Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riverstyx201

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsMK4 View Post
I also am curious about a particular issue. I am 100% so far on agreeing with the majority since I entered the Tribunal yesterday, but a couple of the 20 cases I tackled today were kind of tricky to make. What do you look for if the reason was "Intentional Feeding"? This is not really something that is obvious unless there is some discussion in the chat logs about it. I personally look first at the number of deaths the reported user got, then usually checking the logs to see if either the allied team or the enemy team talked about such and such champion being easy to kill or feeding. This kind of issue would be easier to judge if we had gameplay footage, but I am not suggesting we have anything like that, just trying to say how, imo, that issue can be difficult to find.

Alas, I was hoping to find cases I could pardon, but if I find any evidence that, to me, makes me believe beyond any reasonable doubt that the person in question did break the Summoner's Code, I have no choice but to choose punish. I hope this won't be the case 100% of the time, but I am to judge based on what logs I can see, though. All I will say is that I will try to judge as fairly as I can.
The easiest way is to check their items and their score. The score part is obvious, but if they don't have any items or are using a troll build (like stacking Rabadons on Garen or something equally stupid), then that's a clear case.

You can also check the chatlog for teammate reactions, and usually that gives you some clue to what's going on.

It'd be nice if they added the killfeed to Tribunal reports though.

Audax

02-19-2013

Quote:
[NEW] Can I be banned for playing an unpopular champion?
No, the Tribunal does not ban players for playing unpopular champions. You should feel empowered to play any champion you like, any way you like as long as you’re creating a positive experience for everyone in the game.
this rule is essentially arguing against itself. if half the players perceive you are "trolling" by playing an unpopular champion then you are creating a negative experience for those players and from what i've seen in tribunal verdicts, people seem to punish based on that.

Riverstyx201

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audax View Post
this rule is essentially arguing against itself. if half the players perceive you are "trolling" by playing an unpopular champion then you are creating a negative experience for those players and from what i've seen in tribunal verdicts, people seem to punish based on that.
It might need to be reworded a bit, but playing an unpopular champion is not intentionally creating a negative experience for everyone else, even if you don't do well. That's the part that matters.

xxxVileThanatosX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

I know this maybe a strange suggestion or may have even been brought up before but I would like think to ask if it would be totally unreasonable for when players review a case in the tribunal that they then have an option after reviewing the case to give an opinion on why they came to this decision.

It seems reasonable to me that in some cases it might be nice for those of the higher up to know why it is a person came to the decision that they did. I know that not everybody takes the Tribunal seriously when they do it but I for one do and know there are plenty of other players out there that do as well and sometimes I'd like to leave a comment or two on why I felt the decision I came to was reasonable and why I believe that player deserved punishment.

I don't particularly think that it is too unreasonable or think too many will spam such a thing comment section with things like "Ban this player for "X" reason" but will hope it to be a more constructive and informative means such as "The reason why I felt this player deserved the punish decision was because of "X" and "Y" and how often they tended to do "X" and how little they failed to adhere to "Y" and think that if this player was informed of "A" or "B" it might help them to better understand why it is that people felt they should be punished."

I of course full understand that the higher up who have to review these cases will not read every little gripe and concern but feel it would be nice addition and something that might benefit the tribunal.

This is just one persons opinions and I would be more than happy to hear everybody elses thought and concern on this matter.

Riverstyx201

02-23-2013

Allowing people to comment on Tribunal cases from within the case would actually be pretty interesting. It might cut down on the more obvious cases being posted here.

It'd have to be anonymous just like the rest of the Tribunal though, otherwise I can see people harassing their judges for voting "punish" on their case.

BahamutxXxZero

Recruiter

02-23-2013

I've been suspended a handful of times, and I've found that the way you respond to trolls ingame doesn't evade the inevitable report. If people are acting toxically ingame, and you swear at them, the language isn't what's ruining the game, yet that's what i've been suspended for over 4 times now. Infact, if you're doing such a good job, how come i've been reported for nothing by an enemy player, with no chat in the game, and been judged punish. Did I mention most of my reports are such?

BahamutxXxZero

Recruiter

02-23-2013

Also may I say that your idea of a troll build should not be in anyway valid to the the report, so what someone builds what you don't want, that's not your choice, I've gone straight BT's and won with over a 20kd. Also, some people are noobs, give them a break.

BahamutxXxZero

Recruiter

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killrazor View Post
No, should be common sense. Also, read the summoner's code, you did agree to it...

Does not have to be the majority. Are they rude, toxic, being a jerk, ruining the game for others? If you answered yes, then punish. Quite simple.

Ask your self this, should a person who commits a crime only be punished if the majority of their crimes are really bad? No, it only takes one crime to do the time. Same with tribunal.
Should that person be committed of 17 cases of the same crime, even thought he only committed one? You can't send someone to jail for more than life if he was accused of many things, but really only stole a hamburger.

Hyrulian Hawk

02-27-2013

so.... I accidentally punished someone I meant to pardon. Is there a way to go back and change my vote? This player definitely didn't deserve punishment and I was like "he is totally innocent" (and then I accidentally clicked the big red button).

plz halp

Psynopsis

03-01-2013

Lyte,

Thanks for taking the time to read our feedback and answer our questions.

I've just started using the Tribunal and doing my best to help the community, but in several of the reports that I've dealt with, there are also some players, but not the reported player, in the report that I think should be flagged for review. For example, if you were able to pull up case #6254650 and look at the first "report", the Zyra in game claims to "work at Riot". There have been other times, too, when the reported player's team is actually just being a huge d-bag to the reported player, but we have no way of flagging that entire person's team for abusive behavior.

Is there a way to work on this or at least flag it for a secondary/lower weight report than if it were reported by the people in game?