I am sick and tired of passive bot players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makestro

07-28-2012

sometimes you can't do anything but hug your turret bot

SuperQuackDuck

07-28-2012

yah. people need to be more aggressive when they play against me at bot. i want more kills!

Risemix

07-28-2012

A big issue in low elo dominion is that top lane can't resist going bot to help, they just have to. No matter how often you explain to them that you shouldn't help because dominion isn't about defending points you have, but about resource allocation, they refuse to listen.

This is a really big hurdle for me, fortunately I just played a lot and got to the point where people stopped doing that sort of **** pretty recently. Anything below 1400 is a strategic black hole.

SuperQuackDuck

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
A big issue in low elo dominion is that top lane can't resist going bot to help, they just have to. No matter how often you explain to them that you shouldn't help because dominion isn't about defending points you have, but about resource allocation, they refuse to listen.

This is a really big hurdle for me, fortunately I just played a lot and got to the point where people stopped doing that sort of **** pretty recently. Anything below 1400 is a strategic black hole.
that actually depends on which bot champ you're using. if you're using a champ with good burst or snare, ganking is encouraged. after the gank your teammate should leave so you can farm more gold over your opponents.

but overall i agree. if you're a good bot, you shouldn't need help.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
that actually depends on which bot champ you're using. if you're using a champ with good burst or snare, ganking is encouraged. after the gank your teammate should leave so you can farm more gold over your opponents.

but overall i agree. if you're a good bot, you shouldn't need help.
I think you missed his point.

He meant sending only one person bot to help the bot player, not 2-3. Help is encouraged if top can manage to hold on and defend while bot recovers.

Hence: Resource Allocation.

DiscworldDeath

07-28-2012

1. Sometimes the enemy bot laner is Urgot, and you've got Garen/Viktor bot lane. We tell the bot laner: Try not to lose bot, they reply "I'll do my best, try to gank." and if they lose bot, we don't rage at them. You know, some champions are stronger/counter others, and the champion on the weak end of the trade should focus on not losing.

2. Sometimes you far out-scale the enemy champion, and trying to win early is a mistake (which I do as I am re-learning bot-lane after many months of not playing bot at all): You're Jax, they are TF/someone else who just kills the wave and goes back. Don't go in and take free damage. DO make it a farm-fest. The difference is, after 10-15 minutes of this farm-fest, you can go top and get quadra-kills, they can't. So a farm-fest is in your favour.
It's like Garen versus Nasus in SR top lane. As Nasus, there's nothing you want more than the lane to be as passive as possible.

3. I plan to make a post about it, but sometimes bot laners tell you to not gank, cause they're "winning", but then they get ganked and accuse you of not ganking. In all honesty, when you get to a certain Elo people think they know best (me included, as shown in this point ), and tell you to not gank. Sometimes you shouldn't listen, and still gank aggressively.
Even if you lose top for bot, it's often can be worth it in the long run, if you can snowball your bot laner (mostly in levels, if your bot laner is 3 levels ahead of theirs, they can usually consistently beat them). Of course, the real issue is when you ping top to fall back and not engage 3v4s, which they often still do, even at the 2-2.2k Elo range

urmamasllama

07-28-2012

if nunu wants to kill his lane opponent it usually takes about five minutes to do so (3 if you can bait them into getting stuck in your full ult)

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

I came the thread biased to upvote, then read the thread. I also dislike passive bot players, but with that I refer players, that never join mid fights even when his lane is not under risk of being taken that soon , but are unable to take opponent point.

Mids that never go top or jungle when it's a good move, basically bot people that is just bot, no matter what. I think it's a mistake that some high level players do too.

lbgsloan

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkyjinx View Post
i can tell you that as a regular bot player the amount of times that i get ZERO bot ganks is absurd. like at least 75% of the games my teammates seem to simply forget that bot exists.

serves me right for playing soloqueue, right?
Very much this. I'll often be in situations where the enemy bot is overextending badly to my tower. It would be so easy to gank them or ninja cap their point while they are too far away. That gank/cap usually never comes. People in soloq usually ignore bot entirely unless a team is dominating so badly they have nothing better to do but finally come gank. I generally assume I'm on my own down there, which means trying for a stalemate instead of being reckless for no reason.

Want to know why 95% of soloq players can't stand playing bot in Dominion? Why most games start with a game of chicken to see who has to suffer bot? Because bot gets completely ignored and is usually just a boring 20 minute stalemate. It's very much the anti-fun lane in soloq. When Dominion first came out, bottom was still less popular but you usually got someone to volunteer for it. Now I see someone call bot maybe 1 out of 10 games. Riot needs to address this before ranked ever comes, or it will become the 'support' slot of Dominion soloq. Map needs to be modified so bottom laner are more than guard dogs afk farming for 20 minutes*.

*I am well aware bot is more dynamic in full premade games. This is a soloq problem, the mode the majority of players are stuck with.

DiscworldDeath

07-29-2012

Queue when Nekrogen is in queue, hope he's on your team, and bam, bot lane volunteer.

And some of the other 99% of the time bot lane players