So when are you going to nerf Kass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

07-29-2012

I'm not, I phrased it in a very particular way.

I said we lose hope of attracting SR players. And we do try to attract players to Dominion, rather than "LoL". Sure, some players would prefer Dominion to SR, but it's not a favourable situation to go into, in terms of mental imprint.

BTW, about SR players, it helps to remember a LOT of LoL players are like... 14-16 year old, so the partisanship is hardly surprising.

konfetarius

07-29-2012

Quote:
40 damage per Riftwalk stack is incredibly significant to the manatank build. The AP ratio buffs force a build-damage-to-do-damage tradeoff that leaves Kassadin viable as an assassin without being unkillable.
You haven't played much Kassadin, did you? "Mana-tank" part of the manatank build ends after you get Catalyst-Tear-Glacial. After that you almost always get damage. If they don't have any magic damage to mitigate with Odyn's Veil, you can start even earlier by rushing Rod of Ages.

This nerf was no where near incredibly significant. Kassadin still, in fact, stacks up Riftwalk and does obscene damage that wins the fight either because he is allowed to do it or because the enemy team takes forever to finish him off. The tank build also enjoys the advantage of being able to actually rely on W + Void Stone for damage; as well as significantly easier usage of Force Pulse (live longer so more casts, can position better due to less fragility).

And, honestly? Even if we do somehow fix manatank, it's still Kassadin. Ability to jump over every wall contributes an unreal amount of power to the hero regardless of the build.

MajorUrsa

01-10-2013

Nerf, disable, delete Kassadin. Fix this issue.