Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

i bet it feels good..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lickstoes

07-28-2012

queing as a lowbie as a 5 man and then calling people noobs while rofl stomping them. This is why people are quiting LoL. Terrible ******s that ruin the game cause they cant cut it at max level.

such a waste of time.

sadly anyone can make a lowbie, so there is really no way to discourage it. Too bad they dont have people monitor low level games and then suspend or ban them after the matches.

/sigh

DG Denz Brujah

07-28-2012

1. it's called smurfing
2. While I agree Smurfing against n00bs is akin to baby seal clubbing
Not all folks do it to ROFLStomp n00bs so the can feel good about their ep33ns
Once you reach the Upper ELO's queue times can be hours long
3. While I'm sure it does happen the frequency of a complete n00b playing Dominion over SR is very low

SuperQuackDuck

07-29-2012

dont worry. i get queued with lowbies all the time and they roflstomp me even when they're on my team.

Redjik

07-29-2012

Honest issue you bring up here. What's not honest is the insinuation that they are losing a ton of players over this. They gained several while you typed your post.

Catnium

07-29-2012

but powpowpowning nubbies with premades is the only sure and EAZY way to get over 1400 elo

dint you know?

i mean how else you think all those high elo people get smurfs at high elo to? they say they carry but really they dont they just make premades

join the club and do it your self to because Riot isn't going to do anything about this because they simply cant

HaIfhearted

07-29-2012

Hmm, I got *my* smurf to about 1600ish elo in a couple days just spamming POOTERSS Zilean and AP Yi bot in solo q.

Of course, I try to be polite during and after my games, and will only break this if someone on the enemy team is blatantly trash-talking, at which point I will start taunting them in /all ^_^

Talith PA

07-29-2012

Premades are actually the slowest way possible to raise your ELO. It is so much easier and faster to raise by going into queue solo and just carrying hard.

BeefJerkyHunter

07-29-2012

My "smurf" (why the hell is it called that?) is like summoner level 13.
Haven't touched it since like the end of open beta when that "Operation minnows to sharks" campaign was happening.

SuperQuackDuck

07-29-2012

Quote:
Talith PA:
Premades are actually the slowest way possible to raise your ELO. It is so much easier and faster to raise by going into queue solo and just carrying hard.

Not sure about that. I think your point is valid only when you reach 1700+ish (guestimating) where people know what they're doing. Then you can carry until you end up where you end up. To get to 1700 (or whichever elo where people arent bad/trolling/afk/leaving) your safest bet is still to premake.

I was somewhere around 2k elo last october-ish and I mostly play solo queue draft dominion. For an entire 3 weeks was matched with only leavers/afkers. Went down to 1400 so quickly.

NamKim

07-29-2012

I have a smurf. But what I do is I just play the game to win. I do not intentionally try to kill everyone ten times before I try to end the game. How I see it, I want to level up my smurf as quickly as I can.

Plus, the only reason why I have a "smurf" is because I made the account back when my computer couldn't handle the game so I had to stop playing. When I got a laptop, I was able to play League of Legends. I figured at that point that I would just make a new account. I found my old account and found that I have some free RP from Riot on that account. Which is why I want to level it up and get the greatest and most manly skin in League of Legends...Pink Taric! Because a Pink Taric cheers everyone in any game.