. But they're outclassed by champs like Darius or Rammus who are just god mode. Every champ can be good on dominion if you play dominion rather than playing K/D.

Genericke

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otirruborez View Post
i play viktor a lot and win just fine. nobody knows what he does.
Actually I will admit that I've had a lot of success with Viktor bot against a lot of match ups. A lot of people underestimate his burst. It's to the point where I've managed to beat every single Jax I've gone up against with him. There are still better picks though than Viktor, especially if you're going to send him top lane.

otirruborez

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
Actually I will admit that I've had a lot of success with Viktor bot against a lot of match ups. A lot of people underestimate his burst. It's to the point where I've managed to beat every single Jax I've gone up against with him. There are still better picks though than Viktor, especially if you're going to send him top lane.
i'm not saying he's good or anything(most ap champs dmg is very bad in dominion, including viktor), but you can win with most champs if you're a good player.

i only play him top btw. the slow/stun alone is good enough to not make him total ****.

i feel if you're gonna play an ap champ, make sure you have some sort of cc and don't rely entirely on your ultimate, because your dmg is not gonna be that great for the most part.

DiscworldDeath

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
Why play J4? Jax is better. Why play Irelia? Jax is better. Why play....

There are almost always "better" champions. But sometimes you want to play a specific champion. And otherwise we'd all play the same ~10 champions.

Wishsong214

07-29-2012

There are some on this list that turn out to be sub-par. Morgana's just not as viable as she is on SR, since her main advantage there is farming...which doesn't matter as much on the CS. (Hehe, CS is not as important on CS). Ashe's Hawkshot passive is similarly not nearly as useful, and jungle ganks just aren't as common in Dominion, so the active isn't worth it either. And Kennen meanwhile is designed to take advantage of that one slip up and change the tide of a SR match. With Dominion's quick revives and lack of emphasis on kills and assists, he's not as viable.

However, Gangplank I've seen do some hefty damage, especially since his global ult can prevent point capture if saved for the right moment. And Viktor...I main him on the Scar, and I've found that as long as you build him tanky enough, he can defend a point to no end, and his W, E, and R can harass/turret dive very well for offense. As the original poster mentioned, he can be taken bot to some surprising results.