Which AD carry would Help Best to learn the role?

Ashe 142 31.63%
Caitlyn 41 9.13%
Corki 20 4.45%
Draven 16 3.56%
Ezreal 36 8.02%
Graves 66 14.70%
Kog' maw 19 4.23%
Miss Fortune 13 2.90%
Sivir 11 2.45%
Tristana 25 5.57%
Urgot 4 0.89%
Varus 17 3.79%
Vayne 39 8.69%
Voters: 449. You may not vote on this poll

Who is the best AD carry to learn the role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

07-31-2012

I would say for someone that is trying to learn the role I would say Caitlin, Graves, or Ashe. People talk about how Ashe isn't as strong a carry as some of the adcs, but I feel that Ashe's utility and dat ult make up for her not carrying as hard as other carries. Also, if you aren't getting kills as Ashe, it's not devastating because you slip into more of a support role. Caitlin I would say because of her inborn Infinity Edge (every 7th attack does 150% damage), her escapes, and her traps are OP. If you play Caitlin and lane with a good Taric there is a pretty cheap trick you can use that can almost guarantee an early kill. Have your Taric stun at max range. As soon as his stun procs drop a trap right on top of them. Shoot the hell out of them. Graves is nice because he is a very aggressive ad carry and he naturally carries whether he has a good support or not.(Unlike Vayne, who if she doesn't have a good support she's pretty much worthless) He passive is awesome, I try to keep it at 10 stacks at all time, because it negates a lot of the enemies early game damage, especially if you have seals of armor. Graves also hits like a truck throughout the entire game and the range on his q is deceivingly longer than it looks. I hope that helps.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Ashe

Blaine Tog

07-31-2012

I would say Ashe, Graves, or Caitlyn.

Ashe is the go-to "starter AD." Her kit is strong, her utility is amazing, but her playstyle is essentially simple: get into position, toggle on Q, right click whomever you want to die. Positioning is everything for AD carries, no matter who they are. They are all squishy, so it's vital to know where you need to be to deal damage without being subject to taking damage. The sooner you can learn good positioning, the sooner you can start carrying in earnest. Since Ashe doesn't have a re-positioner skill, playing her will force you to think ahead, and you can use her E to help get the lay of the land before the fight breaks out. Pretty soon, you'll be able to anticipate the enemy's position even without using E, but being able to cheat a little will help you get there faster. And of course, even if you're not in position you can still use your ult to help your team, so you'll still be a valuable asset even when you're learning.

Ashe also doesn't have any steroid to speak of, so she relies solely on her items for damage. This will teach you the exact power of an AD build.

Carries are pretty weak early game but Graves makes up for that by playing more like an AD caster for the first 15 minutes. His abilities are pretty straightforward to use and his passive and E help compensate for positioning mistakes.

Caitlyn also has an easy early game and her passive makes last hitting and harassment easier. Playing her will help you learn what a good laning phase should look like, how to get those minion kills, how to harass, how to stay safe from ganks, etc. Her E is also a spectacular escape skill so you probably won't die very much.

Ømicron

07-31-2012

I think Graves or Corki would be the best to start with. They both do great burst damage, have escape skills (Graves' dash isn't nearly as good but he also has his smokescreen), and are generally easy to use. Corki's ult could be considered difficult to use, but I'm assuming you have played this game long enough to know how to use skillshots.

Ozymil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

A lot of people are suggesting champs like Graves and Corki, and while they are very strong choices, I would advise against them if you're trying to learn the role of an AD carry. Ashe has my vote because you learn the essentials from her, that being positioning, choosing the right target, and sustaining your damage.

That's not to say that the other champs don't have that, but with champs like Graves, Tristana, and Corki, their kit have escapes which, when learning AD carry, act as more of a crutch to the player. You should not be having to rely on an escape if you're doing well as a carry. A lot of other carries have their own little nuances that make them optimal in certain situations (Graves and Tristana with their steroids, Ezreal and Corki with their mobility and range) but you should focus on strengthening the core mechanics behind playing a carry before trying to jump into other champs and learning their specific kits.

Try and focus more on the AD carry role in general before trimming it down to two or three specific champs that suit your play-style.

TerminatorGG97

07-31-2012

Graves just make sure you have a soraka as support or someone with good sustain

Resaclan

07-31-2012

Play the highest skill ad carry. I'd say ezreal, vayne or corki. Aa you already play ad carry, someone like ashe won't help you increase your overall skill as much. By playing harder champions you can easily grasp the easier to play ones and have a better ad carry overall

Vandal Six

07-31-2012

Ashe is typical since she's the first solid AD carry you can get. Graves is probably one of the strongest.

Funnest in my opinion would be Ezreal

Krshna

07-31-2012

This poll is wrong, you are being trolled. Ashe is not good to learn with she is one of the hardest to learn with. You need to know how to position, how to kite, you need to have map awareness, and you need to be able to land a good Arrow.

Any AD with an escape will be better to learn on than any that does not have one.

Graves
Corki
Ezreal
Tristana
Caitlyn

these champs are good to learn on

izzykitty

07-31-2012

i only recently started Ading from support and I feel as if graves and mf are really good ads. Graves just has that burst and mf is really good with her heal reduction and passive. I am always scared playing mf because she has no escapes besides her slow and her passive but once you are hit in combat your passive goes away. :c