Matchmaking Inquiries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiff Tacos

07-28-2012

These days, I play draft almost exclusively. The players I get matched up with, in my eyes, are relatively close to my skill level. Some were better, some were worse, but for the most part, there were no crazy outliers.

Today, I felt like messing around with new champs. I was low on IP, so I bought Nunu for lulz and went into blind (oh, the horror). I stomped bot lane against a Viktor and we won easily. It was pretty clear that many players on the other team were much less experienced than our team. Their Darius bought two Sanguine Blades, and their Rammus bought two Frozen Hearts. The Viktor went straight AP, but didn't get any MPen despite me building lots of MR. My team was pretty solid, coming bot when I needed help and setting up for ganks.

My theory is that, because I hadn't played blind in a while, the game thought I was worse than I really was. In other words, there are two independent Elos: one for blind and one for draft.

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Makestro

07-28-2012

or it's because people who play blind pick are retarded more often than those who play draft. Just because someone is at your elo doesn't mean they're as good as you or vice versa

Stiff Tacos

07-28-2012

What I'm saying is that my team was clearly much better than the other team. The game made a mistake somewhere, and I think that my absence from blind was the reason.

Why would blind, with a huge number of players in comparison, have worse matchmaking than draft?

SuperQuackDuck

07-28-2012

player pool is larger and the player pool is generally less worried about winning

DiscworldDeath

07-28-2012

Stiff, you had the same chance of someone on your team being on the enemy team and vice versa. So no.

Also, we've explored that before. Draft and blind queues share the same Elo.

otirruborez

07-29-2012

nope. you're just in a low enough elo where people think those builds are good.

more than likely they were just trolling though as i cannot see someone building like that unless you're below 800 elo.

DiscworldDeath

07-29-2012

I can see people under 1,600 Elo building these no sweat, and some people higher too.

BTW, if you have your IE, PD, PD, SB, I can see getting another SB if no one on the enemy team has any armour. In fact, I used to do it with Gangplank back in 1,550 Elo Some of the most fun I've ever had.

otirruborez

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I can see people under 1,600 Elo building these no sweat, and some people higher too.

BTW, if you have your IE, PD, PD, SB, I can see getting another SB if no one on the enemy team has any armour. In fact, I used to do it with Gangplank back in 1,550 Elo Some of the most fun I've ever had.
2 frozen hearts on one champion? this just isn't possible unless trolling or sub 800 elo.

DiscworldDeath

07-29-2012

Well, that was more of an edge case, but the two Sanguine Blades, or full AP Viktor?

Just this week I've seen a Malphite build Randuin's, FH, Thornmail, when the enemy team had 4 APs.

messengarofdeath

07-29-2012

i have never expierenced what you have had because my elo is pro