How is my Mordekaiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtW NeoN

09-09-2010

9/0/21

An average build ends up looking like (in no particular order);

Sorcerer's Shoes
Force of Nature
Thornmail
Sunfire Cape
Banshee's Veil
Warmog's (Last item) or another Sunfire/Situational item.

I play with Ignite Teleport (Easier ganks/ghosts, and easier midding/laning/farming overall)

Last 3 games or so ended up ;

37-17-40

What do you guys think of him as a tank? I kind of dislike the fact that I need to get Rylai's to have any form of CC, but he is really useful in teamfights due to his ult. I also get my entire build by 44 minutes.

Redenbacher

09-09-2010

The build may work now, but as you get more games in, it's effectiveness will wane, in my opinion.

As a tank... he's not a very effective tank. You have no CC, no means of forcing a fight... and by rushing Thornmail and FoN... you're not giving the enemy much incentive to focus you, thus they are killing your team instead.

If you don't want to use Rylai's, then at least use Frozen Hammer - the slow works for your pet too. Either one allows you to choose a target that will not escape so long as you have the DPS to bring them down. Morde's DPS is primarily increased with Magic Penetration, and CDR.

All of that said, I'm going to insert a shameless plug and direct you to my guide :
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=232919

There are other good guides as well, such as HeatnServe and SyeBlaze, both of which have inspired in one way or another the way I play Mordekaiser.

NJ Fury S

09-09-2010

thornmail is too situational....it either needs olaf Yi Trist twitch or Xin to even be effective late game.
Banshees veil is not worth the gold spent on wasted mana stats and warmogs last is horrid since you want it first to build the stacks (bad item for mord in general anyway)

An excellent core build is this
Spirit visage/sorc shoes/ Randuins omen...........these 3 items give mord everything he needs to get started MR/Armor/CC/Health regen/ CDR (very important with his dmg output)

And after those you can build whatever the situation requires...
Lots of casters? Build FoN

More Melee?
Build sunfires

Never buy rylias since AP is bad on mord and the slow from frozen mallet is more effective blah blah

Are they escaping too much?
Build Frozen mallet

LORDMERLIN69

09-09-2010

banshee's veil on a champ with no mana?

bad kid is bad.

AtW NeoN

09-09-2010

Good posts guys. I forgot to mention I usually get Rand's Omen at some point in the build for the AoE slow and overall great stats. Usually in place of Thornmail. If they don't have any AP threat, then I usually do sunfires instead of FoN, but still pick up a Banshees if I get CCed down a lot. Banshees is a great tank item, regardless if the mana is wasted.

Banshee's Veil: Total Cost is 2.7k.
450 HP
57 Magic Resist
Anti CC Passive that can't Stack

Sunfire Cape: Total cost is 2.6k.
450 HP
45 Armor
Farming Passive that can Stack

So picking up 1 is in no ways bad. It is incredibly cost efficient against any team with a few casters.

Carados

09-09-2010

You're building tank on a character with no initiation, and thus no reason to build tank. Basically, your build relies on the enemy team never having heard the phrase "Don't focus the tank" to be useful.

Double that, you're building Sunfire on Morde, which is a big "no-no" if you want to read his abilities. Plus, just like every other character in the game, you should be building a Randuin's Omen first.

Warmogs is worthless on Morde. You're building Sorc Boots instead of Merc Treads, which is pretty much required in every game. You should either be rushing a Spirit Visage or a Warden's Mail. Rylais/Frozen Mallet/Randuin is required.

Rushing Force of Nature is a terrible idea, you're doing the worst possible start for Morde (Regrowth) and you're depending on a situational defensive item that doesn't even work well on Mordekaiser.

SlackWareWolf

09-09-2010

It's basically the same as every other build on Mobafire...Except mine of course.

Basically, I like using either lots of Armor and Magic Resist, or, I'll go straight up Magic Pen and AP, and then use these items:

Boots of Mobility, Malady, Phantom Dancer, Nashor's Tooth, Warmog's Armor, and then either another Warmog's Armor, or, maybe another Malady, or Void Staff even.

Mordekaiser hits pretty hard but it's REALLY slow, so adding all that speed makes it crazy good. I don't use Sunfire Capes much. Magic Pen and AP Runes, and then the Items, of course you can change a few to make it so he has more AP, but Cooldown Reduction and speed from Nashor's Tooth works well, and with Malady, more speed, Life steal to use your abilities easier, and so on, and Phantom Dancer even more speed, and then critical and movement speed... I've Solod turrets and done a super turret dive on their platform once, and got them. Pretty impressive for someone who isn't using Tryn.

Carados

09-09-2010

Just a reminder that Morde's damage stats are, in order, Cooldown Reduction, Magic Penetration, AP/Crit Chance/Attack Damage, and then Attack Speed last.

And I'm not even going into any other other things wrong with that post.

PerAnon

09-10-2010

Early Randuin's Omen is a great choice for Morde, and Sorc Shoes are correct. I highly recommend Abyssal Scepter as a good MR item - buy the negatron first, then complete it. The AP isn't amazing on Morde, but the MR debuff is very strong, and helps your team too.

Sunfire is a good item depending on their team, since it can be hard to force ranged people to stay near you, but I wouldn't recommend Warmog's ever - HP stacking is worse than Armor/MR for Morde by far, as you want to optimize Morde's shield as much as possible.