Doran's For Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ssenkrad II

07-23-2012

There is a Dorans for AD, HP, and AP, but none that are really great for jungle. (Doran's Blade has been brought up as it has been used by a remote few champions in a remote amount of cases... Two junglers that MIGHT use it doesnt make my point mute) There should be a Doran's item for the jungle, that gives you an advantage over taking other items but lacks anything it can build into. It would have to have more value than clothe armor + 5 health potions or boots of speed + 3 potions as these are the two most common routes for the jungle, while making it an item that would only be useful to people in the jungle. Some suggestions:

Doran's Belt- 475
+80 Health
Passive: Incoming damage from target minion/monster is reduced by 8
Passive: Your basic attacks deal 15 bonus magic damage against target minion/monster and restore 5 health.

Doran's Belt- 475
+80 Health
+ 10 damage vs target minion or monster
Passive: 10% life steal against minion/monsters

Doran's Belt- 475
+100 Health
Passive: You return 24 damage against minion and monster attacks
+10 health regen

Edit: A note to bring up as a common misguided... blanky blank blank comments... is that people will stack the item and become OP. This is just...blank... All of the abilities on the item will just make you take less damage and deal more damage to minion/monsters. If you stacked this item your ganks would be worthless as all you would gain is some extra hp (minimal compaired to HoG which gives you much more and gold proc), the other stats would have no effect on enemy champs. To say this would make junglers OP is stupid... And to say that people will be able to outlevel the lanes? Oh please... Mundo and Maokai can jungle without end as it is, and they never pass lanes in levels- please get a brain... It is almost impossible to pass the lanes in levels unless they are feeding like crazy in which case it wouldnt matter what the jungle was doing...

While I am at it, why not a Doran's for Supports? Since I am getting downvoted with no real feedback already, might as well keep them coming. This will still give you enough gold for one sight ward, but the numbers on it make it not worth a Dorans Ring which gives you a +5 mana and +15 ability power. You lose the +15 ability power and +2 mana regen while gaining +1 gold proc. If someone says this would be abused by someone else OR make supports OP I am just going to cry for you...

Dorans Crown- 400
+80 Health
+3 Mana regen
+1 gold/5 secs

aphronyaa

07-23-2012

There is a doran's item for jungle.
It's called doran's blade.

Ssenkrad II

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongNyaa View Post
There is a doran's item for jungle.
It's called doran's blade.
I have honestly never seen it used in jungle, hahaha... But nice try... I've seen people go straight life steal in the jungle to start (building into wriggles) but i have never seen a blade used nor have i ever seen it listed in jungle guides. Clothe+5 or boots+3 are the most common hands down. The attack damage on a blade in the jungle isnt enough to make a difference unless you have the attack speed to back it up (like the ad carries do) the hp is nice but weak and the 3% life steal means nothing for a jungle as far as sustain. The only junglers who could even make dorans blade work would be champions like Master Yi who have a built in healing system in place, and even then it would be a waste...

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssenkrad II View Post
There is a Dorans for most positions in the game, other than jungle. There should be a Doran's item for the jungle just like all the other positions, that gives you an advantage over taking other items but lacks anything it can build into. It would have to have more value than clothe armor + 5 health potions or boots of speed + 3 potions as these are the two most common routes for the jungle, while making it an item that would only be useful to people in the jungle. Some suggestions:

Doran's Belt- 475
+80 Health
Passive: Incoming damage from target minion/monster is reduced by 8
Passive: Your basic attacks deal 30 bonus magic damage against target minion/monster and restore 10 health.

Doran's Belt- 475
+100 Health
+ 10 damage reduction vs target minion or monster
Passive: You have a 20% chance to restore 10% of your life upon killing target minion/monster

Doran's Belt- 475
+120 Health
Passive: You return 24 damage against minion and monster attacks
+10 health regen
While the idea of a Jungle Specific Dorans is cool, those suggestions are OP and would be grabbed by most champions in lane as well.
For balancing purposes it should have no more than +100hp

Doran's Cloak
+80 Health
+14 Armor
Passive: Basic attacks deal 6 bonus damage to monsters

Though it could potentially be too powerful, I have made certain that its only appeal would be for jungling.
Like all Doran's Items, it gives everything required for the Jungling Role.
Health, Armor and faster clearing.
It gives more Armor than D.Shield but the same health as the rest of the Doran's items, the bonus damage is specific to Jungle Monsters only, to prevent stacking of the item to clear lanes quickly.

Autocthon

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssenkrad II View Post
I have honestly never seen it used in jungle, hahaha... But nice try... I've seen people go straight life steal in the jungle to start (building into wriggles) but i have never seen a blade used nor have i ever seen it listed in jungle guides. Clothe+5 or boots+3 are the most common hands down. The attack damage on a blade in the jungle isnt enough to make a difference unless you have the attack speed to back it up (like the ad carries do) the hp is nice but weak and the 3% life steal means nothing for a jungle as far as sustain. The only junglers who could even make dorans blade work would be champions like Master Yi who have a built in healing system in place, and even then it would be a waste...
Riven and Lee Sin commonly start DBlade for jungling.

DlEG0

07-24-2012

fiddle uses dorans ring, riven/lee/tiger udy/eve/etc. start blade.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Idea is OP.
Dorans aren't for specific lane anyway, they are for champion categories.
Shield:tank, bruiser, Melee fighters.
Blade: AD carries, some fighters.
Ring: casters.

Umezete

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Riven and Lee Sin commonly start DBlade for jungling.
This, I can't even jungle lee sin with boots hps or cloth hps anymore. His clear time is so much better with blade and its sutainable due to his w.

Same for riven, she gets sustained jungle from a blade due to her e and that her q procs lifesteal.

Augustice

07-24-2012

Doran's Shield is pretty much the jungle dorans.

hinderlopen

07-24-2012

the first is op with those numbers (really good for duels in lane), although a good idea. The second is op in lane, and the third is waaay op for mundo, but kinda needs some sustain to be viable in the jungle. The cloak idea was also cool, but still needs sustain.