A few questions about jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Animal Man

07-28-2012

(Before I begin I want to say that I have looked into jungling and a few of these questions already, but since most replies were from a year ago and the "meta" has changed some since then I would like to see what the current "meta" has to offer.)

I am currently level 17 and was forced to jungle because of "troll" teammates, I didn't know who to pick and ended up attempting to jungle jax (who I heard was a decent jungler) but I had never jungled him before, so I got stomped on.

I want to start jungling alot, but when I tried to do it with Jax I noticed I got behind in levels and end up suffering badly, so I have a few questions I would like answered please

1. What level should I start jungling? I know I need runes to jungle effectively (and already have some) but I don't know if I should wait for tier 3 runes or not.

2. Since I fell behind and really want to try and avoid falling behind again should I go for a champion with a faster jungle clear time (such as mundo, shyvana, etc) that do well in the jungle but when it comes to ganks are only average? Or should I go for someone with really strong ganks but not the best clear time?

3. I heard that Mundo, Shyvana, Malphite, and Olaf are really good to start jungling with, but are there anymore than just those that I could learn at a beginner level and still do well with?

Any helpful replies would be greatly appreciated.

Elflordprobie

07-28-2012

Serious question. Did u try ganking? You start jungling at lvl one at blue buff. thats all i know really srry.

Animal Man

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elflordprobie View Post
Serious question. Did u try ganking? You start jungling at lvl one at blue buff. thats all i know really srry.
Yes I tried ganking, multiple times, but since it was Jax and the fact that his early game is weak I wasn't able to successfully gank and started falling behind.

TCM Killer

07-28-2012

Unfortunatly jungling pre tier 3 runes is difficult to do. That is why you don't see jungling too often pre lvl 30. Yi and Shaco are two junglers that are easy to clear with and can be done without the runes for them. I wouldnt suggest them after you become more skilled in jungling. I myself main Naut/malp/mumu but that is with custom sets of runes/masteries for them.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Warwick is the #1 jungler to start jungling with. No runes needed, easy ganks post-6. He is who taught me how to jungle with ease.

Animal Man

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllyrianKiller View Post
Unfortunatly jungling pre tier 3 runes is difficult to do. That is why you don't see jungling too often pre lvl 30. Yi and Shaco are two junglers that are easy to clear with and can be done without the runes for them. I wouldnt suggest them after you become more skilled in jungling. I myself main Naut/malp/mumu but that is with custom sets of runes/masteries for them.
I actually see a jungler almost every game at my level :S none are really amazing though and your comment helps explain why, thanks

Savackz

07-28-2012

Add me: Savackz. I can help with 99% of the questions.

Animal Man

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
Warwick is the #1 jungler to start jungling with. No runes needed, easy ganks post-6. He is who taught me how to jungle with ease.
I completely forgot about him! I will definitely consider picking him up and trying him out soon, thanks for your answer

KaltraX

07-28-2012

Give shaco a try.. And when you gank try to deceive to the target and throw a box behind them. So they can't escape. He is easy to jungle with

advancedAI

07-28-2012

Warwick doesn't need runes to jungle. Hell, he doesn't even need smite. But you should still take it.

I would spend all your IP on champions until you're closer to 30, you have a few champs that you enjoy, and the tier 3 runes are available.