Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is solo que actually taken into consideration for teams?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsAllonzy

07-28-2012

I understand that the higher the ELO generally the better the player, but honestly how is solo que considered a proper guideline for a players skill? I am by no means a great player and I have no intentions of going pro, but when I play solo que all I see are complainers, lack of team work, and people raging because they can't play the role they want. Not to mention that you are placed with 3/4 random people and it seems that no matter how good you are individually, you can't carry a team to victory in most games. Anyone that is familiar with Halo when it was competitive will know what I am talking about, being a level 50 didn't hurt but it wasn't necessary to be a professional player. Custom games are where you got your name out there, not by how you played with random teammates.

So am I missing something or am I in the ball park of how others feel?

Sam Is Whoa

07-28-2012

Quote:
ItsAllonzy:
I understand that the higher the ELO generally the better the player, but honestly how is solo que considered a proper guideline for a players skill? I am by no means a great player and I have no intentions of going pro, but when I play solo que all I see are complainers, lack of team work, and people raging because they can't play the role they want. Not to mention that you are placed with 3/4 random people and it seems that no matter how good you are individually, you can't carry a team to victory in most games. Anyone that is familiar with Halo when it was competitive will know what I am talking about, being a level 50 didn't hurt but it wasn't necessary to be a professional player. Custom games are where you got your name out there, not by how you played with random teammates.

So am I missing something or am I in the ball park of how others feel?

Its a proper guideline because its the only guideline. I dont know if you have been denied from a team because of low elo, but if you have thats silly of the team to not play with you before passing judgement.

Overall solo queue elo shows your ability to farm, make good decisions (KDA), and cooperate with a team you dont know. If your able to difuse situations play multiple roles and work with randoms it shows that you understand how mechanics work(with use of different champs in different roles), and how to communicate well. If you can climb the ladder to gold or platinum elo then you are an overall good player.

ItsAllonzy

07-28-2012

I haven't tried for a team, and considering how most people in this game seem to act I am glad I haven't. There needs to be an overall stat system for people to go over rather then your elo and W/L record.

trackmaster

07-28-2012

Say a team is mostly around 1800 elo and they are looking for a new member. They would post saying maybe 1450+ to try out. If someone at 800 applied it would be kind of silly.

ItsAllonzy

07-28-2012

Why? How can your rating from playing with random teammates be silly? I'm not saying that the high elo players are not good, just saying that they get better teammates more often then the low elo players.

Sam Is Whoa

07-28-2012

Quote:
ItsAllonzy:
I haven't tried for a team, and considering how most people in this game seem to act I am glad I haven't. There needs to be an overall stat system for people to go over rather then your elo and W/L record.

lolking.net shows you ranked stats on every champ you play including creep score, KDA, and W/L. that can show you how well you do in certain lanes as certain champs. if you have a good record as a mid player but are forced to play other positions and your elo suffers because of it that can be seen on lolking.

For The Record (FTR) I do not believe you should play ranked if you cant win at multiple positions. this post was only in reaction to the OP's questions and only answers that.