Champion Rotation Schedule Announced!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sephofdeath

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holistics View Post
Can we get a little info on the pricing for the heros and runes?
I'm sure the developers won't make it insanely expensive to unlock any of the higher tier champions or runes. They do do know the range and average IP and Riot Points that all summoners have so they won't price them (too) out of reach, especially for those who have been playing for awhile and have accrued a trove of IP and for those who are just starting after the store is open (who shouldn't be able to unlock some of the more difficult (expensive) champs anyways cuz they are new to the game but could use the rotations to gain LoL experience).

With that being said, don't fret because you will be able to unlock who you want if you have been playing, you know who you are good with which means that you've had time to grow that pot of IP that you've been sitting on. The developers know what they are doing. Trust them.

cazoofoo

11-10-2009

mehehehe i bet the week four tbd tank will be spider queen

Exolia

11-10-2009

Im sorry, but Im a simple person. I would like to go out to the store and just buy your game. If that means it cost $60.00 or $80.00 then ok fine. However, the idea of only having certain heros to pick under certain weeks I dont like. Part of the fun of the game is seeing how people make different matchups work. All Tanks vs All Tanks. or gankers vs ranged etc etc. With the weekly rotation, people who dont buy things with points are just going to see a very limited selection of heros each week. I imagine that some weeks people wont even play because there isnt a hero they like playing available. Part of the draw to the game is fast queue times as well. with less people available to queue and no ability to play while waiting in queue I really hope that wont dull the game.

Final thought:

I guess I could easily see this game as becoming as successful as starcraft, but with the gimic of limiting playablity on a weekly schedule (assuming this is being done for monitary reasons) or the availability of heros because of pay per play schemes, the game just wont last for me I can tell you that much.

If this is a money thing, please reconsider to a different model: Sell the runes or sell expansion packs of heros (booster pack), but please allow a reasonable way for someone to pickup all of the heroes from day 1.

ps.

A single player option that does not require the servers to be online and a peer to peer system would be nice also.

Thank you

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-10-2009
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Riot is not going to do that, sorry.

However, you can buy the collector's edition for $30 and get 20 heroes plus $10 Riot points. That'll buy you a couple more heroes if you prefer.

You probably have a ton of IP built up from playing so much Teemo. You can unlock several more champs through that.

How many champions do you play? I'm pretty sure that's pretty much every champ you'd want, and of course you can keep playing for another couple weeks to totally round out your champion selection.

n3rdychick

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolia View Post
Im sorry, but Im a simple person. I would like to go out to the store and just buy your game. If that means it cost $60.00 or $80.00 then ok fine. ... With the weekly rotation, people who dont buy things with points are just going to see a very limited selection of heros each week. I imagine that some weeks people wont even play because there isnt a hero they like playing available...

Final thought:

I guess I could easily see this game as becoming as successful as starcraft, but with the gimic of limiting playablity on a weekly schedule (assuming this is being done for monitary reasons) or the availability of heros because of pay per play schemes, the game just wont last for me I can tell you that much.

If this is a money thing, please reconsider to a different model: Sell the runes or sell expansion packs of heros (booster pack), but please allow a reasonable way for someone to pickup all of the heroes from day 1.
Guys, seriously, the whole point is that the game is free. You can unlock champions without paying a dime. Just play the game now and gather IP and buy champions you play most often. For people that just started playing, the rotation gives a good variety of champions to get used to the game and try different play styles. Again, how many champions will you really need?

This isn't Pokemon, guys. The goal is not to have all the champions just to say you have them.

BloodGod22

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazoofoo View Post
mehehehe i bet the week four tbd tank will be spider queen
What if shes not a tank?
I think its either Plant King or Iron Ambasador.

ColdBlooded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdychick View Post
This isn't Pokemon, guys. The goal is not to have all the champions just to say you have them.
haha. Seriously, get your kicks in now before nov 17th so you know who you want to unlock.

LameLikeMike

Adjudicator

11-10-2009

Everyone whining about the prices should think of it this way.

all the characters cost the legendary price. luckily their is a discount on the easier to play characters.

Yugthrad

11-10-2009

Well if the pricing stays the same the legendary characters staying around 10k IP will make for that IP boost a big worthwhile to unlock the legendary they want come store being open. Hopefully runes aren't in the 5k+ region, or riot points get a nice over value from IP making it worth while to actually go out and spend money on riot points.

Mylar

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdychick View Post
This isn't Pokemon, guys.

Thats going to be my Sig if these boards ever start getting real traffic and I bother to set one.