Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illouminous

ARM24

03-10-2013

People have probably posted about this already, but there are too many for someone who does not regularly follow a thread to go over.

With the honor initiate in mind, and assuming there was no foul play in getting the honor (which there is a system setup to prevent/minimize), if one has honor banner(s), does the likelihood of one being banned/punished for a few toxic games diminish?

For instance, I would assume the vast majority of people want to avoid negative confrontations or fix them, but on a bad day, one might get defensive rather than trying to fix it and then ignore the negative player, for everyone has a bad day, and in regards to:

Quote:
Does playing more games mean I have more chances of being banned?
The Tribunal takes into account how many games you have played. If you have played thousands of games and get reported a dozen times, you will be less likely to enter than the Tribunal than someone who played a hundred games and is reported a hundred times. However, if you are extremely, unbelievably toxic in a small number of games, then the Tribunal does not care if you have played thousands of games.
Is defending oneself via lowering oneself to ones instigators level; considered extremely, unbelievably toxic, or is being extremely, unbelievably toxic more along the lines of being prejudice and attempting to instigate dis-functionality, for my idea of its definition is the latter.

I will be honest, I have been banned in the past, although it has been more-so for "intentionally feeding" for I would be playing a champion in a normal (that I looked over how to play in custom to get a feel for the champ, for that is more than often enough to meet my needs), and I would be counter-picked blindly, and I get shutdown so hard I end up around the lines of 0 10 (something low for assists here). More than often the death count is due to ganks from other lanes and jungle… so the opponent is coordinated, my map awareness is flimsy, my team doesn’t call it, and I end up unintentionally feeding… such as being 3 man ganked or dived under tower… this has lead me to not trust any random and not play new to me champions around anyone but five man teams of friends, for people fail to see the person on the other side of the screen… although the funny part of this all is, I always told my team I am learning how to play (insert champion name here), and as luck would have it, everything went wrong and they refused to be understanding… and some part of me just wants to laugh at the situation, if not for anything else but the irony. Most of the cases were “intentional feeding” a few were negative in which some of my teammates were being so, so I empathized with them, and they get nasty, and rather than ignore them instantly, it becomes a mess, whereas the tribunal now has taught me to say, you have one chance to stop doing so/apologize or your ignored… I give them two… and then say I warned you, and ignore them on three. I do this for I don’t want to be reported for refusing to communicate, for I feel that chat logs with that setup would show I tried to keep communication open.

From “intentional feeding” I guess it would be nice if LOL saved the gameplay video or showed champion statistics of overall gameplay as well as number of games played, past banning’s and for what, etc. when it comes to stuff like intentionally feeding… Maybe put the game matches up on a link to only YouTube link?

Quote:
[NEW] Can I be banned for playing an unpopular champion?
No, the Tribunal does not ban players for playing unpopular champions. You should feel empowered to play any champion you like, any way you like as long as you’re creating a positive experience for everyone in the game.
I am taking away from this that we can play any champion that we want:

Does this mean that if we (have a chance of) doing bad, since more often than not doing bad amongst strangers is a negative experience for some if not all of one’s team (for most are about winning rather than Gracious Professionalism), then we deserve to get banned?

On another (nitpicky due to technical language) note I would say creating a neutral to positive (aka "not negative") rather than just positive experience, because more often that I would like to see, teammates do not communicate at all (or near so), some go an entire game without typing a single character... and it is hard to tell if they are refusing to communicate or if they do not comprehend English… their actions in regards to everyone else’s text being the biggest indicator.

All boxed quotes in this post are in referance to the very first post in this thread, thus they are all by Lyte.

Dreadstone

03-11-2013

Hey I don't know where to go for an appeal so to say so I'm just using this. I've been gone for the past 2 years and just got back from a LDS mission in which were not allowed to play games or tv etc. however my brother got my account banned while I was to to gone because we use the same IP address so is there anyway I can get my account unbanned. Now he deserves to have his banned.

Blopski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Ummmm.... I'm level 30 but it says I don't meet the level requirements. Does it hate me? And Im not being punished.

Vhynx

03-19-2013

how can i avoid the leaver buster??

the reason i leaved is because of the power was shutted down, or the place im playing LoL is going to be closed.

i dont want my id to be banned, so anyone can help me?
please.

Riverstyx201

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhynx View Post
how can i avoid the leaver buster??

the reason i leaved is because of the power was shutted down, or the place im playing LoL is going to be closed.

i dont want my id to be banned, so anyone can help me?
please.
Leaverbuster only punishes for repeated offenses. One power outage isn't going to do it, don't worry.

But if you want to avoid Leaverbuster for sure, make absolutely sure that you have at least 45 minutes-1 hour to play before you even queue up. That's what I do; with my schedule it keeps me from playing as often as I'd like, but at least I can play.

Lachrimos

03-19-2013

Case #6293779 and Case #6263305 in light of this could you plz permanently lock my chat or completely turn off the function on my account i've tried to cool down on the language but as u can see it has not been very successful and i would rather prefer to not be able to talk or not be able to be heard by my teammates/enemies because i do not believe i can stop this language but i really do enjoy this game, I've been playing this game since oct 2010 and find it very fun and challenging, but i seriously doubt my ability to "play nice" in the chat and a chat lock would be appreciated thank you for ur time.

Vindelisal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Q: Why did you make the Tribunal?

A: So player can permaban everyone who goes into it.

Ceronous

03-20-2013

I don't quite understand. Do I opt in to the tribunal judge board? How?

Riverstyx201

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceronous View Post
I don't quite understand. Do I opt in to the tribunal judge board? How?
You can start judging cases once you hit level 20. You may need to clear your cookies if you just hit 20 recently; sometimes it doesn't show up right away.