Has Riot given a SINGLE thought to their F2P sytem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aegrotat

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Where did I make an incorrect claim? I didn't talk about the quality of any of the games actually gameplay. Whether you like it or not LoL is completely destroying the competition when it comes to playerbase and revenue. Are they beating all of Valve, obviously not but they're definitely beating Dota2 in revenue generation.

You can look it up if you want - LoL is the biggest game in the world at this time.

You can wave your hands all you want about how this game sucks, Dota2 is the best but that really doesn't matter to me. I'm talking about business - your talking about gameplay. If anyones being the "fanboy" its you bud.
Just because it has a large revenue, does not mean everything in the game is good. Dota 2 is obviously going to have a smaller revenue because of the facts that it's still in beta, and people aren't going to have to pay for heroes. Does that mean it's a worse game? Not at all.

Is Riot doing all of this because it's a business? Of course. It makes sense to me, and there will always be people that just go with the flow and don't ask questions. But there will be those that ask questions and realize that a cash grab doesn't make things good, and look at what that gets them: Flamed on the forums because they think their opinions should be heard.

You dismissing him for putting out his thoughts, on wanting a more user friendly system to get champions, what's that about?

Ordo Irelius

07-28-2012

Rune page and rune prices are ridiculous. The IP and RP prices should be cut by half imo as they are almost mandatory to have.

OR

Riot can just give 4 rune pages to all players instead of 2.

I also think riot should be dishing out price reductions more often, and not only on 6.3k champions, but also the cheaper ones. They should also think about making a handful of recommended champions free and throw them out of the free week rotation.

To be honest though, I don't think riot would change anything until valve puts on pressure on LoL's business model.

PrettyUnicorns

07-28-2012

i hate doing a korean mmo grind

Yoshiiiiiiii

07-28-2012

Until League gets some actual competition from another MOBA (not in terms of gameplay but in terms of people playing) they probably will not change their system. Why change something that has worked so well lol. The changes that HoN made seem like a pretty desperate move to get their game on the right track, Riot does not have the same problems as them at the moment.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Better copy this and save it before Riot deletes it.

Mantaray95

07-28-2012

Out of the 3 largest MOBAs, LoL is the only one where one has to buy characters. (the 3 being HoN, Dota 2/Dota, and LoL)

Yoshiiiiiiii

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantaray95 View Post
Out of the 3 largest MOBAs, LoL is the only one where one has to buy characters. (the 3 being HoN, Dota 2/Dota, and LoL)
Which one is the most popular?

KevinDelMarr

07-28-2012

My grief is Rune Pages. They're core for high elo play (which the game is balanced around apparently) but are a ***** to obtain. Saying "well pay for 500 RP, no playing required" doesn't cut it. Working 2-3 weeks on something I still need to play for more runes is cruel, especially when new and old champions are begging to be bought

Mantaray95

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiiiiiiii View Post
Which one is the most popular?
Due to the fact that Dota 2 isn't out (and when it will, HoN people will end up moving there anyways) LoL currently is. However, having more people does not mean better, it just means lots of people can fill out a registration form.

crazyknives222

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Where did I make an incorrect claim? I didn't talk about the quality of any of the games actually gameplay. Whether you like it or not LoL is completely destroying the competition when it comes to playerbase and revenue. Are they beating all of Valve, obviously not but they're definitely beating Dota2 in revenue generation.

You can look it up if you want - LoL is the biggest game in the world at this time.

You can wave your hands all you want about how this game sucks, Dota2 is the best but that really doesn't matter to me. I'm talking about business - your talking about gameplay. If anyones being the "fanboy" its you bud.
Oh, and LoL is most definitely NOT the "biggest game in the world at this time". I'd like for you to show me, from a reputable source, where it says that LoL has the most players of any other game worldwide and has consistently the largest revenues each year. Pretty sure Riot makes between 25-30 million in revenue a year since 2010. I just read an article that has Blizzard still making 10x that in one quarter of last year and that's just for WoW.