My cousin used my account while I was gone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ráin

19 Hours Ago

I was more curious rather than dying to get my account back but more just wondering if anything could be done about it. So anyways, I left for the Navy bootcamp approximately 1 1/2 years ago. I let my cousin have use the account and I just recently got back from my deployment station a month ago and I asked him what he changed the password to and whatnot but when I tried logging in it said that my account was permanently banned. He's got a bit of a mouth on him and when I asked what happened he just said that he was sorry so I'm assuming he got banned from being toxic or something. I was wondering if there is any way I can get my account back now that I have some time for myself or if I'm going to have to start a completely new account? If there is anyone who has some helpful information that would be great. I would try to go to support emails that riot should have but the support page just isn't loading for me for some reason. Anyways I appreciate any information I can get! Thank you.
EDIT: also I don't have a chat log history of what he said but quite honestly I just want to know whether recovery of my actual account is possible or not. Thank you!

powerbats

18 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ráin View Post
I was more curious rather than dying to get my account back but more just wondering if anything could be done about it. So anyways, I left for the Navy bootcamp approximately 1 1/2 years ago. I let my cousin have use the account and I just recently got back from my deployment station a month ago and I asked him what he changed the password to and whatnot but when I tried logging in it said that my account was permanently banned. He's got a bit of a mouth on him and when I asked what happened he just said that he was sorry so I'm assuming he got banned from being toxic or something. I was wondering if there is any way I can get my account back now that I have some time for myself or if I'm going to have to start a completely new account? If there is anyone who has some helpful information that would be great. I would try to go to support emails that riot should have but the support page just isn't loading for me for some reason. Anyways I appreciate any information I can get! Thank you.
EDIT: also I don't have a chat log history of what he said but quite honestly I just want to know whether recovery of my actual account is possible or not. Thank you!

Sadly your going to have to probably kiss the account goodbye because you've got 2 violations of the TOS/EULA there. While it sucks to have lost your account that's what happens sadly when you share the account.

1. Account sharing is strictly prohibited and can lead to a perma ban.

2. Toxicity perma bans are never undone unless it was a mistake on Riots part.

You can however submit a support ticket to Riot and kindly ask them if there's anything you can do and explain the situation fully. They might be able to do something but then again they might not so be prepared for either outcome.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

Shelzin

18 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ráin View Post
No... You made the account, you are responsible for the account. It's in the EULA that you don't account share.

You are very likely not to get your account back.

ráin

18 Hours Ago

@Shelzin: Ahhhh I wasn't aware of that. He's my family so I just didn't really mind lending him the account. I didn't think he would get it banned haha. That's my fault. I understand.

@Powerbats: Thank you for the helpful information. I tried clicking on the support link but it won't show me anything but a Error page. As I said before I tried going to their support so I wouldn't have to make a post in here due to the possibility of inevitable trolls coming my way and to get a straight answer from the staff at Riot. I'm not too hopeful of getting my account back but I was just curious if it's a possibility. I wanted to play some games but I also didn't want to have to start all over and I did spend a little money on the game as well. It's a shame but I still wanted to see if there was a possibility I guess.

powerbats

18 Hours Ago

you have to login to create the ticket to support, upper right of screen. Since the info's changed create a new account and submit the ticket.

Shelzin

17 Hours Ago

All that other bull**** aside though... Thank you for your service.

ráin

16 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
All that other bull**** aside though... Thank you for your service.
Thank you for letting me serve your country. That's all I really need to say.

Yujiza

16 Hours Ago

I have to say ráin, thanks for restoring some hope in humanity on this forum for me.

Albeit it was a big no-no as Shelzin and Powerbats covered; I thought I'd take a moment to wish you all the best in your endeavors. I truly appreciate your understanding.

Matthias9119

15 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
you have to login to create the ticket to support, upper right of screen. Since the info's changed create a new account and submit the ticket.
You don't need an in-game account to open a ticket with Support (for situations like when you're locked out of your own account, etc.)

Here's the direct link: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

Like everyone else said, though, if this account was permanently banned for behavioral issues it is unlikely you will be able to get it back. "It wasn't me, my little brother said those bad things!" is sort of the League equivalent of "the dog ate my homework". But you can ask...

ráin

1 Hour Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias9119 View Post
You don't need an in-game account to open a ticket with Support (for situations like when you're locked out of your own account, etc.)

Here's the direct link: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

Like everyone else said, though, if this account was permanently banned for behavioral issues it is unlikely you will be able to get it back. "It wasn't me, my little brother said those bad things!" is sort of the League equivalent of "the dog ate my homework". But you can ask...
Hey Matthias9119 Thank you for your information. I tried clicking on the link and copy pasting it and that's pretty much my extent of computer knowledge on how to get to a site but it says there's an error viewing the page. I also tried logging out and doing it without logging in to an account. And yes I understand that it's very unlikely. I just wanted to see if it was at all possible. Especially seeing the excuse I have is pretty ironic to their standards seeing as how I completely understand that whole dog ate my homework reference. I hope there's some Riot member who happens to run across my thread and can give me a definitive answer regardless of whether I can get the account back or not, I just don't want to quit playing the game due to a permaban while I was gone but I also don't really want to start from scratch with no runes and etc. But I can't really do much about that haha. Thank you guys for all your great information. Maybe I'll use my personal laptop instead of my desktop to try and open the support links that you guys have informed be about. For some reason they won't show up properly on here when I use my desktop.