Kay so it's time to get real about Nasus

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ippiki Okami

07-27-2012

Nasus is a hard one, in some was he is fine, in others he is lack luster.

Problem is to keep him balanced with changes you would probably have to give up his kit all together and replace it with a totaly new and different kit.

Just my opinion.

Sybil Cut

07-27-2012

Honestly? TL;DR because I'm tired and about to go to bed.

Bump for your effort, bookmarked cause I will read tomorrow.

Jimyd

07-27-2012

Mid picks Morgana = You pick Nasus.

Your top goes Rumble/Vlad/Kayle = Auto-Won.

Nasus also basically wins against Singed.

Darmikau

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimyd View Post
Mid picks Morgana = You pick Nasus.

Your top goes Rumble/Vlad/Kayle = Auto-Won.
Yeah but then you miss out on your burst AP caster.

Though I do like the idea of going Nasus mid vs. Morg. She's pretty much ungankable anyway.

KarlWayneJenkins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

Great post. I think a minor mana cost buff would go a long way in making him feel more powerful without giving him too much raw power. I think you underestimate his early game strength. His q is an attack timer reset with a 1.0 ratio. Even unfarmed an attack timer reset is very strong. The aoe on spirit fire did receive a buff in half its damage being frontloaded. Its really hard to buff a champion like nasus's early game when his end game is so monster. Yes he is VERY reliant on farming his Q. Sorry man that's what he does. Passive lifesteal and a low CD attack timer reset seems strong on paper. I can't really see them buffing him without creating some problems. Free sustain in lane is a problem and without some corresponding nerfs I would imagine they are hesitant to make any buffs ( look at Irelia).
I like Nasus but I don't know how much they could buff him without it really showing. Maybe you can get a red in here for some real discussion?

AdamSS

07-27-2012

he needs a buff.

Darmikau

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlWayneJenkins View Post
Its really hard to buff a champion like nasus's early game when his end game is so monster.
See that's the line of thinking I want to try and dispel. This was true months, years ago maybe. But AD carries are so strong right now, and many bruisers have come out or been changed. Is his late game really that much stronger than Olaf or Jax? I'd say a late-game Jax is just as strong as a late-game Nasus, but Jax has a great laning phase too. Tryndamere, the ultimate weak early -> strong late champion, now has a pretty good early game after he got reworked some months ago.

When people say Nasus' late-game is all powerful, I look at champions like these, and they're just as or nearly as powerful, without the terrible early game. And they get things like gap-closers too. Jax gets an AoE stun, Olaf gets immune to CC. Nasus gets his single target slow, and his ultimate for AoE damage. That makes him unique, and I like that, but it also gives him some really nasty weaknesses - kiting foremost. And when you combine what Nasus has to give up for what he gets, I think the trade-off just isn't worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlWayneJenkins View Post
Maybe you can get a red in here for some real discussion?
Hopefully!

Buru Diman

07-27-2012

Ouch, write a book man... I might remember that should read this later...

Darmikau

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
Ouch, write a book man... I might remember that should read this later...
You should've seen my Ezreal thread.

Darmikau

07-27-2012

Bump

123456 ... 9