Irelia vs Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyeRye

07-29-2012

Hey, I was wondering how to beat Jayce with Irelia. I've been seeing that Irelia counters Jayce, but I don't see how. Am I doing something wrong?

Situation 1: I go into last hit. Then Jayce combos me with his Hammer form and i take free damage for trying to cs which causes me to either "B" or pop hp pots.

Situation 2: I am too scared to go cs so i stand back and wait for the cs to come to me (under tower) or I wait until I can ult.

Also i cant trade with him at any levels I try the Q>E>W>AA combo but that doesn't have an effect on him.

Am I doing something wrong with my build?

SyeRye

07-29-2012

I just realized you can't read the picture >.<

The first game I went 4/7/7 with 168cs and it lasted ~40min

The games under that don't really matter because they weren't against Jayce

Travistyse

07-30-2012

.-. Not gonna lie. Jayce solotop is bull xD

He can harrass you on your tower with his gate + powerblast, which does an insane amount of base damage when it hits. Oh you wanted to get close or farm? Uses E and throws you back, taking 8%+ of your hp as he does so.

Honestly. Whenever Jayce is solotop there's only one strategy. Hope he's dumb, let him take your tower, free farm while he roams.

Scenario 2: Get a decent jungler. Have him gank.

Hilta

07-30-2012

Trade with him if he try to deal free damage onto you when you go in for cs, dont use Q>E>W, use E>AA>W>AA>Q(because Q deals the true damage from your W). Jayce is very strong before 6 because he doesnt have a proper ultimate, let him push to your turret and farm passively, you can push back once you are level 6. If you are getting zoned, you can think of getting 1x doran blade+ heart of gold before getting phage/sheen. Jayce isnt a hard lane for Irelia.

DanteDarkly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

I main both jayce and Ireliea top. I have to say I've got mad love for Ireliea but I wouldn't lock her vs Jayce. She is great vs hp regen or stand and fight champs like mundo and sion (just let them get a lil harrass in then stun and lifesteal back), however with Jayce's To the Skies/KnockBack combo it is very hard to get in and do anything to him.

Instead I would suggest a different approach. Xin, Yorick, Fizz and Jax all have a habit of getting the edge over Jayce in my experience.

shintoscythe

07-31-2012

It's fairly easy, once you figure it out. Basically you just exploit the cooldown of Jayce's R. Irelia is great because she can initiate at almost any time.

Thus

Trick 1- start freefarming til Jayce tries to jump you. If you can stun him, great. If you have to back off, fine. If he jumps you, W, E, run. You might not exchange profitably BUT

Inevitably he will push you to tower and change to his cannon

Trick 2- when Jayce takes a power shot at you, just charge him. Often he will miss expecting you to try to dodge. Better yet, right when he changes, Q a creep and then just smack him.

Trick 3- Don't go in to kill, because if you end up chasing him, that's when he switches back to hammer, gains movement speed, gains a critical hit, and smacks you around the map. If you CAN pick up a kill great but try to push him out of lane

The last trick for doing that is also simple. Just build health and mana regen and continue to buy pots.

Hilta basically has the right idea. Just avoid large confrontations and even if you don't trade profitably, buy a regrowth pendant and maybe a philosopher's stone if you are running out of mana against him. Let him push, then when he switches to cannon charge him, and you will come out on top. Just don't chase. Charge him, dish it out, then run back. He will switch to hammer and have no one to hit.

Ryios

01-22-2013

Jayce gets mana regen from his hammer mode so he's going to want to be in hammer mode as much as possible. But even then he has to the skies and the knock back on his e, don't let him knock you into his tower. Secondly a Jayce with MS quiints is really hard to chase, he gets MS from his passive when switching modes and he has the gate to go even faster. Chasing him, really bad idea as hell just gate and turn around and shoot his cannon through the gate at you dealing even more dmg.

In range mode his w gives him 3 fast (hits hard) shots. Imo the only real way to get jayce is to block his cannon with minions and be something that can range haras him, like teemo. Jayce's range on his ranged is really short (aside from his cannon Q). If you block that with minions you can just have a ranged out range him and haras him out of the lane.

Imo, I don't know why more people don't play Jayce, he has so much utility in team fights and he does a lot of dmg.