Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rigelina

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Generally, players should punish if they see behaviors that are inappropriate--regardless of what the reported player was reported for.
Add another suggestion that this get put in the FAQ or guide. I see some 0/3 intentional feeding reports and then read a chat full of derogatory remarks.

Also, I'll only feel slightly bad if someone gets their summoner name reset when they are reported for Inappropriate Name but punished for spewing racist remarks.

Suggestion for FAQ (I searched the FAQ for words like report and reason, hence my specific wording):

Should I click punish even if the behavior I find punishable doesn't match the reasons in the reports?

Generally, players should punish if they see behaviors that are inappropriate--regardless of what the reported player was reported for.

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Lyte, I rage alot in my games. How close am i to being banned? (I havn't received a warning yet)

valse123456

08-29-2012

Is there going to be any cased in 3v3 as well as 5v5?

Oliverion

09-03-2012

Hey, I've been reviewing cases for about 6 months now. I havent been receiving any points in the last 2 months. I've probably reviewed over 200 cases in that time. Just wondering when/if I will be awarded IP?

Oliverion

09-04-2012

Within 24 hours of me sending in my issue, it was resolved. Thank you Riot

crono411

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Hey Lyte this question has been on my mind a lot lately. Pre game some one calls mid and locks in a mid, another player picks a mid and calls mid after the other player does. Although this is a jerk move I see no reason to punish a player like this. As long as that is the only thing they do they to not talk trash and try there best to win I do not see and evidence that they should be reported. I admit that breaking the Meta results right away in a negative attitude with everyone, but maybe you are only good with mid or just really wanted to play mid that game and were willing to duo mid. I would love some insight in this thank you.

Kerfanna

09-06-2012

Dear Lyte and Team PB&J,

I see that you haven't posted in this thread for awhile and that's fine, I am following a few of your threads and I know that you are a very, very busy Dr. Santa Baron. However, I do have a quick question for you that you will hopefully find the time to answer.

I try to participate in Tribunal very often. I actually started playing this game because I read about the Tribunal system through one of the web comics I read and I think it's a really great idea and I was interested in seeing how it worked and whether or not it actually made a positive impact on the community as a whole. A few days ago, I received this email from Riot:

Quote:
Greetings Kerfanna!

We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 187 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 935 Influence Points.

The League of Legends thanks you for your service on the Tribunal, Summoner! Remember that you will be eligible to judge 15 tomorrow! May justice be swift!
An easy way for people to see their effect on the community would be to change that first sentence that says, "the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 187 cases today!" to say something like "the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 187 cases today! But you misjudged XX cases, so try to keep in mind the summoner's code when judging Tribunal cases so that we can continue to improve the League of Legends community and make it the best community ever!" Or whatever you want it to say along those lines.

Since the system is already automated to tell you how many cases you judged correctly it should be easy to also add in the number you were mistaken on. It would just be TOTAL - CORRECT = INCORRECT and could be added in to the email. That way people will know whether or not they are being too harsh or too lenient and whether or not the community agrees agrees with them on the majority of their judgments.

I know that you are in the process of trying to decide how to give the Tribunal judges more feedback on what they've done and what the impact on toxic players have been through their actions. I think that's really great, because knowing that I made a positive contribution to the community is really important to me. I try to be a positive player in game and use Tribunal to help weed out the negative players and knowing that I've been able to do so is really encouraging for me and I can see how it would be for others as well.

This suggestion isn't supposed to be a long-term fix but I feel like it may be able to do be done easily, with a little manipulation of database code and inserting it in to the email form that gets sent out and will let us know what effect we're actually having and may pacify some of us while we're waiting for the bigger changes to occur.

I hope you find the time to read over this and hope that you like my suggestion. I've been following a lot of the work you've been doing and I think it's amazing that you take so much of your time to respond to those of us with questions and concerns about how the system works and what you plan to do to improve it. So thank you for working so hard to make the LoL community a better place!

Grimwohl

09-06-2012

how much u get paid per case
Im about dat justice
but im also about dat payper
feel me

TheOnlyBandEver

09-08-2012

Out of curiosity, if your whole team is giving you **** all game and you mute them, can you be punished for "refusing to communicate?"

ebaynetflix

09-09-2012

I have a player I need to report, someone who I have recently played with in person, and who in every game has done nothing but verbally assault his fellow teammates in the chat during EVERY game I've played with him.

It did not occur to me at the time to report him due to the fact that he was sitting right next to me. Is there a way I can report this player now?