Has Riot given a SINGLE thought to their F2P sytem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSj Heimerdinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

More players and better game/more employees means there can't be price changes, at most they can do is satisfy what the players want via champ/skins and then try to fix what is being asked

Roccano

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by liHDlGinzo View Post
Don't bite the hand that's feeding you.

Dota 2 isn't free.
It has been confirmed by many sources that Dota 2 will in fact be free

crazyknives222

07-28-2012

Quote:
Don't bite the hand that's feeding you.

Dota 2 isn't free.
Obviously no F2P model is actually free you numbskull. But Dota2 costs nothing to buy in terms of the game, and all of the champions are available from the word go. There is no in game currency, so you're never grinding for ****. Oh, and Valve GIVES YOU FREE ITEMS for leveling up or at random just for completing games. When Riot starts randomly dishing out skins when games finish, then I might start taking another look at them.

SSj Heimerdinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Besides you really just need 4 rune pages, AD,AP,Support,Jungler
and for champions if you take the time to get good with the champions you can afford, by the time you get to the 6300s, you already have all of the champs.

And if you really want to try them out, go PBE.

and crazy if that's your attitude then stop forum lurking and go enjoy Dota 2 then QQing over here.

Worf

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohns View Post
I mean other than making IP gradually worth less and less.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing positive I can say about LoL's F2P and microtransaction system. Riot just gets worse and worse with this, and they refuse to accommodate the system to suit the growing amount of content.

Let me start with the most important: the champions. The Free Rotation system is just godawful. A third of the champions get shoved into the rotation every 3 weeks, while the rest of them have a 2-6 month waiting period. Wanted to try Cassiopeia, Lee Sin or Renekton but you missed them last week? Too bad, you gotta wait several months. But we have plenty of Ashe, Cho'Gath and Caitlyn!

What's worse is that as the number of champions get bigger, the less opportunities there will be to play other champions. Yeah, you get your default 2nd newest champ on the free list for a new champion patch, but what if you don't play the game that much or are new? As the number of champions grow, the longer it's going to take to play all of them even once. And unless you've played 1000+ games and have like 30 or so champions, whatever champions you own are going to get stale. Having a ****ty free week just makes me not want to play the game.

And then there's the cost. It's just silly. You get 450 or 1350 IP champs in a matter of days. 3150 IP would take more than a week, but it's acceptable. 4800 is pushing it, but 6300 is ridiculous. It takes at least 3 weeks unless you play 5+ games a day, something only a few of us do, and basically a month for the casual players. Now that all new champs are gonna cost 6300 and since they hardly ever do IP reductions, eventually the number of 6300s are gonna overtake every other champions combined.

Oh, and you also have to buy runes. Sure having a full rune page doesn't mean a auto-win, but it's still important. The fact that half the junglers aren't viable without runes proves that. You just can't ignore them. People who played the game longer are going to have an plain, straight up advantage over newer ones. I think that's just ridiculous for a competitive game like LoL, but I guess we have to take that fact up in the ass.

Oh, yeah, there's also ****ing rune pages. You're telling me that I have to play a month's worth of games just for the convenience of not having to swap out runes to play another role? The fact that it costs money is bad enough, but the price is completely unreasonable. Why anyone would defend this for any logical reason is beyond me.

"Hey, maybe you shouldn't be a cheapskate and spend money!" Right, except I barely get mileage out of them. Even RP is overpriced. Without sales, it costs $9 to buy a single champion. Can you really tell yourself that one single champion is worth 9 whole dollars? And let's not forget the fact that LoL is one of the very few games where a virtual cosmetic costs $25.

And finally, Riot refuses to give out anything for free anymore. The only free thing you can get now are Tristana and an Alistar skin. Just how blatantly cheap is Riot? Let me compare to something similar, like say HoN. What free things have the two given?
HoN:
- $10 for every hero during their 100th hero anniversary
- Huge sales & gifting purchases during Christmas
- An opportunity to receive a bunch of free skins for just playing the game
- Actual price revisions to make things cheaper
LoL:
- Just enough RP to not be able to buy anything worthwhile for Christmas
- A 33% IP Weekend for 3 million Likes that they were forced to change to Double because of blatant greediness
- A 10-game IP Boost for days of server issues while overcompensating a very small percent of the players
- No RP price revisions whatsoever

The point is there are obvious problems with the current system we have now, but Riot just plain refuses to fix it. We're stuck with an old and busted system that we're stuck with for the last 3 years. This gives me the impression that Riot only cares about releasing champions and skins, and nothing else. Don't even get me started on how a third of the champions that are in need of buffs are untouched.

tl;dr Why are you seriously putting up with this ****?
first of all, China Called they want their wall back.

second, RIOT HAS TO MAKE MONEY

third, go back to HoN

FDru

07-28-2012

Quote:
I have tons of RP from Dominion tournaments, so I don't have to spend money on LoL anymore for the most part. But as someone who's been playing for 2+ years and has over 5000 games played between all of the game modes, I do find their system to be ridiculous.

They charge way too much for content that should be free (Champs and Rune Pages) and they're not getting any better with the overall cost of unlocking everything increasing with every patch.

Like I said before, I don't have to buy anything anymore but I feel really bad for new players who couldn't possibly be close to competitive without spending hundreds of dollars.

sweet teemotion

07-28-2012

Quote:
Same reason they put up with the ****ty tribunal system... they're fanboys

crazyknives222

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSp1cyWeener View Post
Finales Funkeln 4 LYF >=[
Aww man dog, super cereal! Lux ult name change?! FML I can't play her anymore. They ruined her character!

EDIT: Have an upvote son!

crazyknives222

07-28-2012

Quote:
Besides you really just need 4 rune pages, AD,AP,Support,Jungler
and for champions if you take the time to get good with the champions you can afford, by the time you get to the 6300s, you already have all of the champs.

And if you really want to try them out, go PBE.

and crazy if that's your attitude then stop forum lurking and go enjoy Dota 2 then QQing over here.
I've played like 6 games of Dota2 today. I'm taking a break. Crashing forums gives me pleasure, so I do so at every opportunity. ^_^

Best Lolicon NA

07-28-2012

the only thing I agree with on this is rune pages cost to much, considering what they are they should NOT be the price of a 6300 champion, 3150 is the best bet for them.