The official pony thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

This just in: Season 3 gives most of the attention to the under-appreciated ponies, and very less to the mane 6.

More at 11.

bunny milkshake

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Pretzel View Post
This just in: Season 3 gives most of the attention to the under-appreciated ponies, and very less to the mane 6.

More at 11.
But this would probably contradict a lot of fanfics for characters that don't have personalities yet.
It's hard enough already following four different Lunas ):

Einheria Valesti

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Pretzel View Post

More at 11.

That'd be a terrible idea considering most of the background ponies are there for just that, to be in the background, they're not meant to have personalities really, they're just fun little nods to the fandom.
Every since lauren faust left the show they've been spending less and less time developing the characters and more time making it a gag show =/ season 2 was great but i want more episodes based on the mane 6 or the CMC's when they actually develop as characters like they did in season 1

Einheria Valesti

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny milkshake View Post
But this would probably contradict a lot of fanfics for characters that don't have personalities yet.
It's hard enough already following four different Lunas ):

At that point it'd be the fanfics contradicting the show, what the show says is canon is canon, they're not gonna develop it around the (for the most part) poorly written fanfics

Any luna who isn't socially awkward and easily upset is a fake luna imo

bunny milkshake

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibalung View Post
At that point it'd be the fanfics contradicting the show, what the show says is canon is canon, they're not gonna develop it around the (for the most part) poorly written fanfics

Any luna who isn't socially awkward and easily upset is a fake luna imo
Indeed, it puts fantastic fics down ):
All the Lunas are socially awkward, but there's still a lot of them :O

Microgravituss

08-23-2012

I think all the secondary characters need their own episodes. (Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon, Lyra, Bon Bon, Dr. Whooves, Derpy, etc)

They also need reappearances for characters that only showed up once, like Trixie.

Microgravituss

08-23-2012

Quote:
That'd be a terrible idea considering most of the background ponies are there for just that, to be in the background, they're not meant to have personalities really, they're just fun little nods to the fandom.
I disagree. South Park did at least one episode with all of the secondary characters as a major character, and it only made the show better.

Einheria Valesti

08-23-2012

well thats one episode, i have no problem if say, the mane 6 get ponynapped and derpy, lyra, octavia, vinyl and bon-bon have to save them over the course of 2 eps.

but i like them being silly background characters with no "canon" personality, its what's allowed the community to come up with all the awesome stories behind them.
like what if they show decided Lyra is a studious bookworm like twilight, that'd ruin the fanon of lyra desperately wanting to be human and being as weird as she is in all the fan made stuff.
I think they know all that and dont really have any plans on defining the BG characters other than maybe a voice or two. ( or 6 in bon-bon's case xD)

Einheria Valesti

08-24-2012

Now that I know Wonderbolts loves ol' cheese legs here I guess I can start dumping some pictures of her instead of Diamond Tiara <.<

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Now that I know Wonderbolts loves ol' cheese legs here I guess I can start dumping some pictures of her instead of Diamond Tiara <.<
because shes beautiful :')