Draft Character Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pother

07-29-2012

We need some serious official or unofficial rules for character select. So frequently do I see games turn into a giant argument in character select because half of the team wants to communicate and request roles that they are good at, and the other half of the team decides they are entitled to pick whichever champion they want for whatever reason. It turns into a bunch of high ego teenagers arguing about who is in the right, and who is more of a child, and then if you are lucky someone decides to dodge.

Clearly setting things in concrete and forcing people to play a certain way isn't desirable, but maybe even just a little character select assistance would be nice. Maybe a flag that you can set before you join queue, which indicates which lane you would prefer before you even get into character select? I realize we have the summoners code, but I wouldn't consider that guidance enough for the types of players in this game.

The challenge of playing against other people is the best part of this game, but clearly the worst part of this game is actually having to deal with other people. No one can discount the notoriously immature and egotistical nature of the game community these days, and any sort of structure can help reduce so much conflict.

thePINKavngr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

I love the idea of a flag saying which lanes you are best in. Perhaps with any number of lanes can be chosen? I know I personally don't care which lane I play, so I usually just go with the flow. I'd select all lanes.

Goozik

07-29-2012

I agree, there should be a handy lil set of guide lines that is well known for drafting.

I've found myself saying this in pregame when people start complaining...
This is not grade school, "calling it first" means nothing. There is a draft order where people take turns picking. Strategy, counter picking and playing what your good at are things to consider when you pick.

I find this lil bit helps quell the situation often, although I do admit I get a fair share of dodges within 30secs of posting it.

Ahri Rox

07-29-2012

I suggested the same idea a week ago and got ignired and called a meta sheep. I hope this thread remains civil and catches some red attention.