Increased Spell Power

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Actingman

09-09-2010

I was playing as a character (I think Kerran) who used energy instead of mana. Does gear that says +magic or + spell power (I'm sorry I can't remember which one!) also increase the power of his abilities? I wasn't sure if they count as magic or not.

xpsychedelico

09-09-2010

If it's Kennen, ability power items boost his ability damage, like a blasting wand. If an ability has a green (XXX + XX) beside it for damage, it gains extra damage from ability power. If it is orange, it gains extra damage from getting attack damage items like a BF sword.

PaperTree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-09-2010

If the +X damage in the skill description is green it makes it gains more damage from Ability Power(AP). If it is a orange/red type color in the skill description it is based off of the champions Attack Damage(AD). Hope that clears it up.

Actingman

09-09-2010

So if the ability thing is green and it gains from ability power, does the regular attack gain damage from +damage things?

MrTheZebra

09-09-2010

if an ability has a +(green number), spell power items will increase the damage.

if an ability has a +(orange number), attack damage items will increase the damage.

if an ability has a +(blue number [AKA Ryze}), items that give mana will increase the damage.

Attack damage items also increase your champion's physical attack, or as you put it your regular attack.

Actingman

09-09-2010

Thank you very much!