@Morello; Give me one good reason why you can't lower Grave's AA range

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-28-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessCycle View Post
Or increase Sivir's instead.

Graves was supposedly given lower AA range to compensate for the huge burst he has. That's fine. But why is Sivir's lower than his? She isn't innately tanky, why does she need to get in closer? Her spell shield blocks one thing in the midst of a teamfight.
I think the Sivir part is valid - I'll ask the live dudes their thoughts. Off-the-cuff though, this makes sense, especially with the new richochet mechanic.

Jolan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Woot, that means I'll be able to pick up Sivir and actually farm a bit safer! Thanks Morello!

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Sivir overall needs a decent buff, not just her AA range.
Perhaps a AA projectile speed increase.

LululuCawCaw

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think the Sivir part is valid - I'll ask the live dudes their thoughts. Off-the-cuff though, this makes sense, especially with the new richochet mechanic.

What about Vayne?

77remix

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
Graves' not Grave's
Not graves....

GRAAAAAAAAAAAVES

DreamsOfGrandeur

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmph View Post
Ya know, graves might have been balanced if he had that lower auto attack range; you could even revert some of his nerfs and he still would be ok. That was the point of his passive, right? His lower auto attack range gave him the right to free tanky stats
Well, for an Attack Range of 500, I think they would have to revert the nerf to his passive.

Cause, 500, from what we've seen of Teemo and Twitch, is a very vulnerable distance to be in for DPS champions.
Graves has a dash, but they've given a far amount of nerfs to his Q and W.

Borigrad

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LululuCawCaw View Post
What about Vayne?
She has 550 range. That's the average range for any AD carry.

Wyl

07-28-2012

Quote:
She has huge hypothetical speed, having her AA range higher would make it incredibly hard to escape her. Graves only has a 425 jump foward, which pauses him for like 0,5 second, Sivir can still Attack and kite very easily, if not easier than Graves, and that even if her range is lower.

That's just my opinion.

What I'd like to see on Sivir though is the following points :

Sivir
  • Reduce Boomerang Blade base damage to 50/95/140/185/230 from 60/105/150/195/240, but damage is reduced by 12% per subsequent target instead of 20%.
  • Ricochet can hit the same target multiple times, but only if there are no "new" targets to hit.
  • Decrease Spell Shield's Cooldown to 21/18/15/12/9 from 22/19/16/13/10.
  • Differentiate Banshee's Veil from Spell Shield if both are activated at the same time.
  • Halve the casting animation time on On the Hunt.

[CENTER]Explanations :

1) The spell can be deadly if there is only one target but is pretty dull if there are a few. This is a problem because the projectile isn't quite fast, and thus should have a greater reward in a linear proportion.

2) Since the spell has a fast lowering of power, it's kind of sad that even the smallest output can't be gain because it doesn't jump back on a target it already hit. I would understand if the damage was great or if the spell would proc on-hit effects, but it doesn't.

3) A little decrease that keeps her fresh. She feels a little outdated since spells are on lower Cooldowns than in the past.

4) Silly.

5) Even if the boosts are nice, you lose about 1-2 seconds because of that duration and thus it's still not sure you can catch up on your opponent(s) because of it.[/CENTER]

Faytherite

07-28-2012

Quote:
Can you please send the proving grounds fellas to this thread? Pretty please?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2408690

Gløry

07-28-2012

Quote:
Bad luck brian tries to get graves nerfed, gets sivir buffed instead

12345678 ... 13