Gnar - why cant i outrun him in mega gnar either?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StankyGanks

1 Week Ago

Im playing top lane versus gnar
Getting wrecked under tower by his mini gnar q
Get below half hp, his rage is around 95
Start to run to base
He misses everything on me, but mega gnars and hits me with his w outside of the rectangle hitbox.
i flash to get away, and make some pretty good distance because i had boots and he didnt
Gnar throws his giant rock at nidalee spear range and kills me.

1. If little gnars power is ranged combat and kiting....
2. And big gnars power is being an in your face bruiser with a ton of cc and burst......
3. Then why does he have a super long range nuke that slows?

Jbels

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankyGanks View Post
Im playing top lane versus gnar
Getting wrecked under tower by his mini gnar q
Get below half hp, his rage is around 95
Start to run to base
He misses everything on me, but mega gnars and hits me with his w outside of the rectangle hitbox.
i flash to get away, and make some pretty good distance because i had boots and he didnt
Gnar throws his giant rock at nidalee spear range and kills me.

1. If little gnars power is ranged combat and kiting....
2. And big gnars power is being an in your face bruiser with a ton of cc and burst......
3. Then why does he have a super long range nuke that slows?
I believe the proper question is, why didn't you watch for the channel and move to the right or left when you saw him winding it up?

Remhouse

1 Week Ago

Why not dodging ?

junglerboy16

1 Week Ago

the reason he has a slow like that is because if he didn't, then he would have no way to close the gap at all. also, it has quite a long wind up for a skillshot, so if you practice dodging faster skillshots like caitlyn's piltover peacemaker or jayce's charged power shot, then dodging something slow like his boulder will become easier. If he DOES get you, then he is supposed to be able to reset the CD and hit you again while slowed, thus letting him catch up to melee range.

P.S. when dodging, remember that the QoL buff to his boulder has it deal a tiny bit of AOE damage on landing if it didn't hit you directly already.

Euphoria Rev

1 Week Ago

MegaGnar's hitbox on his stun is very inaccurate though.

Ch0c0lateJesus

1 Week Ago

He needs to have some way to keep from being kited to death. All tanks that are vulnerable to kiting have one ability to lock down their opponent. At least Gnar's is a skillshot, and not the point and click eternal slow that Nasus has.

364degrees

1 Week Ago

that rock is so slow.