Champion Rotation Schedule Announced!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xShogun

11-09-2009

Soooo... which heroes are the ones that don't require any unlocking?

zerfman

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShogun View Post
Soooo... which heroes are the ones that don't require any unlocking?
They all require unlocking. except the ones in the rotation.....(thats the point) but even those will require eventual unlocking......

BuckBanzai

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
TBD Melee DPS = Blind Monk?
TBD Tank = Poppy?

:3

Also, about the tiers - would they be similar to what they were in the first release of the shop?

Heroic
Annie
Ashe
Kayle
Master Yi
Nunu
Ryze
Sivir
Soraka

Epic
Alistar
Amumu
Cho'Gath
Dr. Mundo
Evelynn
Fiddlesticks
Janna
Jax
Malphite
Morgana
Nasus
Shaco
Singed
Sion
Taric
Teemo
Tristana
Tryndramere
Twisted Fate
Veigar
Warwick
Zilean

Legendary
Twitch
Anivia
Blitzcrank
Corki
Gangplank
Heimerdiner
Karthus
Kassadin
Katarina
Rammus
That DOES work for the stats given.
Also, the numbers themselves don't add up since the number of heroes per week (10) doesn't match the heroic/epic/legendary totals (9 in weeks 2, 3, and 4) which I attribute to the TBD chars.

Bianary

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsticker View Post
The one thing that jumps out at me though is how important it will be to buy one of the actual tanks for week 1. AP Sion and Fighter Blitz are much more effective then their tanking counterpoints. Its a huge advantage if you know the other team most likely wont have a Malphite, Amumu, Singe, Alistar or Rammus on their team, and you do.
It seems like they need more initiators to be added to the game all around, really. Many of those tanks often fill the role not by being unkillable but by being very strong at initiating (Amumu and Malphite in particular can do that)

Mylar

11-09-2009

To everyone *****ing about the cryOPheonix not being on the list... buy her with IP.

Seriously, damn, whats with the whining, what are you doing with your IP right now... thats right, nothing. I only get to play a game or two a night and I've got over 8k saved up. I'm sure there are people with more time to game that are 50k+

So, they even gave you the first moth of rotation, that way you dont buy gangplank the first day the store is open, then whine because everyone gets him during week2.

They gave you info about what champs are getting rotated in when.
They gave you time to save up to buy some champs right off the bat.
What the **** is left to whine about?

Differing champion prices? It's to encourage new players to use champions that are easier to play while learning the game. Yuo want someone who have never touched the genre playing anivia? you have any idea how messy that is? I do. Back in the fileplanet preview weekend I played my first game, I had not touched DOTA or HON at that point... first character I chose... Anivia.

I lost the game for my team, got flamed left and right, and damn near uninstalled right then and there.

Then I moved onto scion and had a grand time with a very straightforward run in and smash type of character till I learned the basics.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

IDK how hard it would be, but I figure maybe it would be cool if people could select a champion not in the rotation maybe one time per rotation or something?

Slanzinger

11-09-2009

My understanding of the situation was that all the champions were going to be put into the rotation.
Problem otherwise is that people have no way of trying the champion out before they buy - this rather sucks on niche champions which look good but which people may not actually enjoy playing - not to mention new champions (people will have to buy all the new content just to even try it out?)
IMO, you should alter the rotation such that every champion is on there at least once in the cycle. Seems kinda nonsensical to have the same person appearing twice in it too (happens for a few champs, what gives with that?)

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanzinger View Post
My understanding of the situation was that all the champions were going to be put into the rotation.
Problem otherwise is that people have no way of trying the champion out before they buy - this rather sucks on niche champions which look good but which people may not actually enjoy playing - not to mention new champions (people will have to buy all the new content just to even try it out?)
IMO, you should alter the rotation such that every champion is on there at least once in the cycle. Seems kinda nonsensical to have the same person appearing twice in it too (happens for a few champs, what gives with that?)
Yeah this is why I suggested what I did. If we can pick ANY champ for 1 game a rotation or something, that would give us a little leeway.

ketchup

11-09-2009

Morgana will definitely be under Legendary category. Look at tables and guess randomly FTW!

Trade

11-09-2009

So, it seems like 80% of the posts in here are *****ing because a certain champion is more expensive or a certain champion isn't in the rotation. My understanding, however, is that none of them are very expensive and in the long run you'll spend WAY more points on tier 3 rune sets and skins than you will unlocking your favorite champion or three. Everyone who's been playing enough to have a favorite should have enough IP by now to unlock them, and then it's not a concern. If you think your 'main' getting nerfed (i.e. balanced) is some kind of affront to your hard work and/or money spent, then maybe you shouldn't have to rely on a champion being overpowered to win. Personally most of these complaints seem unfounded and even downright ungrateful, especially for people who haven't paid and don't plan to pay a cent for the game.