[item suggestion] Bilgewater Beatstaff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DERUDERUDERUDERU

06-30-2012

+70 AD
+16% Lifesteal
Unique: 10% Cooldown Reduction
Unique: 16% Armor Penetration
Unique Active: Target champion suffers 200 magic damage and is slowed by 50% for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown and 500 range.

Total Cost: 3562

Builds from a Brutalizer + Bilgewater Cutlass.

It would give champions like Lee Sin/Riven something to build Brutalizer into that isn't Ghostblade, and something for AD Bruisers to build instead of Bloodthirster.

It'd also give champions who are AD that don't have a gap closer/a mediocre gap closer who would want a cutlass for it's active (Like Darius, Olaf or Nasus) a way to get in there without getting kited too hard.

I don't think it would encroach on items like Bloodthirster for AD carries on the fact that it gives less total AD and Lifesteal then a bloodthirster, plus is more expensive.

Kagami

06-30-2012

Would be OP, too much LS and AD base compared to Bloodthirster, a lot of AD carries like ezreal would probably take it

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

This item is not balanced. Reason 1 being this: what's stopping the average AD carry from picking this up?

There's a reason there is no viable CDR for AD carries that ISN'T on an item that would weaken their build for it.

DERUDERUDERUDERU

06-30-2012

I couldn't see any AD carry taking this over Bloodthirster. Bloodthirster gives 30 more AD for 300 less gold, and an AD carry would prefer more raw stats instead of utility (see why people don't build triforce on any AD carry that isn't Corki at tournaments). It'd be a bargain bin kind of effect, you'll just have a bunch of ****ty stats one one item instead of BT + Last Whisper.

Realistically the Lifesteal could be lowered to 16% on this fairly safely. An AD Carry I don't think would want this over Bloodthirster. CDR is nice on any character, but I couldn't see an AD Carry losing out on 30 AD for a little CDR.

What's stopping the average AD carry from taking this is mostly the fact that if you're an AD carry you're not really building utility items, which this very much is. Otherwise every AD would be building Triforce instead of most items.

TomRad314

06-30-2012

The problem is that this isn't a utility item, its a damage item with utility. This item has nothing to make it unattractive to AD carries. CDR is actually extremely nice on AD carries, AD carries generally just can't afford to put it in their builds.

chiefZzzzzzzzzzz

06-30-2012

I would buy this item as an AD carry. Sure it might provide 30 less AD than a Bloodthirster, but it also provides 20% armor penetration, 10% cooldown reduction (which is important if you have skills like Rocket Jump, Valkyrie, and 90 Caliber Net for positioning and escaping), and a nice active slow if for some reason you don't have Frozen Mallet or some form of CC.

Also, consider the build order. A carry wanting to buy a Bloodthirster is going to have to not buy much of anything until they get their hands on a 1600g B.F. Sword, and then they have to save up for the Bloodthirster recipe itself. With this item, they can stack two Long Swords for a Brutalizer, building their power up gradually and giving themselves a nice 10% CDR and flat 15 Armor Penetration at the end. After they've bought their Bilgewater Cutlass, they have 15 more AD, 5% more Lifesteal, 10% more CDR, and 15 more Armor Penetration than the AD carry who decided to go the Vampiric Scepter + B.F. Sword route; AND, assuming that both of these carries have received the same exact amount of gold in the same exact amount of time, our AD carry building the item in the OP has all of those stats before the other AD carry finishes their Bloodthirster.

The Blue Jelly

06-30-2012

In addition you don't have to charge up this thing- you do have to charge up a BT

Does make me want this for when I RADC (I die too much for BT lol), but I desperately DO NOT want this for when I play *anything else*. So No.

DERUDERUDERUDERU

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefZzzzzzzzzzz View Post
a nice active slow if for some reason you don't have Frozen Mallet or some form of CC..
I haven't seen an AD carry build Frozen Mallet in ages. Besides, almost every AD carry has some form of CC/ability to stick to a target so I don't see them building this item for that reason.

Quote:
Also, consider the build order. A carry wanting to buy a Bloodthirster is going to have to not buy much of anything until they get their hands on a 1600g B.F. Sword
From what I've seen AD carries will either rush BT or Infinity Edge on an AD Carry, so while you'll have a little more utility then your average carry, I don't see much more. By the time they picked up the full item, you could have a BT fully farmed and probably a zeal.

Really, I'd imagine bruisers would like this wayy more then ranged AD carries, their position moves have short enough CD's that 10% wouldn't help them, this item would be wayyy more useful on someone like Lee Sin or Riven.

Edited: Further nerfed the Arpen + Lifesteal, you're basically buying 1% lifesteal and Armor Penetration for 500g.

Bretay

07-28-2012

The idea is nice (I feel bilgewater needs more build paths) but I can definitely see AD carries taking this and dominating. I'd say push down the base damage. That would probably require changing the base damage on one of the two items that build into it (or both) in order to make sense, and that would require a whole slew of rebalancing that didn't need to happen.
Maybe make the recipe a long sword instead of brutalizer? You could decrease the damage and armor pen a little, decrease the recipe cost a very slight amount if at all (that would create a big jump somewhere in the building, balancing it w/ bf sword), and then you could leave other things untouched. Just my thoughts.