A few questions about jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Animal Man

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaltraX View Post
Give shaco a try.. And when you gank try to deceive to the target and throw a box behind them. So they can't escape. He is easy to jungle with
I heard he was easy to jungle with but hard to master and if you fall behind there is no coming back, that's why I am avoiding him right now, but I do really wanna learn how to play him.

Animal Man

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
Warwick doesn't need runes to jungle. Hell, he doesn't even need smite. But you should still take it.

I would spend all your IP on champions until you're closer to 30, you have a few champs that you enjoy, and the tier 3 runes are available.
I didn't know he didn't need smite, I still would probably bring it just in case but I will definitely try him out, thanks

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

amumu is a pretty easy jungle. as you said mundo and shyv are simple and have fast clears. udyr can be pretty good and you can probably play him without runes. for sure try warwick, he's not a great jungle, but he's extremely easy to play and you shouldn't need runes. xin was just buffed so i'd say he's a pretty safe pick and also nunu is pretty self explanatory easy jungle.

Kiljosh

07-28-2012

I learned with Warwick, Malphite, and Amumu. However I haven't jungled Malph since his nerf.

And to the dude saying spend all your IP on champs till L30, BAD IDEA. Get a champ or two for roles you enjoy. Then master them and when you hit L20 start buying Tier 3 runes. If you get to L30 and have no rune pages your gonna get smoked.

AlphariusRising

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalManLoL View Post
1. What level should I start jungling? I know I need runes to jungle effectively (and already have some) but I don't know if I should wait for tier 3 runes or not.
You can jungle without runes, but you have less options. You have to start cloth/5 and you have to have defensive masteries if you don't have runes for your champion, and even then, on some champs, you're going to jungle a lot slower and gank a lot less than you should. Skarner, for example, needs runes to be viable.

Quote:
2. Since I fell behind and really want to try and avoid falling behind again should I go for a champion with a faster jungle clear time (such as mundo, shyvana, etc) that do well in the jungle but when it comes to ganks are only average? Or should I go for someone with really strong ganks but not the best clear time?
Depends on your playstyle. My advice? Amumu. Two hard CCs, and he's probably the easiest jungler. Not the fastest, but super easy. Gotta hit them Qs though.

Quote:
3. I heard that Mundo, Shyvana, Malphite, and Olaf are really good to start jungling with, but are there anymore than just those that I could learn at a beginner level and still do well with?
Amumu, if you can hit skillshots, and Warwick if you know how to conserve mana.

Zeryz

07-28-2012

Whenever I get a new jungler I always make private custom games to test what build works best level 1
Then test how mana efficient the chracter is and decide whether to start red or blue and such forth.
Most champs will need leashes and should not start right at the buff mobs wraiths golems and puppies spawn at 1:40 which gives you 15 seconds to kill them and move to the buff mobs giving you a slight advantage in gold and exp.
If you jungle quickly and get a gank or two in you should out level most of your laning teammates pre level 6 then just keep pace with them and always keep moving, if you have to camp somewhere for a gank its probably not the best idea to be there and the time lost is exp+gold lost
I think of junglers as scavengers.

Mundo is pretty alright jungle. If you aim for champs without mana you can start at red buff and not get ganked level 1 at blue xD
Lee sin shaco mundo shyvanna and shen all don't need blue and have alright jungle potential.

KaltraX

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryz View Post
Whenever I get a new jungler I always make private custom games to test what build works best level 1
Then test how mana efficient the chracter is and decide whether to start red or blue and such forth.
Most champs will need leashes and should not start right at the buff mobs wraiths golems and puppies spawn at 1:40 which gives you 15 seconds to kill them and move to the buff mobs giving you a slight advantage in gold and exp.
If you jungle quickly and get a gank or two in you should out level most of your laning teammates pre level 6 then just keep pace with them and always keep moving, if you have to camp somewhere for a gank its probably not the best idea to be there and the time lost is exp+gold lost
I think of junglers as scavengers.,

Mundo is pretty alright jungle. If you aim for champs without mana you can start at red buff and not get ganked level 1 at blue xD
Lee sin shaco mundo shyvanna udyr and shen all don't have mana and have alright jungle potential.
shaco has mana so does udyr

Zeryz

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaltraX View Post
shaco has mana so does udyr
My bad on udyr.
Shaco doesn't need blue buff until around level 4 or 5 though.

Goozik

07-29-2012

1) Level needed is determined by the champ(s) used to jungle with. But in general 20+ is needed for some lvl 3 runes. Armor yellows is pretty much required by all junglers.

2)Falling behind is something that occasionally happens no matter what jungler you play. A failed gank(especially those where you die and give up a buff or both.) can set you a little behind XP wise.
Something that helped me the most was not trying to hard on early ganks. Go in, try to do a quick gank and return to jungling. Don't hang around waiting for them to push to you, or attempt ganking a turret hugger.

3)Shaco- You can go into a custom game and practice to your hearts desire. Shaco does not need a leash with his boxes. So custom game practice will directly translate to real game. He is all about snowballing the game early, but he also has the best ganks starting right away. (you can start red or blue buff and have a powerful gank a lane right away while your level 2 and everyone else is still level 1)

Couple things to know about jungling.
1-Always take Smite. If speeds up the process meaning it's easier to stay leveled in game. It allows you to counter jungle easier. It's also very important for dragon and baron control, when they are being contested by the other team it is smite's job to secure that for the team. Also, if you jungle w/out smite you are much more likely to get counter jungled.

2-Buffs take 5mins to respawn. So your killing of buff @ min #2 meaning they will be respawning @ min #7, Then #12 etc etc. This is very important to know for counter jungling. If you just saw their jungler die @ shortly before the 7th minute, go take their blue then run to yours and give it to your mid lane. Many junglers are blue buff dependent for decent clear times. Stealing their 7min buff is one of the best ways to help your team win the game early.

3-Knowing when you can solo dragon, or need help is very important. Some junglers(like shaco) can solo it right at level 6 and there by control dragon for the next few spawns. Knowing when you need help and can get it is just as important. When you bot lane kills their bot lane and they have some health left, you have to recognize this and take charge by leading(pinging too) dragon. Remember that dragon is a 6min respawn, and gives your teamates(both alive and dead) 190gold each. That's nearly 1K for your team .

4-Communication and pinging are key. If you know your jungle route doesn't let you gank until Xmins/levels, then let your teammates know. If your first set of actions means you focus on ganking on certain lanes, let the odd lane out know they are on their own for a while. So they can ward and play passive etc. Ping before every gank attempt, really important when multiple enemys are in lane. Make you target clear. If your taking a buff then want to gank, say so. It'll give your teammates a chance to let enemy push so you can attempt a better gank.

5-Wards, as a jungler you are the most likely person to be in different parts of the map to ward for your team effectively. Your wriggles latern is not enough wards! This is super important for dragon early-mid game and Baron for later game. Also really helpful to lay a ward on one side of mid lane often, so your mid can either hug that side to not get ganked, or place their wards on the other half for full vision. Which side really depends on if one of your lanes is losing resulting in enemy from that lane roaming mid for ganks.

hotfire

07-29-2012

Nunu and I are homies for life. The yeti knows the way.

Jax is indeed a good jungler but he is somewhat rune / tequenique dependent.

Armor yellows and attack speed reds is a helpful set for any jungler