Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incubes

11-01-2012

Hi im glad Lyte, that you have transformed League of legends to a kindergarten

TheGreatSanta

11-02-2012

Ho ho ho merry christmas! I am santa! Ho ho ho ho! You have been a very naughty little boy!!!!! Santa will crush you!!!!

uR Chibi

11-02-2012

Is the current limit for judging Tribunal cases fixed at 20?

Will there eventually be an option to go back to cases to change the verdict if one hasn't been reached yet?
(This is because I accidently clicked the wrong button right after finishing reading all the chat logs...)

JUN10R36

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy raccoon View Post
I have a question for getting a Tribunal case. Lets say there are 2 persons, first one playing 1 game/day and the other playing 10 games/day. Both players are beeing reported in 5% of their games:

Over a period of 40 days:
Player 1: 2 reports
Player 2: 20 reports

Both players are equally toxic by % - so will neither of these show in Tribunal? Or will both? It only the % of reports important for getting a tribunal case or is the # important as well? Also, what is the time considered to cumulate cases and when is is being resseted? Is is some days or more like some weeks?

I'm like player 2 and I'm scared that my chances of getting a Tribunal case is increased by playing too much cause I naturally get reported more cause I am in way more games in. Since I also already have 2 warning (last one which I still don't agree on http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post30371787) I'm a little bit scared to get a ban soon.
Does playing more games mean I have more chances of being banned?
The Tribunal takes into account how many games you have played. If you have played thousands of games and get reported a dozen times, you will be less likely to enter than the Tribunal than someone who played a hundred games and is reported a hundred times. However, if you are extremely, unbelievably toxic in a small number of games, then the Tribunal does not care if you have played thousands of games.

I think if you get only 1 report for each of the games it probably shouldn't matter, but if you get reported by several players in a few games that will increase your chances greatly. Either way as long as you aren't toxic you shouldn't get that many reports

Pauly Panda

11-04-2012

Do we still get IP for doin Tribunal? o:

JimmyJoeBlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

didn't see this question on a thread nor did i see it on the FAQ, not really a big deal... buuuuuut, has anybody come across a match that they were actually in or is it possible to even review such a case? was just a bit curious about it myself.

Doran Nhika

11-05-2012

This is a horrible FAQ. Everything is vague and only more questions come out of it.

Literal translation : Riot team only knows as much as other players do, we only ban if others agree and have no set way to remove bans or review cases ourselves. The flood of reports overwhelms us and we cannot handle it ourselves. Sorry community you guys are too much of a handful and aren't intelligent enough nor should be capable of determining the fate of other players.

babyriots

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
In general, reviewers should look at the full case and all the details provided to decide: "Is this someone I would enjoy playing with?" I would not worry if the reports do not match up exactly with the toxic behaviors you might see in the game.

I have never been banned, never received a warning, or anything and I don't say that to hold it over people or claim to be a perfect player, just to show I am not biased in this or have anything to gain. This is something I posted in another topic. I just think its not a good system to place toxic players in new accounts with new players... I have my suggestion which is much more community based and I think would work quite well when players are being held accountable to us.

The most pressing thing for me is the fact that very toxic players are being forced to make low level accounts and are the first people new players interact with. Talk about a rough introduction to the league!!! If I had not started playing long before the whole toxicity issue really became a problem, I probably would have either quit because of all the toxic players, or perhaps come to think that is just how the league works and how high level players interact. I personally would not have been toxic since its just not my personality, but I could very well see how new players would think that is an appropriate way to act on the client.

Rather than forcing players to change with the old level 20 challenge, or encouraging them to make new accounts, why not release their account again after the ban with a flagging on it for all summoners they play with and against to see which shows they were banned and the reason why. After the games, add an extra voting option for these players and if they seem reformed or non toxic you can vote to waive the flagging and that they have been reformed (Que members would not be given the vote option to avoid spamming). If they are toxic, you can vote no they need another ban. I think most of the league is mature enough to vote in an unbiased manner, and honestly, if they don't, its not like the toxic players did not deserve the punishment anyways in the first place and it is sadly what comes with bans. And if the player continues to be toxic and he keeps getting voted no to have the flag waived he could receive another ban. This would also allow Riot to keep tabs on these individuals improvements much easier and hand out punishments or reward reform more effectively. Eventually with quicker bans and the help of the community input through the flagged voting system I think the individual would learn and conform to the summoners code.

tsjakkeh

11-07-2012

Can't seem to find this anywhere so...
What do I do with uhm, incorrect reports? By which I mean, what if for example someone gets reported for "verbal abuse", and the reporter added the text "afk all game". Also it's obvious the player reported actually was afk all game (lvl 2 and the rest is >lvl15).
I'm not supposed to punish for this, because players that leave/go afk too much are automatically punished, without the tribunal, right? (or i've just never seen a report for leaving/afk in the tribunal yet)

albinodonkey

11-08-2012

About how much IP average do you get from the tribunal?