Win lane or not feed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

newrbstomped

07-28-2012

Is it more important to win the lane or not give the enemy kills? Like if you can either win lane by losing kills in trades but getting kills and outfarming in a duo lane or lose lane and give no kills.

Hahnu Kriid

07-28-2012

Or, how about win the lane and not give any kills? I think that works best :P

Wazzoo

07-28-2012

If you're losing your lane, it is better 10 times out of 10 to just hang back and farm at your turret. You may miss cs and it may let the other team free farm but its much better than them getting kills and then free farming anyway while you're dead.

Ohasis

07-28-2012

It also depends who is getting the kills. If you're playing bot lane with a support, and your support is getting kills while their ad carry is getting kills, not worth it either.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

It's better to trade kills, if they're sitting under their tower farming, if you end up getting a big wave of minions. This way they get denied all that exp, and you can come back to win your lane by even more.

newrbstomped

07-29-2012

Thanks for the responses.

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

I can't believe people are encouraging trading. You should never trade kills if you are ahead unless its intended to secure an objective (get dragon / baron or defend / destroy a turret). If you are trading while aheax, you are closing the gold and xp gap between you and your opponebt. They will get more xp if you are higher level and more gold if you have a killstreak.

DirtyJs

07-29-2012

if ur 5th pick, play safe and don't die
if ur 1st pick, u should go for kills if it's 90% safe

that's my 2c anyway

FeedingTrollNoob

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevara View Post
I can't believe people are encouraging trading. You should never trade kills if you are ahead unless its intended to secure an objective (get dragon / baron or defend / destroy a turret). If you are trading while aheax, you are closing the gold and xp gap between you and your opponebt. They will get more xp if you are higher level and more gold if you have a killstreak.
This. This.

No dude I'm pro, I got 22 kills. Yeah, and you died 23 times, you didn't help at all.

Quick Rawr

07-29-2012

These typically go hand in hand. The person that got more kills has better items and typically farms/harasses better.

I'm confused on the question due to this.