Mage Masher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chorma

07-27-2012

items: hexdrinker(1400) + null-magic mantle(400g) + 450g to build =2250g total

stats: 30 atk dmg 65 mag resist UNIQUE PASSIVE: If you would take magic damage that would leave you at less than 30% Health, you first gain a shield that absorbs 300 magic damage for 5 seconds (60 second cooldown). UNIQUE ACTIVE: silences target for 2-3 seconds (60 second cooldown)

Yuan Shikai

07-27-2012

What itemization gap would that fill? AD chars are already incredinbly powerful fighting mages headon, why make them even stronger?

Also, 2 to 3 seconds is BY FAR too much CC for an item, especially one as strong as silence, Talon has an actual ABILITY that only gives 1 second.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

Hard CC is never going to be placed on an item because League is balanced around some champions NOT having CC. This would be a fantastic reason to build Katarina AD, all you do is Shunpo-Silence-Ulti.

Autocthon

07-27-2012

Ummm... Silence isn't hard CC

Reasoning is right tho

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Ummm... Silence isn't hard CC

Reasoning is right tho
Any thing that disables=hard CC.

Blind is the weakest hard CC because all it disables are auto attacks. Silence disables spells at least.

But that's all moot because the point is, it would still be too strong.

mrocznykiciak

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Blind is the weakest hard CC because all it disables are auto attacks. Silence disables spells at least.
This is nonsense, since if champ is AA based then this blind is suddently hard CC.

Anyway, i doubt they will introduce it since there is already a legendary item made of Hexdrinker.
And 3 sec of silence is little too much.

More possible is some kind of Mass HP + Mass MR combo with full defensive purpose. (there is less crowd in that niche).

Yuan Shikai

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrocznykiciak View Post
This is nonsense, since if champ is AA based then this blind is suddently hard CC.
I do not see your point, he SAID that Blind is hard CC and it ALWAYS is, but just the weakest kind of hard CC.

Lazreal

07-28-2012

There was an Item in DOTA Malevolent Staff I think it was called, it had a Silence as an activate but cost like 4300 gold, and wasn't seen to much when I played due to it being an AP item, which cost alot for i Silence on a long CD that also didn't have much range.

So your item could work but Would not like to see it so cheap or being on an AD item, I'd rather see it on an AP item only. for Mages have enough to deal with/hate, putting it as a 1 second Silence

axesandspears

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazreal View Post
There was an Item in DOTA Malevolent Staff I think it was called, it had a Silence as an activate but cost like 4300 gold, and wasn't seen to much when I played due to it being an AP item, which cost alot for i Silence on a long CD that also didn't have much range.

So your item could work but Would not like to see it so cheap or being on an AD item, I'd rather see it on an AP item only. for Mages have enough to deal with/hate, putting it as a 1 second Silence
This game is not DotA. A lot of items from DotA were specifically left out of LoL for good reason.

League of Legends is just balanced differently, with most of the utility and steroids for champions coming directly from the kits, and items serving as either stat-sticks or more commonly in some niche utility role.