Warwick? Effective wy to play him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daNNux

11-09-2009

I have tried Warwick a couple of times and i just die horribly.

Ok hes godd in 1 vs 1 but nobody in their right mind goes alone anymore = mega dead warwick. And in groupfights i get targetet easily and killed in like 2-3seks.

I have tried the itembuilds from the Wwguides but i still fails horribly.

Also im too low lever to be able to jungle from start.

Any ideas from the forum how to make him the killer hes supposed to be?

kalris

11-09-2009

With out runes at the moment he's a lot harder to jungle with it seems to me so I have been using smite or rally or both to get the golem buff first. Remember infinite duress takes into effect your attack damage so buffing that with a bloodrazer asap is a really good idea and it is a stun, so use it on squishies or key heros like malphite if you are with your team.

And most of all, lot of people are recognizing this game is a team game. Play as a team and you will have more success with him as with any character you pick.

Mozric

11-09-2009

You can still jungle... kinda. Rally/Heal + smite with health pots should allow you to golem. Then you could jungle everything except lizard, lane a little until 700 gp, and then lizard when rally's up.

Warwick is more useful for mid-game ganks. Jump into a lane unexpectly and score a kill along with your team. Hopefully through jungling you'll be ahead on gold, so late game with the other time a bit underlevelled from you killing them you should be competetive. Warwick's great for taking down towers with maxed W. Meanwhile, though, you need to have a team that actually benefits from having two solos. If nobody on your team can solo jungling is pretty useless.

Psychlone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

You can easily kill Golem with simply a Cloth Armor and 2 Health pots in addition to smite. Open with smite, immediately pop a health pot while killing 1 of the side minions, use Hungering Strike on Golem in the middle of all that to regain health and then immediately when it is up again, and use your 2nd health pot the moment the first has expired, I have never completed it with less than 10% health.

EDIT: Also after clearing every camp besides lizard, you can easily kill lizard camp if your smite is up by using your rally. That is in all essences the most effective way to jungle.

TitaniumDJ

11-10-2009

My Warwick jungle is a bit different but it works for quickly going thru all the creeps on your side including the Lizard before you go back. I buy the cloth armor and 4 health pots to start. My spells are Smite and Rally, can't do it any other way without runes.

I don't go strait to the golem since it will be obvious to the other team that you are jungling and they will try for the early gank about half the time. I usually start by going to the grass in front of Baron/ Dragon depending on which side you are on. This is so you can see the enemy coming to gank you without them seeing you. If you see only 1 or 2 I will mark them so my team can converge and destroy. If I see more than that it usually means they are going for the full team gank. If that is the case I tell my team to ignore and walk around to the other golem. You must do this without being seen so the other team wastes the time waiting at the one on our side .Just remeber if anyone spots you retreat immediately and wait until they are fighting the creeps to jungle. This is annoying but avoids early death and only delays jungling by 10-15 seconds.

For the Golem I use Smite, Rally, and pop a health pot right away. This may sound like a bit much but it avoids having to use your hungering strike more than once. Even with the Golem buff you will not have much mana to get thru the lizard before you go back. Next is Golems/ Wolves. If Golems pop another health pot and use W and Q once. Save the smite for the large Wraith on your side. Finish the small wraiths and skip over the Lizard to the Golem/ Wolf on the other side and come back to Lizard when smite is recharged. When you fight him start with smite and W then health pot. Q as much as nessecary till finished and blue pill. You should be right at 700 when you get back and still have 1-2 health pots if all went well. If both the Wolf/ Golems end up Golems then you will probably have to use all 4.

After that I race back to the the Golem on their side and kill the respawned wraiths on the way. Then it is strait to the dragon. When you head to the dragon make sure no one sees you cross the middle lane or else they will probably know where you are headed. I usually go around more to my side to avoid this. While fighting the dragon pay close attention to the enemy champions that leave their lane. If you see more that one gone just leave and come back later. I also usually save my smite for the end of the dragon fight so a sneaky cloaked character cannot steal if from me.

At this point you will usually be close to level 6 and you can start ganking low health champs. My item build is Bezerker Boots, Mandreds Bloodrazer then Frozen Mallet followed by another Mandred's. This build works well for ganking and then pushing towers in mid to late game.

Another note about escaping ganks: Most people thinks that Warwick has no escape mech. but I find that when you are jumped by 2-3 enemy champs rather then run I Ult the weakest one followed immediately by hungering strike to make sure they drop below 50% health. This only takes 3-4 seconds and will activate your movement bonus making escape much more likely.

This ended up a bit longer then planned but I hope it helps you survive as Warwick.

Valcurdra

11-10-2009

Learn 2 jungle + gank!

1. Jungling lets your team have 2 solo lanes which is a big advantage.

2. Leave jungling for conviniet ganking opportunities when they present. Your ulti practically garuntees you a kill if used properly.

