Dominion is ****ing retarded

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComet View Post
Just to chime in here, when I play my player matches, when I'm running a support character I take the 1st spot through the sheer number of captures I have, not through my KDR.

Hell, most of my Poppy games I point at my capture count more than my kill count
Captures arent that important. I usually have very low captures, because as soon as a point is safe, I leave one person to cap it and move somewhere else to be more useful.

(In the sense of score. Capturing points is obviously important. In the case of some people, they can have very high capture count, simply from failing on bot and having to recap it, or constantly having to recap back doored mid, or multi-capping instead of moving around the map, which is my point)

Redenbacher

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
Captures arent that important. I usually have very low captures, because as soon as a point is safe, I leave one person to cap it and move somewhere else to be more useful.

(In the sense of score. Capturing points is obviously important. In the case of some people, they can have very high capture count, simply from failing on bot and having to recap it, or constantly having to recap back doored mid, or multi-capping instead of moving around the map, which is my point)
Right, I agree with this. I actually often wind up with much less score than my teammates because I will abandon the point before it's captured so I can get back in time to defend it, or scoot down to bottom for a gank.

If you're an experienced player, and you can wrap your head around how the game should work, then score doesn't mean much to you. If you're a brand new player who has never seen Dominion before, it's a hand-holding tool to get the player started, not necessarily advance them to high Elo play. In that respect, I don't have a problem with the score system. As a player, you should know when you're playing your best and the reward for doing so should be the big VICTORY screen - not how many points you obtained. This isn't an arcade game.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

07-27-2012

This just goes to show SR fanbois are mentally retarded **** for brains who can't manage simple thought process.

Ikruti

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY View Post
This just goes to show SR fanbois are mentally retarded **** for brains who can't manage simple thought process.
Both the OP and your reply are completely uncalled for. Keep it civil even if they don't.

However I don't understand what goal the OP is trying to achieve, are they afraid of inconsistency in the game play between SR and Dom? I can't really fathom that's it, after all the two game modes are exceedingly different already, why would that be the one trip up point?

Are they upset that kills shorten the game? Isn't kills shortening the game sort of in the spirit of keeping fast and fun?

So to paraphrase, lolwut?

Orphane

07-27-2012

OP, I'm sorry you haven't taken the time to try and learn the intricacies of a completely different game mode.

Tortferngatr

07-27-2012

To the OP: If you don't like that kills hurt the Nexus on Dominion, can you please state it in a more civil manner? It is much better for encouraging legitimate discussion (and eventually things for RiotNome to bring to the Live Team) when you state your complaints calmly and without using terms that make you sound like a 10 year old.

As for your actual complaint: Kills giving a minor effect on Nexus health is a minor issue at best--and kills, just like on Summoner's Rift, indirectly help your team by temporarily removing a threat or forcing them to burn Revive by pressuring right afterwards.

The scoring system is a much more pressing issue with objective highlighting on Dominion, since it is often misleading as to what actions are actually going to prove beneficial to your team. It would be the equivalent of Summoner's Rift having a score system that rewards wave clears but not CS.

Degenero

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croxx20 View Post
Just is.
Do you win capture the flag by killing dudes? No.
Do you win king of the hill by killing dudes? No.
Do you win any objective based game the same way you earn points in a deathmatch? No.
Point is, you shouldn't be awarded points (enemy nexus loses hp) when you get a kill. That's not the objective.
Solution A) remove this feature from dominion
Solution B) change classic so that it follows the same rule
Seems that you're bad at dominion.

Mango027

07-27-2012

think of it as it takes effort for the nexus to respawn someone. It is really hard to bring someone back to life.

hinderlopen

07-27-2012

Do you win capture the flag by killing dudes? No. But you will lose if you don't kill the people trying to get YOUR flag.
Do you win king of the hill by killing dudes? No. But you will lose if you don't kill the people already on the hill.
Do you win any objective based game the same way you earn points in a deathmatch? No. But you will never make it to the objective if you don't kill the people guarding it.

The point is, you should think deeper about strategy in teams games like this before complaining about side objectives.

Killing the enemy is like a sidequest, you shouldn't go out of your way for it but it helps you complete the main quest.

Elysius

07-27-2012

He is trolling.. let this topic go.. far far away