Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 to 17 Jews View Post
EDIT: Wanted to edit instead of post again, but Johnny, do you know the answer to the cursing question?
Swearing and cursing is tolerable behavior unless it escalates to hate language, lewd references, death threats, spamming, or verbal abuse. There might be more since I'm kind of sleepy but I hope you get the general idea.

For example, a player that repeatedly types his cursing in all big cap letters while allies are trying to communicate intelligibly with each other. (spamming)

14 to 17 Jews

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

So by that definition, the Sona in question was in the wrong to report our Nasus. Correct?

JohnnyOmega

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 to 17 Jews View Post
So by that definition, the Sona in question was in the wrong to report our Nasus. Correct?
IF it was ONLY for swearing an untargeted "son of a b---h" then I'd have to say yes.

Based on my experience, if that particular phrase is not used as an insult directed towards a person, it's about as offensive as "Holy Magic Balls, Batman!" or "Great Caesar's Ghost!".

Historically the offensive slang use of the word b---h is used to imply a bad personality or insult another person's mother. It's not used to discriminate/dehumanize people based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual preference, etc. so it gets categorized as colorful language rather than offensive language.

If the use is directed towards a player in an insulting way, then it becomes Verbal Use, but that's not the situation that you described.

SUNDOGG

08-13-2012

Well As I new player,You guys are really trying to make this game a good experience.

I have some questions but I hope they get answered in another thread I made regarding that.

blaingBlue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Generally, players should punish if they see behaviors that are inappropriate--regardless of what the reported player was reported for.
Dear Lyte, i have a question about gaining IP through the tribunal. Do you know the amount of IP you gain per a case?

valse123456

08-14-2012

i get a case ware there will be little to no chatlog does this mean that there was nothing or little said?

noobman06

08-15-2012

how do you get ip from the tribunal

JohnnyOmega

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman06 View Post
how do you get ip from the tribunal
It's automatically applied to your account some time after the cases you voted on correctly get resolved.

JohnnyOmega

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by valse123456 View Post
i get a case ware there will be little to no chatlog does this mean that there was nothing or little said?
Sometimes people don't say much. If you see no chat log whatsoever, it could be a bug, in which case I recommend informing Riot Support about it. Be sure to record the case number in that situation.

mersinary09

08-15-2012

how do u go around a permabann