Kay so it's time to get real about Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmikau

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brovo View Post
Maybe if they capped the amount he could get on his Q or reworked it altogether he'd be easier to buff?.
Unfortunately people are really opposed to this. They like the unique feel the no-cap q gives Nasus. I do too, honestly, but not so much that I wouldn't give it up to be able to have him be playable in ranked.

USS BUTTPEE

07-28-2012

This is something that's very overlooked. A team that can protect their AD carry can actually DEAL with a farmed Nasus because the AD carry will just melt Nasus then proceed to melt the rest of the team. Protect the Kog is a hard counter to even a farmed Nasus. It's kind of sad, actually.

This is ridiculous, Q NEEDS a cap. Nasus will never be in a reasonable spot until it is. His kit is too bound up by the fact that his scaling is potentially infinite. That unique "Nasus feel" is really just something that becomes frustrating and obnoxious the more you deal with it. Even if you're the one playing him.

Darmikau

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyyyyyy View Post
This is something that's very overlooked. A team that can protect their AD carry can actually DEAL with a farmed Nasus because the AD carry will just melt Nasus then proceed to melt the rest of the team. Protect the Kog is a hard counter to even a farmed Nasus. It's kind of sad, actually.

This is ridiculous, Q NEEDS a cap. Nasus will never be in a reasonable spot until it is. His kit is too bound up by the fact that his scaling is potentially infinite. That unique "Nasus feel" is really just something that becomes frustrating and obnoxious the more you deal with it. Even if you're the one playing him.
I think another point I failed to hit on that goes along with this is the feel of the power vs. it's actual relativity. By the time you're at like +300 or +400 on your Q, getting last hits with it still feels really good, but relatively speaking, you're scaling much slower than other champions in the game at that point - AD carries are going to thwomp your team because they can rack up farm and kills in seconds, and you're still stuck getting +3 damage every 4 seconds because it feels like the right thing to do. It's hard to identify and "I should stop point" because it feels like you're still getting a lot stronger, even if you're not.

Darmikau

07-28-2012

Gonna keep this bumped and hopefully get some red on it.

Crazylockdown

07-28-2012

Maybe a buff to his mana regen or lower the cost on Spirit Fire so he can hold his own against tough lane matchups.

Darmikau

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazylockdown View Post
Maybe a buff to his mana regen or lower the cost on Spirit Fire so he can hold his own against tough lane matchups.
Better mana costs in general, I'd hope.

I also wouldn't be opposed to keeping the mana costs on his W E and R the same and making his Q have no cost, so he can trade until he's oom and not be completely excluded from farming. Not sure if that would be OP.

Jolan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

So what exactly do you aim for with these changes to Nasus? What part of his kit do you want to change?

If we want to keep the feel of Nasus, that's 2 things - infinite Q scaling with farm, and farming top lane like an AD carry until he's ready to carry. So, the changes would have to keep those 2 feelings while not straight up buffing or nerfing him.

So, what kind of changes do you propose, Darm? What can we change about the Jackalgod we all know and love?

Darmikau

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
So what exactly do you aim for with these changes to Nasus? What part of his kit do you want to change?

If we want to keep the feel of Nasus, that's 2 things - infinite Q scaling with farm, and farming top lane like an AD carry until he's ready to carry. So, the changes would have to keep those 2 feelings while not straight up buffing or nerfing him.

So, what kind of changes do you propose, Darm? What can we change about the Jackalgod we all know and love?
I'm actually not entirely sure, because his strengths an weaknesses are a mixed bag. With Lee or Ezreal, it's pretty easy to tell what's strong and what's weak. The difference with Nasus is that he has a lot of potential that may or may not shine through. I'd start with looking at his early game, but it's really, really hard to tell if buffing his early game while leaving his late game would make him too strong, because so many factors play into it (such as how hard he gets kited). As far a non-rework buffs go, Hyfe laid out some pretty good ones. In terms of re-working his power curve, I'd have to give it way more thought, stuff along the lines of Wither giving him a % of the MS it drains sounds good on paper, but might be incredibly tough to balance, or might no be the right place to give him power. It's a similar story with the idea of making his Q have no cost, or a much lower cost.

Darmikau

07-28-2012

Queuing up for game 2, looks like I'm jungling. We'll see how it goes (I don't expect well, but you never know).

Fiery Flare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Nasus just needs specialized runes and masteries. Most people play him with runes and masteries that are fit for other bruisers, but Nasus needs to be extra tanky, especially with champs such as Riven and Darius that can kill him easily. Get a page with extreme amounts of armor and more tanky masteries instead of your 21/9/0, get cloth armor and pots, and philo stone and ignore the enemy and farm.

Although sometimes Nasus gets kited too hard, and even with a tanky build you still die. And Nasus encourages a playstyle that doesn't help his team, just continue farming at any time. Take teleport to fix this though.