I feel Yasuo's ult needs some damage changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lord Mayor

4 Weeks Ago

The mere fact that he can get free initiations of his teammates really defeats the purpose of having to effectively use his own knockup late game while being an exceptionally cheap gamechanger. I feel that if his ult is triggered by a teammates CC it should have a lesser damaing effect, for instance less damage or no armor penetration, while triggering his ult with his own knockup should have a stronger damage/CC effect, for instance more damage, more armor penetration, more crit damage or longer knockup time. I think this should have a similar effect with Rumble changes, separating the good yasuos from the great yasuos. It forces yasuo players to make the plays with more of their own skill while still allowing the teammate knockup to trigger some wombo combos. I welcome any objections or further input

Nea De Penserhir

4 Weeks Ago

It doesn't, really. It just punishes teamwork.

wolfax

4 Weeks Ago

What Rumble changes are you talking about?

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Weeks Ago

But what's the difference between an Annie stunning a target on her own vs stunning an already stunned target? Not much right? Does she get a damage penalty for using someone else's CC to land her own? No. Same applies to Yasuo.

Valkyrea

4 Weeks Ago

tbh yasuo's whole kit needs to be looked at...its kinda in a stupid place right now

The Oney One

4 Weeks Ago

Everyone needs to calm down about Yas, his kit is fine. Everyone is just so angry because Riot finally made a melee AD carry. Quit using immobile squishy champs and dive on Yas early and often. He'll be so far behind it simply wont matter. His Ult is fine, he should not be punished for using good communication and teamwork.

Finnicks

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper Cell View Post
But what's the difference between an Annie stunning a target on her own vs stunning an already stunned target? Not much right? Does she get a damage penalty for using someone else's CC to land her own? No. Same applies to Yasuo.
The difference is Annie doesn't need to stun someone before she can use a specific ability on them. Yasuo can only ult targets that are knocked-up.

Let's rework Brand. Instead of requiring his own personal Blaze debuff to proc his abilities' extra stuff, now they just need to have any damage-over-time ability. Now Brand can just make sure to bring a Teemo, a Shyvana and a, oh hell let's bring Tristana too, and suddenly his damage and utility is massively increased with no corresponding increase in skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oney One View Post
Everyone needs to calm down about Yas, his kit is fine. Everyone is just so angry because Riot finally made a melee AD carry. Quit using immobile squishy champs and dive on Yas early and often. He'll be so far behind it simply wont matter. His Ult is fine, he should not be punished for using good communication and teamwork.
The problem isn't him being "punished". He's balanced around being able to compete using his own knockup to proc his ult. So when his team builds a "roffleknockupcomp" around him full of click-to-knockups (I'm looking at you, Wukong), he goes from being fairly balanced to being completely broken.

The game is supposed to be about skill, and yet a Yasuo player doesn't need skill. If he can't land his Q, he just needs a few buddies to pick Wukong and J4 and do the hard part for him (but it's not hard for them because their knockups are really easy to land) so he can rofflekillpeople with 0 effort.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnicks View Post
The difference is Annie doesn't need to stun someone before she can use a specific ability on them. Yasuo can only ult targets that are knocked-up.

Let's rework Brand. Instead of requiring his own personal Blaze debuff to proc his abilities' extra stuff, now they just need to have any damage-over-time ability. Now Brand can just make sure to bring a Teemo, a Shyvana and a, oh hell let's bring Tristana too, and suddenly his damage and utility is massively increased with no corresponding increase in skill.
You know, Yasuo isn't the only champion with direct kit interaction. Anybody else remember Cassiopeia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnicks View Post
The problem isn't him being "punished". He's balanced around being able to compete using his own knockup to proc his ult. So when his team builds a "roffleknockupcomp" around him full of click-to-knockups (I'm looking at you, Wukong), he goes from being fairly balanced to being completely broken.

The game is supposed to be about skill, and yet a Yasuo player doesn't need skill. If he can't land his Q, he just needs a few buddies to pick Wukong and J4 and do the hard part for him (but it's not hard for them because their knockups are really easy to land) so he can rofflekillpeople with 0 effort.
See, it's funny, because a lot of people forget that Yasuo's Q is actually not hard to land...if you use it with his E. Which makes it into an Alistar-esque knockup that can crit.

Jbels

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
You know, Yasuo isn't the only champion with direct kit interaction. Anybody else remember Cassiopeia?

See, it's funny, because a lot of people forget that Yasuo's Q is actually not hard to land...if you use it with his E. Which makes it into an Alistar-esque knockup that can crit.
Are people seriously calling him bad? I'll be honest, I never really paid attention to my dash stacks on him, so I usually just played without caring about the damage on my e, so these nerfs are kinda...there, I guess?

Nubeel

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbels View Post
Are people seriously calling him bad? I'll be honest, I never really paid attention to my dash stacks on him, so I usually just played without caring about the damage on my e, so these nerfs are kinda...there, I guess?
I used it to CS better early and to chase/run away from people... Never really considered the damage lol.