Fixing lifesteal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

07-27-2012

So I just wanted to say before I start discussing this, no I'm not crying about some AD carry that whipped my ass because he had too much sustain, I think the amount of sustain they have in teamfights is fine, BUT:

about 2 or 3 months ago Riot nerfed both the bloodthirster and the vampiric scepter...saying that they didn't like the way AD carries could be at 1/4 health after a teamfight, go into the jungle kill a couple of creeps and be back at 100% health in a few seconds..However the nerf they provided didn't exactly fix this...AD carries still do this all the time..

So how I suggest fixing this, let's paint a picture:

Graves Uber fed with 2 bloodthirsters 50% life steal etc, around 300 AD... Now while life steal doesn't seem overpowered in teamfights, against minions is another story. In teamfights, enemies have armor weakening AD carries overall damage, thus lowering their life steal...HOWEVER minions have a tiny amount of armor, allowing AD carries to do maximum damage against them. so let's say he's facing a minon with 500HP, first hit does 300, then does another does 300 HP...like that, with one minion killed he gained 300HP in less than a second, do that against 4 more minions and he just gained a quick 1500HP against half of a minion wave..So what I suggest is, cut life steal (and this can be applied to spell vamp as well) so that if the hit deals the killing blow, it only heals for however much the enemy had left...So if you deal a critical blow against a minion for 700 damage when it only had 100 health left anyways, it should only heal for 50 instead of 350..This fix would allow AD carries to keep their sustain in teamfights and against baron or dragon, but force them to farm minions for a little bit longer if they want to regain all of their health. Thoughts?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

If Lifesteal only worked based on how much damage you actually dealt to their HP instead of based on the damage number that pops up, it would probably balance that out more.

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

well spell vamp doesnt need it since only a select few can really do that well with it. and it has gotten nerfed 3 time a row lifesteal only once. but as for AD carry yeah lifesteal is based...... on life not damg done. so then you would have to rename to sumthing else.

Magma Armor0

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon14th View Post
well spell vamp doesnt need it since only a select few can really do that well with it. and it has gotten nerfed 3 time a row lifesteal only once. but as for AD carry yeah lifesteal is based...... on life not damg done. so then you would have to rename to sumthing else.
but how can you steal life that isn't there?