Just a question about champion prices

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Frosthaven

10-20-2010

I picked up LoL about 2 weeks ago and have been loving it for the few good games that come along. It is my understanding that Riot wants to keep the game balanced amongst all champions.

So if all champions are balanced (in the perfect world), what causes some to cost more IP than others?

Nightlynx

10-20-2010

The fun factor.

Most of the 6300 champs are much more fun than your 450. Why get a boring Ashe when you can get pew-pew with MF? Or maybe something more cool in a spatial bow like manner by getting Ezreal?

Swain is also much more fun to play with as compared to ryze. Ryze = RWEQ, Swain not so.

So yea... its the fun factor.

facepalmextreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

excellent question, and welcome to LoL frosthaven.

Champions as of late have been being released at a 3150-6300 IP rate, but the real reason behind champion release prices is how easy the champion is to master. like wise, if you can master a 6300 champion (some of them are actually easy to play...) it can merit more. most of the champions at that price have attributes with multiple uses!

let's take the champion corki for example. many people choose not to play him because he is very hard to use, but he is rewarding

some of the skills with multiple attribute corki has are

Phosphorous bomb: this skill is an aoe effect that blinds targets in the area, and also uncovers stealthed champions! wow, that's neat, but you have to learn when and when not to use it.

Valkyrie: this skill quickly moves corkie to a location, dealing damage along the way, and can be used as a method of catching up to enemies, or escaping.

taking some champions that are cheaper (I don't want to make this thread too long) they have skills unique skills as well, but they don't all have as many uses as corki's.

Riot Frosthaven

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlynx View Post
The fun factor.

Most of the 6300 champs are much more fun than your 450. Why get a boring Ashe when you can get pew-pew with MF? Or maybe something more cool in a spatial bow like manner by getting Ezreal?

Swain is also much more fun to play with as compared to ryze. Ryze = RWEQ, Swain not so.

So yea... its the fun factor.
Ah that is what I assumed. I've already got a few champs that are a lot of fun to play, but im saving up for either vlad or galio now. Thanks for the insight!

I prefer characters with steep learning curves, so we will see

trumpsta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2014

yup frost's a rioter, grats