Ap atma's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gureedu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-28-2012

While this idea has been passed around a lot,mostly with negative votes,i would still like to post it up,though i understand rylais,zhonya's and rod of ages give health and armor,they still are not as efficient as warmogs on stacking health,you may argue a mage should not have much as they are burst,i agree,but my point is to stress on tanks like alistar,blitz,singed and amumu, most cases they either get to chose between high damage or extreme tankiness,while i do not deny,they have good amounts of health innate,it still would not suffice for a tank role when built ap,and when built fully tanky,they tend to loose out on damage,which an ad tank may possess,the item may seem op but we have to understand that no item is op,it is all the matter of ratios to be exact,so by providing a percentage of health as ap but rather a small percentage,an ap atma can be created which can be quite beneficial.

please do not down vote,tell me your opinions in comments

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

I'll tell you my opinion with a downvote AND a post. So you get EXACTLY why.

Reason number 1: Vladimir. That is all.

Reason number 2: AP already have high defense items. If those tanks want defense and damage, their best bets are usually Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's Ring. Particularly RoA on Singed.

Reason number 3: You're SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE. You don't get insane damage AND defense on anyone. Even the bruisers have to choose between building up their already good defenses, or increasing their damage. They don't get much of both with Atma's, because that requires other pure defense items (because the one offense item that scales well with Atma's is Frozen Mallet, which gives almost no AD and no other offense stats).

AP Atma's does not exist and will not exist in League of Legends for good reasons.

Gureedu

Recruiter

07-28-2012

well if you are supposed to choose,then why put ad atma's for ad tanks,it is not about insane damage,but basic amounts of damage,like i said it is all the matter of ratio's

JustMyBassCannon

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gureedu View Post
well if you are supposed to choose,then why put ad atma's for ad tanks,
It wasn't for AD tanks. It was ORIGINALLY for AD carries that need Armor, because it would give them crit and armor, and a bit of AD. Really helpful on champs like Sion or occasionally Garen.

Bruisers came out, and since then Atma's has been rebalanced for bruisers. Except almost nobody uses it now because apparently it's not as effective (if you disregard gold and item slots) as BF Sword+Chain Vest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gureedu View Post
it is not about insane damage,but basic amounts of damage,like i said it is all the matter of ratio's
An AP Atma's is not going to exist primarily because of Vladimir, but also because you already get better defense+offense options than AD champions.

Even more importantly is the fact that AP champions are supposed to fall off late game, while AD are supposed to scale well into late game. There are a couple exceptions to this, but for the most part it's how it goes.

FallenNecros

07-28-2012

Imagine Swain with AP Atma AND Zhonya.... Just no.. That will make tanky AP carries OP as hell..

Lazreal

07-28-2012

theres already one and it's stackable, Archangel Staff