Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wtbcookies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
What information is provided in Tribunal cases for reviewers?
Tribunal case evidence includes report reasons and comments, in-game chat log, per player stats and inventory, date, time, map, and mode for each individual game from which the case is built.

Tribunal cases do not provide Summoner names and other personal information.
Would it be possible to tell in the chat log when a player dies? Sometimes you get some chat that doesn't seem to have any context.

Also, regarding Summoner names, how come they are no longer provided? It used to be recommended that we punish offensive names (I think it still says to do so), but we can't tell anymore. I had a case today where, in the report comment, someone referred to someone else's behaviour as being relevant to their name, so I'm wondering if it was an offensive name, as well.

Skyhawke

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennen And Kel View Post
Not sure why a game designer would have any experience in consumer research and development. Here I was thinking Riot was a professional company. Is the coffee boy also in charge of your laggy servers?
Not sure why Kennen and Kel would be playing video games. Here I was thinking Kennen was a character inside the game (how could he be playing a game if he's in the game?) and Kel was a fictional character in a TV show. Is the coffee boy somehow responsible for your laggy mind?

Beltroniko

08-10-2012

Quote:
We're thinking along the same lines for our Tribunal reviewers but for now, none of those stats are available for our players.

That's lovely.

Edit: oops, just noticed I accidentally downvoted instead of upvoting you :S

Npll02

08-11-2012

What if they should be punished but for a different reason than reported for?

Example - Someone is reported for feeding but they Tried/Didn't but in chat they are verbaly abusing someone.

Punish? Skip?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-11-2012
17 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npll02 View Post
What if they should be punished but for a different reason than reported for?

Example - Someone is reported for feeding but they Tried/Didn't but in chat they are verbaly abusing someone.

Punish? Skip?
Generally, players should punish if they see behaviors that are inappropriate--regardless of what the reported player was reported for.

CommandShockwave

08-11-2012

Quote:
Generally, players should punish if they see behaviors that are inappropriate--regardless of what the reported player was reported for.
Are there any larger updates in store for later on in the future? I don't mean like moving the pardon/punish buttons to the left side of the page, but any sizable changes? I guess I mean, what's the "big project" PB&J is working on, and is it with regards to the tribunal?

I AM GREATER

08-11-2012

Is there any way that we can see how often we get reported? Because I'm curious to see my reported to not reported ratio, mainly because I left a game recently because my brother came back from college halfway through.

14 to 17 Jews

08-12-2012

I just finished a game where we had a nasus that said "Son of a B-itch" a single time in game. He didn't rage at anyone, he didn't point fingers, he didn't even curse anymore than that. Our Sona (CihanS) immediately responds "reported". Sona goes on to say that she reports anyone that says a single curse word, because any sort of cursing is a perma-bannable offense. I of course argue with her that that is ridiculous. There would be no reason to have a language filter if riot truly wanted absolutely no cursing. She replys "read the summoner code noob" and then reports me as well for negative attitude.
Now I'm not worried that I'm going to get banned or anything, thats not why I'm here. I'm here for clarification on that rule and, if I am right, for riot to send this person an e-mail telling them that they are incorrect. Also, if I am right, It would be nice to have a report option for "Wrongful Report" because this Sona has probably reported 50% of the people she has ever played with.

JohnnyOmega

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 to 17 Jews View Post
Also, if I am right, It would be nice to have a report option for "Wrongful Report" because this Sona has probably reported 50% of the people she has ever played with.
Actually, Riot does keep track of who reports when, and has a system in place to reduce the value of a person's reports the more they falsely report. Even this may be upgraded in the future, as the programmers and analysts work to improve the Tribunal.

14 to 17 Jews

08-12-2012

Just to be clear, I understand the the whole "If they are innocent then they will be pardoned" thing. But that's not the point. I just want a straight forward answer. Don't give me a beat around the bush type response.

EDIT: Wanted to edit instead of post again, but Johnny, do you know the answer to the cursing question?