Warick is better in pre arranged than solo by far because you can co ordinate ganks better and you wont have to explain the concept of jungling to the noobs on your team every game.

Also he loses a bit of power once the laning phase ends and your enemy team is sticking together. At that point you need to change your role to a bit more of a support strat rather than a melee beast.

my 2 cents for you

Gigarayzor

11-11-2009

You can jungle starting at lvl 2 with just smite/heal. Probably not even necessary to hit 2, but it helps to have both the improved smite and heal summoner skills. Though you're right, once you hit the 5-man ganksquad part of the game, warwick loses something. He can still be helpful with hunter's call though, and can effectively take one enemy out of the fight with his powerful focus damage. His biggest contribution to the team is in giving your team 2 solo lanes and in killing the dragon over and over.

wildfire393

11-11-2009

I've only played Warwick a few times, but I've had some decent successes with him. Here are some tips if you don't just want to jungle the entire time:

Warwick is somewhat of a tank, but definitely a monster in terms of lategame DPS output. Don't neglect either of these facts, try to pick up items that help both areas (Phantom Dancer for dodge chance + crit and attack speed, Phage/Frozen Mallet for damage and HP, Madred's Razor/Bloodrazor for Armor and damage, Wit's End for Spell Resist and damage, Malady for Lifeleech and damage, Atma's Impaler for HP and damage etc). Pure tank items (Warmog's, Sunfire, Force of Nature, Guardian Angel) and pure DPS items (Zeal, Infinity Edge, etc) tend to be less useful on him. Many of the abovementioned items also have amazing synergy with his ultimate, which lands 6 hits at 1/3rd power but with all of the procs. So if you ult someone with a Malady, a Phage, a Bloodrazor, and a Wit's end, they'll find themselves down 210 mana, likely slowed, with 6 malady stacks, and with a straight 210 from wit's end, 420 from the level 3 Duress bonus damage per hit and 15% from Bloodrazor taken off of their HP, in addition to better than 2 full attacks of damage (since the malady stacks will make the later hits slightly more powerful). This generally puts a major hurt on even the most solid of tanks. Combine this with the fact that his Q, Hungering Strike, deals a % damage that caps at 20% at 5t level and your enemies will quickly find themselves short on HP. And when they dip under half, his E kicks in for up to a 40% movement speed boost and almost no one can escape. W gives you and your allies an attack speed boost, which is great for pushing towers, finishing someone off, or buffing your entire party in team fights.

Your starting item should either be a Cloth Armor to build towards Madred's or a Ruby Gem to build towards Phage. This should give you enough durability to stay in lane much of the time at the start, especially with your passive and Q keeping your life total up. Don't really worry about ganking at the beginning unless your partner can provide a stun, as until you get your R and a point or two in E you won't be able to secure the final blow unless they are moronic, but don't be afraid to take a bite out of them with Q if the opportunity presents itself. Pick up basic boots when you first get the chance, then complete either Phage or Razor when you first have the money. After that you should probably pick up the other of those two and work towards building a Bloodrazor. After that you can upgrade your boots. Zerk's Greaves are your default choice, but Ninja Tabi can be used if you're facing down a lot of physical hurting and Merc Treads are a solid choice to avoid ganking or your targets getting away before you've put enough points in E. Never take the speed 3 boots, you'll have enough speed later from Bloodscent to overtake wearers of them anyways. After you have a Phage and Bloodrazor, you can build a Frozen Malus if you want more HP and slow, or go with Wit's End to balance your defenses better and add more damage on your R. After you have Phage, Bloodrazor, and Wit's End, Malady is my next choice, as the attack speed plus Bloodrazor's gives you amazing DPS and it adds even more hurting to your R plus more lifeleech to never lose a 1-on-1.

Your skill progression is:
1 - Q: this is your prime damage-dealer and lets you stay in lane longer
2 - W: having a point of this is great for pushing down turrets or duking it out.
3 - E: having a point in this is great for making sure no one can escape your gank
4 - Q
5 - Q More points in this to get that % up to something lethal ASAP
6 - R: You should be ready to pretty solidly gank whenever this is up at this point. Whenever you see your R off of cooldown, coordinate with your lanemate and pull a gank on one of your enemies. Start by taking a chunk off of them with Q, hopefully pushing them back from you towards your mate. Then hit them with R, and have your mate take potshots while they're stunned. Chase if they survive this and take another Q out of them for hopefully the kill.
7 - Q
8 - E
9 - Q (max)
10 - E
11 - R
12 - E
13 - E (Max)
14 - W
15 - W
16 - R (Max)
17 - W
18 - W

Zeusinslc

11-11-2009

To add to all this you can tell that warwick is best in the jungle, he can lane alright but he shines if he jungles.

sometimes youll run into people who get all upset because your not in a lane but they just dont have a concept of how nice jungling is for the team.

The gank from the jungle, the one they never see comin.....