Remove Dominon's Score or make it accurate.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BunnayStar

07-27-2012

When capturing a base with creep assistance, is it better to keep capturing(Rewards score) or let the creeps finish the cap go top and make it in time to contribute to the team fight?

The answer is obvious, yet the scoring system misleads you.

Martyring. Dieing on the base 1v1 is pointless, if you have an escape, get off the base, back out, if you have a poke you may delay for a long time. Martyring makes the game want you to die in the Least optimal place.

Same idea, owned base. Dieing on the base is the Last place you want to die. If you drag someone off the base, or better yet multiples off the base, they have to run that distance -back- to the base. Even if one lags behind to keep capping, its a slower cap overall. Better chance for your team to catch up and stop them.

The system misleads you again.

Kills on/off bases. What is a kill off the base vs a kill on the base? What is a better team fight, letting the enemy charge you on a tower garrisoning it to null it, or camping a brush and surprise initiating on the enemy teams revive?

The system misleads you. As it always does.

Creeps giving score, losing bottom over and over padding your score with recaps, the list goes on. Almost Every situation that gives you score, passively getting Less score is the more team orientated way to play. Short of just having a ton of kills and assists, the score system doesnt really tell you if someones playing well. At best it tells you they've been lazy, but contributing, at worst its downright Wrong and shows a situation such as a losing bot lane with high score from mass martyr and recapping.

If its too hard to make the system accurately appreciate skill(Letting creeps cap, ambushing instead of sitting on a base, death penalty rather then reward) then why have a score system at all? Summoners Rift has a fine score system. You see creeps, towers, and KDA. Its up to each individual to decide if they did best or worst. But in dominion you gather all these stats up and then pretend to pick who's best and who's worst? Not very nice. And it leads to a lot of trivial arguments and bad manners and mislead children(Since this is a free game, looots of young teens play it) actually thinking the system is right. Actually basing their success on this score.

Get rid of it or give us an option to not see it. At least a jury rigable option like how I slide chat off screen ever since you broke matchmaking this last patch and made my games so low quality in Dominion that I cant trust or even speak to the nubile young minds Im being pitted with and against.

That last bit is just me getting my eye in, 'Vastly' improved matchmaking my assets. The day that patch came out I was matched against FOUR low level players with a team of 30's on my side. Poor sods.

naotasan

07-27-2012

I dug up an old thread you may like to visit -

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2236364

Mick Swagger

07-27-2012

I hate the frekin score system in dominion.

FDru

07-27-2012

This was put nicely. Good reading.

Though I think it's common knowledge by now that the score system is derpa derp.

DaRatmastah

07-27-2012

Agreed. Tired of being yelled at by people for things that I know I'm doing right, and having them justify it with their score vs. mine.

Dude, I'm bot lane. Wtf.

MyDeadGrandma

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRatmastah View Post
Agreed. Tired of being yelled at by people for things that I know I'm doing right, and having them justify it with their score vs. mine.

Dude, I'm bot lane. Wtf.
Either that, or you're lulu/alistar and you've spent the better part of the match keeping 3 people off top point by yourself.

Tortferngatr

07-27-2012

...Why don't we replace the individual score systems with a "team score" system, much like how on SR you have the visual indicators of total team kills and turret differences? I.e. if an enemy point is neutralized, the whole team's score gets buffed, if a player nabs Storm Shield the team gets points, etc.

Also perhaps show "contribution factors" for the team in place of the current score system-such as creep score (for champions occupying the bottom lane), damage dealt, damage taken, healing performed, relics taken, etc.

Degenero

07-27-2012

Agree. Remove this ****. It does nothing but create an argument point during a game when the personal score means absolutely NOTHING. The team score means everything and should be highlighted more, rather than be convoluted with an absolutely useless stat.

Mango027

07-27-2012

I dont worry about my dominion score, I just play to win.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

yeah tired of "you idiot are horrible thats why we send you bot, only baddies play there because they g4et the lower score", or the most popular "bot lane did nothing" while top lane was miserably losing a 4v2 in their favor -_-.

@Fdru, only like 10% of the dominion playerbase reads the forums, mostly mid to high elo ranges, so the worst of us( i include myself) still have triple flash teams bashing us for revive, garrison and score and barely knowing what an offensive garrison is or what it does "lol wut i can use garrison on enemy turrets? o_O?, garrison is not global? then ish usheleshh" so no, it's not common sense, although some us us wish it was.