Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BioHazey

01-26-2013

tribunal still should reconsidering taking it in its own hands and not the general public to decide weather a person gets a ban or supension. some cases are way to stupid to even punish and majority of the public of players that view cases dont even read them properly. lots of players fasly report others. if league is so vast in the game leagues own staff should take charge, considering lots of people spend there own money playing league and sill cases get them reports and supensions.

zZzpingzZz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-26-2013

Good Read.

Dumahim

01-28-2013

Quote:
Can I be banned for not playing the meta?
Players are not banned by the Tribunal for not playing the meta; they are banned for consistently creating negative experiences for others.
This is a false statement. I have seen players get banned for not building meta items. Yet you ignore their every plea. This is why I stopped paying for this god-awful game.

OnlyPlaysLeona

01-29-2013

Someone said that they reported me for dragging out a game.....I can't get banned for something like that can i? If so do understand that this same person told me the longer the game the more IP...So i just wanted to make sure i dont get banned for something stupid as this.

CounterSnipe

01-29-2013

I'd like to suggest you alter your punishment system. I tried to do research on how a "punishment" can vary, but from what I have read a punishment is a ban that exists for different lengths of time depending on the offense of the person who is punished.

However, I believe that this system is currently lacking in how it judges players in the competitive scene. I would like to request that the tribunal adopt a policy such that a player who is reported in a ranked game be tried in the tribunal as a ranked player. If that player is found to be in need of a punishment he should be disqualified from all ranked games for a period of time, but not from normal games.

The reason I suggest this is due to the fact that people play normal games and ranked games for different reasons, and will act in different manners according to the game type:

A general ranked player is trying to win the game as best that he can and takes it somewhat seriously.

A general normal player is more interested in having fun and having a good game, but doesn't necessarily want to win. Some people just use normal games to practice. (I get people who practice in ranked games... #notcool)

My point here is that there are too many people on the LoL ranked ladder who don't treat it as it should be treated. It's a ranked game, it's a somewhat serious game for some people. Having people who just don't know what they are doing or who intentionally feed because they are out played is not fair to the majority of the true ranked community that wants to have a good and challenging game.

In DOTA, if a player isn't treating the game seriously, he's out. Banned. Gone. Bang. Done. No questions asked. On League of Legends, we have to report people over and over again just to maybe get that one person to obey...

System needs to be not only harder on players, but more focused on the ranked community.

Alazam

01-30-2013

The Tribunal is the dumbest creation in video game history...

i K e 0 0 7

01-31-2013

I fine what lyte said, is inaccurate.
"[NEW] How can I be sure that other players aren’t abusing the system by spamming punish votes?
The Tribunal System has become increasingly and progressively more accurate in determining who is truly voting and who is spamming or farming IP. In the Tribunal, we intentionally have many cases that should be pardoned which forces players to judge each case carefully to maintain a high accuracy."

I get reported by trolls who lock-in my lane when I am already locked in. Also by people who join 20 seconds late and lock-in my spot. These games I get punished by false and under looked reviews.

Others also create a lot of tension during pregame which enters to the actual recorded chat and it makes only me look like the bad guy. In my case reviews, i get punished because of the person locking in. I was forced out of my lane to play adc as a kassadin because that was the only option with others saying we need an adc which nobody else took. This is not very good accuracy. There is also no good way to review a game of why people are frustrated and raging. The only realistic way of getting the factual reviews are to visually review the game from pregame, to end game.

Playing league throughout 2012, I've witnessed more aggression as I play on. Right now this game to me is at it's peak of raging and trolling and I see no improvement, just more reports, and bad reviews.

Spacebuggles

01-31-2013

What is the level displayed next to characters in the tribunal? Is it the player's level or the level that the character reached in that game?

Coldhaert

01-31-2013

i have about freakin had it with this system. i was last banned over christmas. i actually tried and behaved since. one day though, "BAM"...banned. i no longer know what i am doin thats so freakin offensive. so how about this Riot. tell me what the **** i did that was so bad to banned for. maybe then i can fix the problem.

LARK INC

02-03-2013

Wait a minute, you get IP for paticipating in the tribunal? O.o