2 week ban....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrauhLord

2 Days Ago

Ok I just have a few questions... because i feel that i am wrongfully punished.

1. what type of review do you do when i get reported? because it seems as if only my chat log are pulled from the game and reviewed. not what was said to me to spark the things i said..
2. do you actual watch the games to see that i may or may not have been intentionally feeding??
3. do you take into consideration the games i am honored?? because it seems that i could play 10 games, get honored for 9, reported for 1, then am pushed or only reviewed on that 1 game.
4. also if mature language is not allowed why is there a mature language filter build into the game that has to be manually turned off?? and why not refer the cry baby's who do report to simply turn it on... (there is a saying stick and stones may break my bones buy words will never hurt me) WORDS ARE WORDS.. if my language affects other people in the game that is simply their fault... sorry but words like "****" and "****" ect. are simply words...
5. is it wrong for me to defend myself??? most of the games i am reported for was of me simply defending myself because my teammates yell at me for giving first blood, or not building what they want me to build, or focus wrong target.. i know there is a mute option but everybody has a right to defend them self and give their side..

im not saying im Mr. Goody Two Shoes... i know that i use mature language.. but there is a big difference between toxicity and trolling. ive been reported many times by people on the other team for simply saying "LOL" or "BYE" or even "BADDIE" after i get a kill... again these are just words.. is this game not meant to be enjoyable?? what is a game without a little smack talk?? i just feel there should be other alternatives than automatic 2 week ban/perma ban.

LittleDi

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrauhLord View Post
Ok I just have a few questions... because i feel that i am wrongfully punished.

1. what type of review do you do when i get reported? because it seems as if only my chat log are pulled from the game and reviewed. not what was said to me to spark the things i said..
Rioters review everything you said in every match at this time.

Quote:
2. do you actual watch the games to see that i may or may not have been intentionally feeding??
Your death times and locations are noted. Check your match history for details on that.
Quote:
3. do you take into consideration the games i am honored?? because it seems that i could play 10 games, get honored for 9, reported for 1, then am pushed or only reviewed on that 1 game.
Honor does not excuse you from punishment. Games are reviewed.
Quote:
4. also if mature language is not allowed why is there a mature language filter build into the game that has to be manually turned off?? and why not refer the cry baby's who do report to simply turn it on... (there is a saying stick and stones may break my bones buy words will never hurt me) WORDS ARE WORDS.. if my language affects other people in the game that is simply their fault... sorry but words like "****" and "****" ect. are simply words...
Please read the FAQ. This is covered in it. You may also choose understanding the Tribunal by Lyte.
Quote:
5. is it wrong for me to defend myself??? most of the games i am reported for was of me simply defending myself because my teammates yell at me for giving first blood, or not building what they want me to build, or focus wrong target.. i know there is a mute option but everybody has a right to defend them self and give their side..
Defending yourself often turns into retaliation. Don't do it. Mute, Ignore, Report.

Quote:
im not saying im Mr. Goody Two Shoes... i know that i use mature language.. but there is a big difference between toxicity and trolling. ive been reported many times by people on the other team for simply saying "LOL" or "BYE" or even "BADDIE" after i get a kill... again these are just words.. is this game not meant to be enjoyable?? what is a game without a little smack talk?? i just feel there should be other alternatives than automatic 2 week ban/perma ban.
There were other alternatives, and they include chat restrictions.

FrauhLord

2 Days Ago

do i have the right to appeal?? i feel this should also be an option

Kantala

2 Days Ago

1. At the moment, I believe the Tribunal is still down for maintenance and upgrades. Riot Staff is manually auditing accounts and handing out strict 2 week bans or permanent bans right now.

2. We don't have any way of knowing how the automated test for intentional feeding actually works. We can't answer that for you right now.

3. No. Honor is not considered in your review.

4. Because Riot believes that "mature language" is not the cause of toxicity. It's how you choose to use it. Choose your words wisely and carefully.

5. What do you have to defend? Most people you play with and against won't know you. They don't know you, and should you choose, don't need to know you. Play nice and you don't have to worry about getting banned by Riot.

If you're spending your time saying negative things to others, then maybe you should try not saying anything at all. Didn't your mother ever tell you, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all?"

All in all, if you feel you've been wrongfully punished, you could try opening up a Support ticket and politely requesting the information you desire, but I think your best bet would be asking for @Lyte directly in the General Discussion forums.

FrauhLord

2 Days Ago

so am i able to appeal my ban?? i would almost pref chat restrictions than a ban... now i have to play on a smurf account... and play with low lvl's..

Erdrik

2 Days Ago

You can appeal, in the sense that you can contact Riot and ask.
But the official stance is that they don't unless they made a mistake.

And if you just ask them to re-review, they will give a copy&paste vague answer.
Because a review is why you were punished in the first place.

The best way to find out specifically what banned you(and determined whether or not they made a mistake(no offence, but unlikely based on known statistics)) is to ask for chat logs.

Either ask in an @Lyte thread in GD, or submit a support ticket to Riot(not for chat restrictions).

Asking Lyte will be quicker but will have the result posted publicly.

If you go the Support Ticket route, be sure to be legible and specific.
Don't ask them to review your chat logs.
They already did. Thats why you were punished.
Do not attempt to prove your innocence or makes excuses.
Simply be short specific and legible.
Don't bring up unrelated things, just ask for the logs.
You should get the logs in 3 to 6 business days, but keep in mind they are swamped with requests and it may take longer.

FrauhLord

2 Days Ago

well if thats all i can do im sure they can pull up a game or 2 where i was toxic.. but im not even close to the countless number of toxic players i have been forced to put up with. and i feel that a 2 week ban is a little excessive for most of my reports being for simply trolling...

magooomba

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrauhLord View Post
well if thats all i can do im sure they can pull up a game or 2 where i was toxic.. but im not even close to the countless number of toxic players i have been forced to put up with. and i feel that a 2 week ban is a little excessive for most of my reports being for simply trolling...
You should be aware that these 2 week bans are a "last chance" effort. If you're flagged again, the account could be permanently banned. Thinking that you're not worse than other people, or that it was due to troll reports, are the exact opposite of what you should be doing right now. Neither of those are relevant to your behavior, which is the sole factor in this ban. Evaluate your own behavior, find what caused the problem, and entirely stop doing that. These bans are not taken lightly by Riot.

FrauhLord

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooomba View Post
You should be aware that these 2 week bans are a "last chance" effort. If you're flagged again, the account could be permanently banned. Thinking that you're not worse than other people, or that it was due to troll reports, are the exact opposite of what you should be doing right now. Neither of those are relevant to your behavior, which is the sole factor in this ban. Evaluate your own behavior, find what caused the problem, and entirely stop doing that. These bans are not taken lightly by Riot.
the problem is matchmaking puts me in games with toxic people or ragers, and curse out over me giving first blood/not making the right play.. and yes this is what i SHOULD be worried about because this ban is EXCESSIVE. dont tell me what to worry about and what not to worry about!

Mars Ragnarok

1 Day Ago

Other peoples' behavior is irrelevant. If you thought your behavior would be tolerated because you experienced worse behavior, you were incorrect.

I'm saying this matter-of-factly. I don't wish you any ill will, I just want to be clear that "simply trolling" is not acceptable.