Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pushers and SR meta . . .

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orald

07-29-2012

. . . where do they fit?

From what I understand, a "pusher" is a champion who can control their lane well, avoid ganks, etc., but I've never seen this term used anywhere but Riot's official categorization of the champions, and I have no idea how one is supposed to play a pusher in the usual Summoner's Rift metagame. While I have a backlog of about 8 champions I want to buy before I even get into seemingly less-used roles like this one, I'd still like to know something about just what such a character is supposed to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kreyni

07-29-2012

Pushers usually can be categorized into a different category to fit the meta.

Sivir, an AD Carry, is a pusher.
Mordekaiser, an AP solo top with the illusion of being tanky, is a pusher.
Twisted Fate, an AP Carry, is a pusher.

and so on...

Vaaz

07-29-2012

If you have a "pusher" mid, zyra, mal, mord. They can clear the wave then you have to deal with the turret possibly taking kills. It also allows them to roam more without fear of the tower being assaulted.