Should the quest system be looked at?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

07-26-2012

I feel the quest system is ok, but needs to be improved on. My two biggest problems with it is this,

1. Not enough variety in the quest placement. Right now it is always, both the quest are at both the team's bot or the quest spawn at the top point and the team that does not hold the top, mid point. I thought the point of the quest system is to make people maybe switch there strategy on the go to make adjustments to get the quest. Right now it does not feel like it is doing that very well (unless you are pre-mades), which brings me to my next point.

2. A lot of people i encounter in dominion ignore the importance of the quest. If I go bot to help the bot lane capture the quest or try to (provided that I am not bot, which I usually am), I hear from one or sometimes call three "why are two bot, we need to get top?" and sometimes a little bit more rude then that. Is a 10% damage increase and 20 point taken away from the enemy team not good enough?

I do have a suggestion, but its just in theory that this may help. What if more quest where added and spawned in different patterns? Say one quest in blue team's bot and one quest on purple team's mid. Now take it a step further, say two quest (which of course will be different from each other) can be active at the same time.

I feel this would just about force both teams to think about how they want to approach that situation, while improving the importance of the quests. I mean would you guys go for say top still, if both teams bot and mid offered a powerful quest reward? Now to add a even greater value on which quest to get; I also think after you get one of the two, all the quest should disappear rather then giving you the option to getting both. You then have to make the choice as a group effort on which quest would help you out the most in your given situation.

Thoughts?

Ottyssey

07-27-2012

I disagree with your first suggestion. I think quest placement should only be done bot lane. Bot lane is much more stable, and giving teams an incentive to move the fight from top to bot gives the game some variety and some additional strategic depth IMO.

I've never thought it was fair for one team's defense quest to be top. That's much harder to defend that your own mid. Maybe it works this way as a catch up mechanic, but it doesn't offer strategic depth or decision making... the team whose quest is to take top would have tried to do that anyway most of the time.

I've also seen a few instances where a quest popped up on a point a team recently captured and wasn't in position to defend since they were low from just winning a teamfight. Again, this might be a catch up mechanic, but it ends up feeling like bad luck to me.

As for your second suggestion, I wouldn't mind the quest rewards receiving a bump if the quests only appeared bot lane. This increases the draw that would temporarily move fighting bot lane and give teams more meaningful decisions to make.

Just IMO!

David12596

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottyssey View Post
I disagree with your first suggestion. I think quest placement should only be done bot lane. Bot lane is much more stable, and giving teams an incentive to move the fight from top to bot gives the game some variety and some additional strategic depth IMO.

I've never thought it was fair for one team's defense quest to be top. That's much harder to defend that your own mid. Maybe it works this way as a catch up mechanic, but it doesn't offer strategic depth or decision making... the team whose quest is to take top would have tried to do that anyway most of the time.

I've also seen a few instances where a quest popped up on a point a team recently captured and wasn't in position to defend since they were low from just winning a teamfight. Again, this might be a catch up mechanic, but it ends up feeling like bad luck to me.

As for your second suggestion, I wouldn't mind the quest rewards receiving a bump if the quests only appeared bot lane. This increases the draw that would temporarily move fighting bot lane and give teams more meaningful decisions to make.

Just IMO!
I can see what you mean. Maybe make a unique quest or two spawn at top? I still would say i would want quest to spawn in both team's mid or one team's bot and one teams mid. Mid gets no love.

irott

07-27-2012

There is some good information in here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2288946

David12596

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by irott View Post
There is some good information in here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2288946
I still would want the quest to spawn mind-mid and bot-mid. Only spawning bot would be boring.