A FUN item. Turn Dom's Lightning Shrine into an item! Ionic F.U.N (not Ionic Spark)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Specifically, the chain lightning portion of the Lightning Shrine(ignore everything else). For those who do not know.

Ionic Spark - triggers every 5 auto-attacks

Dominion's Lightning Shrine - allows the champion to passively detonate a lightning blast inflicting magic damage on the champion's autoattacks and damaging spells with a 4 second cooldown.

What does this mean? Those who played Dominion before knows exactly how FUN this ability is.

Play a Teemo, and plant mushrooms all over the map. And what happens? You run around while farting lightning across the other end of the map as enemies detonate your mushrooms!

Play Nidalee, and suddenly lightning comes out of your skirt to bzap your enemies for stepping on your bushwack.

Play Singed, and watch as you give your enemies occasional jolts of lightning whenever they chase you with your poison on!

Play Rammus, and watch lightning shoot out of you as enemies take thorn damage attacking you!

Hell it doesn't have to be exactly the same! It could be based on number of damage ticks instead! The lightning doesn't have to be very strong! It's going to be hella FUN and spammy regardless! Don't make an item that's exclusive to a single narrow variety of champion! Make it as broad an appeal as possible! Ionic Spark is limited to auto-attackers only! And not just that, Shen and mostly only Shen! That's no fun.

Now what shall we name this item? Ionic Spark is already taken...how about Ionic F.U.N? I'm sure you can come up with something to represent the acronym of F.U and .N

Now you may be asking. Won't this have a chance of screwing over the game's balance? Won't fun unique items make balancing harder? Will people even get an item that pushes so much?

Well let me nullify all your well-though questions of concern with my one answer! This item will make the game more FUN! FUN! FUN! (seriously, is it possible to NOT be swayed by this amazingly fun counter-argument?)

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

So basically the lightning effect also applying to spells.

Or we can leave this to a buff because we're not sure how balanced this would be (not to mention that multi-hit spells would be a nightmare with this).

Ginga

07-28-2012

Numbers can always be adjusted.

It's always bugged me how Ionic Spark is for auto-attackers and auto-attackers only.