Questions about Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fury Leika

09-09-2010

So, I nearly have 3150IP and have been thinking of buying a new champion, as the ones I own I'm not actually that good at, lol. Nidalee has caught my eye, her play style looks very fun and I've been against her once, and was impressed.

So, I have a few questions if anyone would be so kind as to answer them:
- What's her survivability like?
- Can she do burst damage?
- Is her human form ranged DPS?
- Is she good compared to other champions? Like, if she's been nerfed or something she might not be.

If any Nidalee experts can tell me a bit about how to play her, it would be nice. Or, if anyone knows of any guides it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm quite new to LoL so I don't really know where to look for a good guide.

Thanks!

Leib Olmai

09-09-2010

She isn't really tanky, but have good escape ability
She can gank and do pretty good burst damage
Yes her human form is "ranged" even if her range isnt as much as ashe, trist or miss fortune. But her range skill where she trow her lance is awsome
I would say she seem pretty balanced to me, not banned anywhere, in 3v3 she's one of the favorite. In 5v5 she's doing alright. Her trap help for map awarness, and she can put good damage.

The only thing with her is, she's hard to master, you'll really have to spend some time learning about her and know really how to play with.

xpsychedelico

09-09-2010

Nidalee is a very complex champion to play and master. If you're starting out, I really would not recommend her, but if you like a challenge, she will certainly make things difficult.

Nidalee has very strong early-mid game, but she tapers off late game. She's a very good ganker and should start off mid, but she's not so good in teamfights because she's pretty squishy, so she can't be in the middle of it. She does pretty good burst damage in cougar form with Sheen (although the recent change to Sheen may affect this slightly). Her human form is ranged DPS, and her cougar form is melee DPS. She is very good at escaping with her pounce, so it makes up for her squishiness. Since she's good at chasing and running away, she's good at "cleaning up." She's better off running around ganking all game, rather than huge teamfights.

Some ridiculously good Nidalees I've seen get ganked by three people, managed to survive and kill at least two, and get out safely, and sometimes go back in to kill the third. You have to know when to use which stance, and what you have to do to survive and/or kill. She's very good at kiting because of her pounce, her spear allows her to harass at a long range, and her heal allows her to never go back to base to heal. You want to try and always have both buffs as well.

Unfortunately I can't tell you more because I don't play her. But hopefully this gives you a better idea of what she can and cannot do. If I remember right, there's a livestream channel by some of the top ELO players in LoL, and one of them mains Nidalee, it will probably be worth watching. I will post a link if I can find it.

http://www.livestream.com/clgame/fol...b-ee65526551b4

Fury Leika

09-09-2010

Thanks a lot for the advice!

I don't want to make another topic, so could anyone reading this maybe tell me a bit about Kassadin? He's the other option on my "to buy" list.

Leib Olmai

09-09-2010

Kassadin is alot of fun to play. He's a assasin-type, pro at ganking and killing squishy.
He's also VERY situational. You most likely step back of the fight, pop-in when you see a good occasion to most likely KS or do some burst damage on a caster or squishy and try to get out as soon as possible to re-enter on the next opportunity.
His silence his nice to trow it time to time.He's most likely weak early game and can't do much before level 6.
Most poeple would call you a KS'er but, you really need some pratice with it to be good. He's also pretty good at chasing, but just don't get into trap, you'll die like a fly.

xpsychedelico

09-09-2010

Kassadin, again, is a difficult champion to master. He is a very good counter to a lot of champions due to his silences, and it will definitely be a boost to your team if you are a good Kassadin. He is extremely squishy, but capable of amazing burst damage. Lane presence wise, he isn't very strong until he gets his ult. He's also a very good chaser, and good at escaping too. You want to pick your targets wisely in fights, and position yourself well so that you don't draw aggro, and can escape when someone focuses on you.