What to do with players that "Intentionally Ruin Games"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timelyshadow

1 Week Ago

I'll make this short.

There are players that literally ruin games on purpose. I had a Pantheon by the summoner name Akoru follow me all throughout the game, attempt to take jungle camps and exp on purpose because "he wanted to carry". I had picked elise before his turn to pick came. He had something else in mind. The game ended before 20 minutes. He also said riot does't care about me. I beg to differ. I think riot does care however. Something more harmful than the usual report needs to be done.

AraMoOse

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelyshadow View Post
I'll make this short.

There are players that literally ruin games on purpose. I had a Pantheon by the summoner name Akoru follow me all throughout the game, attempt to take jungle camps and exp on purpose because "he wanted to carry". I had picked elise before his turn to pick came. He had something else in mind. The game ended before 20 minutes. He also said riot does't care about me. I beg to differ. I think riot does care however. Something more harmful than the usual report needs to be done.
That is not for you as an individual to determine. What you need to do is report them. That is where your responsibility lies.

What NOT to do, is to post someone's name in the forums. In fact there's a rule in place forbidding the kind of public naming you're doing here. What if that guy had come in and said you should be banned because you were a jerk and so and so instead of you doing it to him?

If you think the person deserves disciplinary measures, the way to do that is through the post game report system.

Matthias9119

1 Week Ago

You can report them post-game. If they behave badly a lot they will eventually get banned.

If someone is admitting to griefing/throwing a game on purpose you can also open a ticket with Riot Support and give them any information/evidence you have.

UltimaGalaxy

1 Week Ago

Please remove the summoner name from the OP, or you could get a forum ban. We here have no power to exercise, so the best you can do is submit a support ticket to Riot.

Verideathul

1 Week Ago

Just to clarify:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verideathul View Post
6) This was one of the worst trolls I've ever seen. He really went up and beyond the call of a normal troll. What should I do?

The process of removing a troll, intentional feeder, or toxic player remains the same no matter the severity. Report him at the end of the game, and if you feel like that report was insufficient, you can create a support ticket by clicking the support button in the top right corner. From what I understand, Riot interferes with a Tribunal case only when the punishment is to be advanced beyond that which the Tribunal's next punish decision would've handed out. Most of the time, the Tribunal will be handling all of the toxicity through cases as fast as it can by both pardoning the innocent and punishing the toxic players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verideathul View Post
5) My evidence is clear and crystal proof that this guy is in the wrong! Why can't I post it here?

Name and shame is not allowed in any forums because it's easy to doctor evidence or spread lies about another summoner, even to the point of creating a potential witch hunt against that summoner. We aren't saying that you specifically have doctored the evidence here, but even if it was considered "proof," there's nothing that a community forum or its members can do. Please submit a ticket with this proof to Riot instead and they will deal with it.

PurpleYukari

1 Week Ago

I'll make this short.

There are players that literally ruin games. I got angry when I had the misfortune of meeting one of these players. He pissed me off SO MUCH I felt the need to come on the forums and complain about it. In order to get back at him, I included the summoner name in the hopes that Riot would apply the banhammer, or something bad would happen to him to him. Unfortunately, I forgot that naming someone in the forums is against the rules.