Champion Rotation Schedule Announced!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vixen Fox

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Q: How much do these overlap with the Collector's Pack? How much will these champions cost?
We can't announce the final pricing yet, but I can show you whether the champion will be priced as Heroic, Epic, or Legendary (with Heroic champions costing the fewest Influence Points or Riot Points to unlock).

Q: Why do different champions need different amounts of Influence Points to unlock?
We felt that some champions that were straightforward to play should be able to be unlocked early (we called them Heroic). There were also some champions that we felt were especially fun to play or required a lot of skill to use which require more Riot Points or Influence Points to unlock (these are Legendary champions).

Please release a list of champions in each of the 3 tiers.

Bananers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2009

no amumu D:

Tarion

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPARTO View Post
This is probably a really retarded question, but I just wanted to make sure. So if we bought the game, does any of this matter to me or will I get to pick whichever champion I want?
You will have 20 Champions unlocked that will cross-over to some extent with the free champions (So, wk1 you will have 28 champions to choose from, plus whoever you want to unlock with IP and you can buy others with Riot Points.)

TotalDisorder

Recruiter

11-09-2009

I agree with the others.. prices! how many Influence points to unlock heroic/epic/legendary characters?

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

So Janna is unlocked only. Somehow I'm happy, since that means I will probably never have to compete with anyone else to play her, ever.
Bad thing is, she's so damn hard to play she'll probably be in Legendary level.

Seems like the champs I like are all going to cost a lot because they are gimmicky and are support type. Oh well..

Falcon Punch

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
I'm trying really hard to understand how this works and how it relates to the Collector's Edition but I'm failing miserably. So after the 4 weeks, what happens then? Does this rotation go on forever? Which champions are available for everyone after the 4 weeks?
What this means is that there will be some over lap. For instance, in the 1st week, there are 2 people that are in the 20 that are released in the collectors pack that everyone will get to use.for the collectors, we get the additional 8. In week 2, there are 4, so we get the additional 8, etc. After the 4 weeks, they will continue to rotate the champions for everyone, they are just giving us a preview. They anticipate that after the 4 weeks people will have a feel for who they want and will purchase them from the store.

Falcon Punch

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen Fox View Post
Please release a list of champions in each of the 3 tiers.
From breaking the list down, I can tell you that the Legendary heros are more than likely, Blitz, Ashe, Jax/Yi (this one could go either way due to week 3) and either Kat/Teemo based on my experience w the game so far.

haDro

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post

Q: When is week one?
At the moment we’re measuring reactions to the launch celebration and working on making a great store. Week one will be the first week with the store, and our aim is to announce the launch of the store soon.
That's sad.
It kinda feels like I'm playing AoC again, Funcom always delayed the PvP system and you're doing the same with the store.

I guess everyone agrees when I say we need a working store, not a great store. You can improve it later on but atleast implement it already.

TotalDisorder

Recruiter

11-09-2009

Ashe is surely not legendary... they're not putting a legendary character as the character you play in the tutorial.
Jax is not Legendary either, he's a fairly simple beatstick.

anata ga mori

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridic View Post
Leaving out Anivia is a crime
Yeah. This basically punishes those who spent the time to learn Anivia (who is supposed to be very hard to learn) by making them spend more points. Not cool, given that they just balanced her with a nerf.

It would be like a government saying, "Hey, I know you get paid the same as the other guy, but you put in 55 hours a week and he puts in 40, so I want you to pay more in taxes."

If they're evenly balanced, why don't they cost the same?