So when are you going to nerf Kass?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-28-2012

He's stupidly overpowered in dominion. And it's not enough that he's really good, no, he's really good AND he's completely idiot proof. I've seen attack speed kass, lichbane kass, AD kass, Tank kass.

I've never, ever, EVER seen a kass go negative. Ever. their build is utterly irrelevant. MASSIVE aoe slow, single target silence with great duration, and a flash every two seconds. You can't fail as him, it's impossible.

Please fix him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-28-2012

They just did.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperQuackDuck

Senior Member

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
He's stupidly overpowered in dominion. And it's not enough that he's really good, no, he's really good AND he's completely idiot proof. I've seen attack speed kass, lichbane kass, AD kass, Tank kass.

I've never, ever, EVER seen a kass go negative. Ever. their build is utterly irrelevant. MASSIVE aoe slow, single target silence with great duration, and a flash every two seconds. You can't fail as him, it's impossible.

Please fix him.
wut? just ban him... and if you dont play draft, you should.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

07-28-2012

Quote:
They just did.
A loving, gentle smack on the buttocks does not constitute a nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

Senior Member

07-28-2012

Well they can't nerf him to the point where it's noticeable in Summoner's Rift.
We're pretty much at the mercy of that game mode.
What would be really nice is if there were split stats for all champions for Summoner's Rift and Dominion. That way any changes to one won't affect the other.

Guild Wars did this. They made splits of abilities: the regular version and the PvP version. Also for those who don't know, Guild Wars is a PvP centric game so the possibility of making this work in LoL is probably pretty fair. Though it will probably constitute more work at the start, as time goes on it shouldn't be an issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
A loving, gentle smack on the buttocks does not constitute a nerf.
This is faulty logic.

It may have not been enough (it wasn't), but it's still a nerf.

And I've seen Kassadins go negative. Especially AD/AS Kassadins. Especially that AD Kassadin who had Sheen and Frozen Mallet when we had 4 other ADs on the team, and were sure he'd go AP, and the enemy team's Rammus and Mundo stacked endless armour.

People who suggest different stats for Dominion and SR are really giving up on making Dominion more mainstream for SR players, and hope they can recruit new players from outside the LoL's community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
Well they can't nerf him to the point where it's noticeable in Summoner's Rift.
We're pretty much at the mercy of that game mode.
What would be really nice is if there were split stats for all champions for Summoner's Rift and Dominion. That way any changes to one won't affect the other.

Guild Wars did this. They made splits of abilities: the regular version and the PvP version. Also for those who don't know, Guild Wars is a PvP centric game so the possibility of making this work in LoL is probably pretty fair. Though it will probably constitute more work at the start, as time goes on it shouldn't be an issue.
bad idea, but suggested often. Nome even posted that they won't do this if you are interested in looking it up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
A loving, gentle smack on the buttocks does not constitute a nerf.
40 damage per Riftwalk stack is incredibly significant to the manatank build. The AP ratio buffs force a build-damage-to-do-damage tradeoff that leaves Kassadin viable as an assassin without being unkillable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
Well they can't nerf him to the point where it's noticeable in Summoner's Rift.
We're pretty much at the mercy of that game mode.
What would be really nice is if there were split stats for all champions for Summoner's Rift and Dominion. That way any changes to one won't affect the other.

Guild Wars did this. They made splits of abilities: the regular version and the PvP version. Also for those who don't know, Guild Wars is a PvP centric game so the possibility of making this work in LoL is probably pretty fair. Though it will probably constitute more work at the start, as time goes on it shouldn't be an issue.
i think what nome said about that that it would be bad for the game mode, imagine you play X champion that' you enjoy way too much in Sr, then go to play dominion and something on your champion isn't right, it doesn't have the same feeling becasue it technically is a different champion, since Dominion is not popular enough already it would scare way more summonners from playing it because they "couldn't even play my own champion in the mode, instead i have to play a lousy or half-made olaf" just to give an example

and yes i find olaf to be pretty Op on sr -_-.

the thing with guild wars is that they said and specified it from the start that as one of the features of the games, and this wouldn't work with the Dotalike community because most of them are way too purists and close minded (i have some friends that are so stuck witht he dota mentality that even if invite them to an Aram or a 3v3 they decline and send me an invitation to Summonners rift, then i decline said inivitation or fake i'm afking , and you don't really need or want to know what they say about the other maps that are not sr lets leave it "at 3v3 why would someone do that?!!" to lsay it softly).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

Senior Member

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
People who suggest different stats for Dominion and SR are really giving up on making Dominion more mainstream for SR players, and hope they can recruit new players from outside the LoL's community.
Hello, are you saying that trying to attract new players is a bad thing? I don't support separate stats per game mode, but brand new players are a valid auduence to attract to Dominion. I welcome Classic players who actually want to play Dominion, but I consider them a hard sell. When Classic players are too narrow minded to even learn Dominion, it seems worth seeking people who are capable of playing different genres of games, or who don't have time to play Classic because their real lives are busy.


12