A few questions about jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iconage

07-29-2012

work jungle in bot games to get hang of dif styles...

Keebos

07-29-2012

I suggest jungling with Nocturne. He is really good at jungling. I don't jungle with him much, but when I do I beast and I usually start jungling with him around evel 8 or so.

i love smegma

07-30-2012

i dont lane unless i am tank. i love jungling and counter jungling.

for jungling, i use lee sin, udyr, amumu, rammus, yi etc. BUT! if you want a sure kill at lvl 2, i would recommend lee sin. first blood 9/10 games. IF they have a jungler too.

HOW??
items: boots, 3 hp pots
summoner skills: smite, flash/exhaust
first skill: Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike (Q)

okay, firstly ask for leash for blue but dont take it and dont smite it. give it to your mid, you dont really need it at this stage. use hp pots. 2 if necessary.

go to their red asap, hide in the bush. *you havent used your smite yet*
lets say, their noc is jungling for red at this stage, wait until the lizard is low on hp, then smite it. (after smiting the lizard, you should be LVL 2 now. quickly hit your E) leaving noc vulnearable to your Q. Cast your Q to him, then Q again then BOOM! FIRST BLOOD!

THEN! gank their top or mid asap. i only jungle for red and wraiths, i dont stay much in the jungle. i constantly gank.

works all the time =) sorry for the bad english

add me for more questions.

i love s m e g m a (no spaces)

hinderlopen

07-30-2012

falling behind is going to happen when you dont keep up on your jungle camps. if you spend too much time ganking, or *attempting* to counterjungle the other jungler will slowly get a gold/xp advantage on you. So keeping a balance of ganking and clearing your own jungle is what you need to learn. NEVER wait around to gank for more than 40 seconds, a kill will barely make up for your loss of xp&gold/s and it's not guaranteed.

There are champions like shyvana, mundo, and udyr that can be really aggressive because they have blindingly fast clear times, and can spend less time in their own jungle to get the same xp/gold as other champions. This could mean an extra gank for them every run through the jungle or more opportunities to counterjungle and still not fall behind if these attempts fail.

Lee sin and trundle (why has no one mentioned the troll yet T_T ) are a different type of jungler. Their clear time is average but they can do their normal clearing in their opponent's jungle. They're really dangerous for other champions to fight and with red buff with probably get a kill 1v1. Trundle can easily jungle and be aggressive without full runes, but lee sin can run into a little bit of trouble with sustain.

and to remind you again, dont spent too much time ganking, you need to keep up on clearing your own jungle.

KeanuCleaves

07-31-2012

I think udyr is pretty easy to jungle with. He's not the best ganker - but is pretty forgiving since he is good at everything. Phoenix udyr has really fast clear times, and you can get reasonable ganks with flash bear stance. His turtle stance gives you sustain and can be very tanky late game.

Runes help a bunch btw but you can easily start jungling at lvl 20 when you can access lvl 3 runes. For tanky junglers I'd recommend 0/21/9 masteries, flat armor yellows, movement quints, AD or AS reds and scaling MR blues. I'd forgo the lvl 2 runes and fill out your pages with cheap lvl 1 runes waiting for lvl 3 runes.

Vengfulblades

08-05-2012

I dont have runes and can jungle cho and others. The leash on blue (or red for a few rare champs) is the most important (unless you invade) if you are new to jungling make sure your allies do a good amount of damage in the leash. Each champ has his own skills you have to look up to see how to jungle and each one has his lvl when he can effectively gank. its also important to have health potions because one early recall can have you lagging behind in xp. also know your creeps. golems have alot of health and wolves can attack fast ghosts are weak for any champ with AOE

Axxlon

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh View Post
I learned with Warwick, Malphite, and Amumu. However I haven't jungled Malph since his nerf.

And to the dude saying spend all your IP on champs till L30, BAD IDEA. Get a champ or two for roles you enjoy. Then master them and when you hit L20 start buying Tier 3 runes. If you get to L30 and have no rune pages your gonna get smoked.
Hence more proof as to why the rune system is bad design balance.

Dredsk

08-05-2012

Jungling is arguably the hardest role. However, I like it the most. I main jungle with Lee Sin and Noc, Nocturne being easier than Lee Sin. I used to fall behind a lot, what you need to do is constantly gank all lanes, counterjungle sometimes, build tanky (dont build full dps, a jungler sometimes need to initiate teamfights like malph or amumu). I like Leesin since he doesnt need blue at all, so he can pretty much start his jungle anywhere he wants. The problem with Lee sin is that he is hard to master.
Get noc. His ganks are really good pre 6 and pos 6 he is the nightmare of all laners. There are other junglers, but I think that when jungling you need something that can gank really well and use the laner's mistakes at your side, thats why I like lee and noc. Champions like olaf and warwick have good sustain but their ganks arent all that powerful, which makes me play toplane with them(Not with warwick, however).
Try to have your levels the same as the botlane at least, build gold items(Heart of gold/ philo stone) and always buy wards, ward dragon, baron and buffs. Gank even if you wont catch a kill, if you make the enemy flash or B he will lose EXP and gold, helping your team to get turrets and get to their nexus. If u get a kill you can get xp from the minions wave, sometimes get a turret(Too early is bad). At your level at blind pick you will find solo top vs 2, so gank alot there because many solo toppers cant fight 2 enemies. Otherwise, gank botlane. Midlane is hard to gank since it is really short, however, sometimes ganking mid is important. Remmember, you need to help lanes. Don't go clear camps if your lanes are struggling/feeding. Help them. Even if they blame you, do your best, being jungler aint easy but is really fun and when you master it you will lead your team to victory. Good Luck, add me ingame with you need any help (Dredsk) and sorry for my poor english.
Thank you