Champion Rotation Schedule Announced!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GordonS1014

11-09-2009

Like everyone else my questions include:

- Will the Nov 17th date for the store release (as seen in the pvp.net UI) still stand?

- Will any runes be automatically enabled, or only the four listed for CE

- I think Blitz and Kayle are stronger Support/Disabler and Support/DPS respectively

I love what has come together since the end of beta, keep up the good work!

Falcon Punch

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDisorder View Post
Ashe is surely not legendary... they're not putting a legendary character as the character you play in the tutorial.
Jax is not Legendary either, he's a fairly simple beatstick.
Ok, but look at the list, you break it down and you have a few people who are dismissed out of hand due to over lap, or being in week 4. Fiddle, Taric, Kayle, Sion. Then you have the people who should be dismissed due to them more than likely not being legendary. Zilean, Annie, Heimerdinger, Alistar. That leaves you with a list of people. Jax, Ashe, Corki, Ryze, Blitzcrank, Katarina, Gangplank, Singed, Teemo, Morgana, Twitch, Tristiana, Yi.

In weeks 1-2, there are 3 Legendary, and in week 3 there is 1. Now in my time playing, I would classify legendary as people who I would call game changers. Corki, Ryze, Singed, Morgana, Tristiana. are my list of people who are not game changers to me. they all have niche roles, but I dont think they are game changers.

Jax, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Katarina, Gangplank, Teemo, Twitch. Are who you can narrow it down to. Now, I don't think it is Twitch because of the fact that week 3 only has 1, and I am fairly certain it is Yi, W Jax as the dark horse. with week 2, you have Ashe, Katarina, Gangplank, and Teemo in there. however, only 3 are Legendary. I would guess Gangplank is out, leaving Teemo, Ashe and Kat.

Mind you, this is calculated by my own experience, which isn't anything to hang your hat on, but by elimination, can be fairly certain that I was close.

ZGBudai

11-09-2009

I'm really against the whole different pricing for different champions. It tricks newbies into thinking that they should save up for more expensive champions because they are 'better'

Not only that but those who have already developed 'favorite' champions have to wait longer to get the legendary champions, which I find stupid.

Just average all the prices, RIOT will still be making the same amount of money.

Falcon Punch

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonS1014 View Post
Like everyone else my questions include:

- Will the Nov 17th date for the store release (as seen in the pvp.net UI) still stand?

- If I had preordered collectors edition are there champions we will not have enabled automatically? Legendary ones?

- I think Blitz and Kayle are stronger Support/Disabler and Support/DPS respectively, though I understand lots of champs have different builds my experience says they are weaker as tank. Unless you solo mid but Ashe takes care of that. ^_^

I love what has come together since the end of beta, keep up the good work!
  • Alistar
  • Amumu
  • Annie
  • Cho'gath
  • Evelynn
  • FiddleSticks
  • Janna
  • Kayle
  • Malphite
  • Morgana
  • Nasus
  • Rammus
  • Ryze
  • Sivir
  • Teemo
  • Tristana
  • Tryndamere
  • Veigar
  • Warwick
  • Zilean
That is the collectors pack list of people. You will get these champions, as well as the ones in the week 1 rotation that are not in the list. Jax, Ashe, Corki, Taric, Heimerdinger, Yi, Sion, Blitz. So one of the above champions, in the collectors pack is the TBA champions.

The Swedish Chef

11-09-2009

I'm also super unhappy Anivia is nowhere on there, and I'm not sure it's a good thing or bad thing that Anivia would be considered a Legendary type champ. I want my bird on release.

PerfectionLost

11-09-2009

I have to agree, even prices makes more sense. I say this with out knowing which heros are "cheap" or "expensive". The fact that some are valued over others indicates there is no balancing between heros.

What if I buy an "expensive" hero who gets nerfed? That will make me feel pretty sore I can tell you.

On the flipside, if you are going to rank them, I'd say "hard" heros to play should be cheaper. It would suck to be a newb, or transient player who saves up to buy a hard hero, and then discover you lack the skill to play them.

Meandor

11-09-2009

My questions are as follows:
Once you've "bought" the champions with RP or IP, are they unlocked forever? Or do they reset with every season?

Also, if the champ unlocks are permanent, what would you purchase with IP... just more runes and skins?

Just my musings on the subject, though I look forward to Season 1 starting soon! =)

2xHero

11-09-2009

TBD Melee DPS = Blind Monk?
TBD Tank = Poppy?

:3

Also, about the tiers - would they be similar to what they were in the first release of the shop?

Heroic
Annie
Ashe
Kayle
Master Yi
Nunu
Ryze
Sivir
Soraka

Epic
Alistar
Amumu
Cho'Gath
Dr. Mundo
Evelynn
Fiddlesticks
Janna
Jax
Malphite
Morgana
Nasus
Shaco
Singed
Sion
Taric
Teemo
Tristana
Tryndramere
Twisted Fate
Veigar
Warwick
Zilean

Legendary
Twitch
Anivia
Blitzcrank
Corki
Gangplank
Heimerdiner
Karthus
Kassadin
Katarina
Rammus

Yomindi

11-09-2009

Can Riot please announce prices of heroes? So that I know that I should start hoarding points. (Preferably both prices, influence and riot points)

Arete

11-09-2009

I really dislike the idea of champions costing more than others..?

I mean you're really throwing certain players under the bus because they like one champion more than another :/

It all depends on how much they cost though.