Amumus despair.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallam

07-27-2012

Its really rough playing against amumu when he can just turn on the fountain works and there is no repercussion for it since the innate mana regen on the map compensates for the mana used for despair. I'd like to see Riot address this, but of course it'll be the summoner rift players that'll be crying if they touch him.

otirruborez

07-27-2012

doesn't really do much damage.

you can say the same for many abilities thanks to the mp regen.

Panwar

07-27-2012

It doesn't really use up much mana anyways. When I'm in SR I just turn it on all fight as well.

Buy some MR.

0shi

07-27-2012

His despair is his weakest move and should be levelled last.
Amumu goes oom very easily even on Dom until you have AT LEAST a glacial shroud, and even then he's only got one fight in him before a B. RoA / Athene's players probably have a better experience.
I'm not saying Amumu isn't super sercret double delta overpowered, but you've completely missed the reasons why... His amazing CC, his decent damage from tantrum / q / r while built tank, his long range initiate and his 1:1 scaling on ult and Q.

KingofChickens

07-27-2012

the only way his w gets really annoying is if he has a rylais, then he is a walking ball of slow, which just adds to the main reason 0shi say's he's good, you just end up using w as a soft cc with some damage built in.

FDru

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
His despair is his weakest move and should be levelled last.
Amumu goes oom very easily even on Dom until you have AT LEAST a glacial shroud, and even then he's only got one fight in him before a B. RoA / Athene's players probably have a better experience.
I'm not saying Amumu isn't super sercret double delta overpowered, but you've completely missed the reasons why... His amazing CC, his decent damage from tantrum / q / r while built tank, his long range initiate and his 1:1 scaling on ult and Q.
Despair is his highest DPS ability by far, unless you're getting beaten on by gigantic creep waves. It does about 100 damage per second at max rank (to a 2000 HP target, and with 100 AP). In order for Tantrum to compete with that he needs max CDR and needs to be autoattacked at least 3 times between casts. Despair also does much more damage per mana spent.

Tantrum is better in certain situations but should definitely not be leveled before Despair.

0shi

07-27-2012

Better mathematically, worse in practice due to delayed damge vs burst.
*shrug*
I also don't think your conditions are too onerous, especially max cooldown reduction, which you need need need for Q stuns.

LadysKnight

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Despair is his highest DPS ability by far, unless you're getting beaten on by gigantic creep waves. It does about 100 damage per second at max rank (to a 2000 HP target, and with 100 AP). In order for Tantrum to compete with that he needs max CDR and needs to be autoattacked at least 3 times between casts. Despair also does much more damage per mana spent.

Tantrum is better in certain situations but should definitely not be leveled before Despair.
Despair might be betteron tank Amumu but have you ever played AP? R>Q>E>W every time because you are forced to burst in, deal massive damage, then walk away, burst back in, repeat.

FDru

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadysKnight View Post
Despair might be betteron tank Amumu but have you ever played AP? R>Q>E>W every time because you are forced to burst in, deal massive damage, then walk away, burst back in, repeat.
Yeah I have. It's not a good build. (It's also getting nerfed hard next patch, but that's beside the point.) Despair is still better with an AP build assuming you get 2 seconds worth of it (which you should even if you're jousting, which by the way is extremely difficult in most cases since you will get CCed a ton, and more time in melee = more time for Despair to be doing damage).

0shi

07-28-2012

I don't like AP mummy either, I've seen enemies play it and it's fearsome for the two seconds or so after they attack and ult, but tank mummy has real fight presence with consistent cc and the survivability to live under a tower or under heavy fire... I'd pick AP mummy if the team already had a bunch of tankiness, but then again, I wouldn't pick mummy if the team had a bunch of tankiness already.
EDIT: Regarding the AP mummy nerfs next patch, they're probably called for. I've been thinking for a while about how similar Leona's base damages are to Amumu's, but how her scaling is so much lower, and it occurs to me that Amumu is the exception not the rule. Him and Singed (Malphite? Nerfed once already, not sure) are probably the best scaling tanks in the game, and Singed / Malphite have alot less CC.